Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Craigyboy9

Isle of Man TT (Adam Lyon)

Recommended Posts

Another of the Dunlop family killed in a road race 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Another of the Dunlop family killed in a road race 

He didn't go to the TT this year as his wife's 20 week scan showed an anomaly. I cannot imagine what his wife and the rest of the family is going through now. That is 2 brothers and a son lost to the sport, heartbreaking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2018 at 10:09, MidSussexBlue said:

He didn't go to the TT this year as his wife's 20 week scan showed an anomaly. I cannot imagine what his wife and the rest of the family is going through now. That is 2 brothers and a son lost to the sport, heartbreaking.

This is the issue when people say it's their choice. Definitely a discussion to be had, because it's not just one man's life that's at stake with most people that ride. 

Do we say it's just choice with wearing seatbelts? Or all manner of other things? I think sometimes rules and restrictions have to be imposed for people's own good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is the issue when people say it's their choice. Definitely a discussion to be had, because it's not just one man's life that's at stake with most people that ride. 

Do we say it's just choice with wearing seatbelts? Or all manner of other things? I think sometimes rules and restrictions have to be imposed for people's own good. 

So are soliders on the front line Or anyone doing a job that may cost them their life only to be single with no family???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So are soliders on the front line Or anyone doing a job that may cost them their life only to be single with no family???

Yeah, of course. The difference with soldiery and other things is they have to be done by someone and everything is generally done to make sure the can be as safe as possible within obvious limits. Some things don't have to be done by anyone but are incredibly dangerous if you do. 

I'm not saying I've reached any conclusion about how I feel about it, but it's definitely something worth discussing. In some cases children have basically lost their father because someone did something they enjoyed that was very, very dangerous. 

It's about where we draw lines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Inigo said:

This is the issue when people say it's their choice. Definitely a discussion to be had, because it's not just one man's life that's at stake with most people that ride. 

Do we say it's just choice with wearing seatbelts? Or all manner of other things? I think sometimes rules and restrictions have to be imposed for people's own good. 

I agree, but the issue is who decides what the rules and restrictions would be. Someone like me, who has never ridden a motorbike in my life would have a totally different view to those who think nothing of riding a motorbike at speeds approaching 200mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×