The Rangers FC

Gazzasleftfoot

Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

Pardon?  

And you're requirement to be rude is for what reason exactly?  

I'll pretend that makes sense. I didn't like how you basically tried to say "I'm too busy supporting Rangers to notice what other teams are called". Pish excuse.

Must be Monday.  A few miserable grumpy bears on this forum today.  

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I'll pretend that makes sense. I didn't like how you basically tried to say "I'm too busy supporting Rangers to notice what other teams are called". Pish excuse.

That is NOT what I meant.  Your taking of context is clearly more immature than mine.  Have a lovely day Sir.  

15 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Genuinely,  I have never heard it. One of my brothers support Arsenal as well and never heard him say The Arsenal.  I learn something new every day.  I only support one team, so don't pay an awful lot of attention to others nicknames etc to be entirely honest.  I'm familiar with most,  but not closely if that makes sense.  

?

Good honest answer mate ..... not a lot of that going about .... :p:

:UK:

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Must be Monday.  A few miserable grumpy bears on this forum today.  

That is NOT what I meant.  Your taking of context is clearly more immature than mine.  Have a lovely day Sir.  

Shut up fud.

18 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Genuinely,  I have never heard it. One of my brothers support Arsenal as well and never heard him say The Arsenal.  I learn something new every day.  I only support one team, so don't pay an awful lot of attention to others nicknames etc to be entirely honest.  I'm familiar with most,  but not closely if that makes sense.  

It is common in England and probably older Scots Rangers supporters that had an affiliation with RFC & Arsenal via Bill Struth. 

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

It is common in England and probably older Scots Rangers supporters that had an affiliation with RFC & Arsenal via Bill Struth. 

Have a couple of older family members in England that are West Ham(The Hammers/The Irons) supporters.

Would it be fair to assume there are quite a few clubs that would have had "the" thrown in back in the older generation days?  Going on other suggestions. 

It's nice to read someone passing sensible replies for a refreshing change.  Always decent to have a proper conversation around here like you would if you were in a pub before a game:) 

38 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Have a couple of older family members in England that are West Ham(The Hammers/The Irons) supporters.

Would it be fair to assume there are quite a few clubs that would have had "the" thrown in back in the older generation days?  Going on other suggestions. 

It's nice to read someone passing sensible replies for a refreshing change.  Always decent to have a proper conversation around here like you would if you were in a pub before a game:) 

I've only ever heard of The Rangers & The Arsenal.

My Dad born 1920, & my Grandad referred to The Arsenal and obviously The Rangers as most Rangers supporters of the day supported Arsenal as their English team, because of Bill Struth and him leading Rangers to become the top institution in Britain.

Perhaps Arsenal were 2nd, not sure though. 

On 16/11/2018 at 16:54, North Antrim Loyal said:

Given it's popularity it is surprising it never made it to the shirt.

Probably because in those days we didn't need a badge on our shirts to let others know who we were. IIRC the only time a badge was on the shirt was for cup finals.