Footballs greatest

hammer93

It's a tricky one, as some players look very different when you see them up close. Del piero tore us a new one at Ibrox when we played Juventus in the 90's. Very skilful player. 

Ryan Giggs is never going to be in a top ten list, but he's the player that impressed me most playing against us. Outstanding skill and workrate. 

though I would agree that Messi has to be the best player of the modern age. Ronaldo is up there, but Messi is just the full package. Professional as well. 

11 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Greatest ever attacking player still Maradona,winning the world cup almost single handed in 86 will be hard to surpass.

Greatest defensively Franco Baresi,shame that the appreciation of the art of defending is dying.

The dying breed that were the classy, shirt-oot-the-shorts, stroll through the game defenders like like Franco Baresi and Davie Narey.

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

Matthaus is the best of them all btw. 

Not really, but he was the guy above all others I wanted to be. The real Matthaus, that is. Before the sweeper, old cunt shite.

Totally agree-he was great driving forward from midfield. He would be Captain of my best eleven of that era.