Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

We've been wishing for him to maybe get it correct/recognise his wrong's for 18 months now, anyone else would be gone by now his name is keeping him in the job

I don’t think it is just the fact it’s Gerrard that’s saving him. I’m as devastated as anyone and some of his decisions leave me baffled but he has shown we are capable under his tenure but he has fallen short at the same hurdle twice now and that is painful and worrying, but there wasn’t questions asked about his position 2 months ago, far from it and as much as I’ve seen it demanded he goes I’ve not seen one person tonight actually give one suggestion who we can realistically get in to replace him and turn this team into title winners. 
serious question who would you want in ? 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I don’t think it is just the fact it’s Gerrard that’s saving him. I’m as devastated as anyone and some of his decisions leave me baffled but he has shown we are capable under his tenure but he has fallen short at the same hurdle twice now and that is painful and worrying, but there wasn’t questions asked about his position 2 months ago, far from it and as much as I’ve seen it demanded he goes I’ve not seen one person tonight actually give one suggestion who we can realistically get in to replace him and turn this team into title winners. 
serious question who would you want in ? 

There isn't a realistic stand out candidate and I doubt we even have the money to get rid and hire a new coaching staff, as much as I would love to say absolutely no one could see this fall coming you really could I mean we seen the exact same story last year.

18 minutes ago, tomger said:

I get what your saying but we are so close to cracking it. We need another window we are still rebuilding from the previous disasters.

Are we really though? This is his team now, pretty much the full 11 other than his captain and his star man were signed by him 

And we’ve shown no signs of cracking it in the league, challenging until January does not count when you finish so far behind 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Are we really though? This is his team now, pretty much the full 11 other than his captain and his star man were signed by him 

And we’ve shown no signs of cracking it in the league, challenging until January does not count when you finish so far behind 

Star man who cant even dive properly or keep himself on the pitch or from suspension? We are still rebuilding I don't see anyone else who is going to do better. Seeing the pain in Stevie's interview tells me he will do everything to win us that league the players on the other hand.......

Imo gerrard if he is here in the summer needs to sign guys who are feared on the pitch by his own team mates. We are too soft and we need a guy who can grab these players by the balls and let them know what they need to do. We need a proper captain.

4 minutes ago, tomger said:

Star man who cant even dive properly or keep himself on the pitch or from suspension? We are still rebuilding I don't see anyone else who is going to do better. Seeing the pain in Stevie's interview tells me he will do everything to win us that league the players on the other hand.......

Star man whos near 30 goals before the break kept us close to them and consequently Gerrard in a job ?

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Star man whos near 30 goals before the break kept us close to them and consequently Gerrard in a job ?

Are you seriously saying Morelos isn't part of the reason for this seasons failure? It's all on Gerrard not the players? Who do you want in for next season 

1 minute ago, tomger said:

Are you seriously saying Morelos isn't part of the reason for this seasons failure? It's all on Gerrard not the players? Who do you want in for next season 

He’s the reason people think Gerrard should have a job. He’s the reason we had a title challenge until January, and were in Europe past August and then December/

1 minute ago, tomger said:

Partly to blame yes, but was he on the park last night ? No ! Has he been out of form since the break and his suspension ? Yes ! But has he scored nearly 30 goals before the winter break to keep our season going and keep Gerrard in a job ??

I would take Jose Mourinho and a win at all costs attitude, sad reality is were more likely to get Ian Mccall.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s the reason people think Gerrard should have a job. He’s the reason we had a title challenge until January, and were in Europe past August and then December/

He should also be on more goals but because of his petulance he hasn't been available. I love him but he has to go now it keeps happening every season ffs. Sell him to the highest bidder and get someone else in. What use is a stiriker who is suspended/ not match for half the season 

21 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

There isn't a realistic stand out candidate and I doubt we even have the money to get rid and hire a new coaching staff, as much as I would love to say absolutely no one could see this fall coming you really could I mean we seen the exact same story last year.

Agree with the fact it’s last season repeated in terms of when it fell apart but me personally (perhaps more in hope than realistic expectations) didn’t Think it would happen again. I just don’t know how to replace him with a realistic option and the thought of starting all over again with them on the verge of ten fills me with dread. 

Partly to blame yes, but was he on the park last night ? No ! Has he been out of form since the break and his suspension ? Yes ! But has he scored nearly 30 goals before the winter break to keep our season going and keep Gerrard in a job ??

I would take Jose Mourinho and a win at all costs attitude, sad reality is were more likely to get Ian Mccall.

He wasn't playing due to his own fault. How can we rely on him? We can't anymore ..... He gets suspended, doesn't play, loses fitness and form and we win nothing. Rinse and repeat it's time for him to go. Gerrard doesn't need to prove to me he can win, these players have proved already they can't.

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agree with the fact it’s last season repeated in terms of when it fell apart but me personally (perhaps more in hope than realistic expectations) didn’t Think it would happen again. I just don’t know how to replace him with a realistic option and the thought of starting all over again with them on the verge of ten fills me with dread. 

I don't think any of us seen it coming mate, nobody IMO could see the wheels falling off to this extent after December.

I doubt this squad is capable of anything now, we could win every game upto the winter break next year and still find a way to end our season by March.

51 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

If they beat us at the midden to win the league then there couldn’t possibly be a guard of honour by us. We’re not going to give them it after the game leaving the pitch ffs. 

What if the league is one before we play them at their midden? 

Not beyond all realms of possibility. 

Not that we would ever do it. Just all the build up, Rangers bad etc.

its all fucking shite

3 minutes ago, tomger said:

He wasn't playing due to his own fault. How can we rely on him? We can't anymore ..... He gets suspended, doesn't play, loses fitness and form and we win nothing. Rinse and repeat it's time for him to go. Gerrard doesn't need to prove to me he can win, these players have proved already they can't.

If he knows he can't rely on him then why stick with him ? You want to blame Morelos but at the end of the day Gerrard makes the decisions.

We could have put the under 20's out there today and we would have expected to beat that Hearts team, guess who 2 of Stendel's 4 wins are against ?

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If part yes but not the only one. Our form at the start wasn’t outstanding but goals kept us in touch, Jack was exceptional and barisic became the player we hoped would emerge, Defoe in the league was unstoppable, Davis looked that he’d stolen pace he’d never had in his prime and we actually defended like our defenders knew what they were doing. Then collectively we progresssd without doubt culminating at the piggery then for fuck knows why despite the rumours we’ve completely lost the plot and outwith Europe you’d be rightly to want rid of just about everycunt. Morelos was immense for 3 months and I honestly thought he’d started to deliver the potential that’s obviously there but he’s not the only reason Gerrard is in his job. That’s unfair 

12 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Usually they sack the manager to keep the players, I really don't want to keep our players but I want to keep gerrard 

If he knows he can't rely on him then why stick with him ? You want to blame Morelos but at the end of the day Gerrard makes the decisions.

We could have put the under 20's out there today and we would have expected to beat that Hearts team, guess who 2 of Stendel's 4 wins are against ?

He hasn't stuck with him that's why he didn't play and he's thrown a tantrum. I hope we don't see him again this season that goes for half the squad by the way 

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

What if the league is one before we play them at their midden? 

Not beyond all realms of possibility. 

Not that we would ever do it. Just all the build up, Rangers bad etc.

its all fucking shite

100% it’s literally they will have wrapped the league up by then if we continue how we have been. It won’t ever happen again by us to them or them to us, the hostility has grown to much, the fans wouldn’t accept it and both clubs know it. Aye you’ll get the usual cunts like keevans and the like bumping their gums but who really gives a fuck about that. 

Archived