Ally in Conversation with Sandy

8 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Faith do"s if thats how you feel. He never even wanted the job, but still took it  We all know he loves the horses, so he probably does quite a bit of gambling older bears and ones who have read about him will know about the infamous Cheltenham fiasco...

He might have been in a financial position that made sure he couldn't afford to not take the cash.  He's still a hero to me, I just forget about his managerial stint. Take that away and he's up there with John Greig.

I was 9 when Ally signed for us so growing up he was a massive part of everything about what I was part of mate do for me to say what I did in the previous post was hard to say, but it’s honestly the way I feel about him now. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I actually agree with you on that, but he's not far behind him. Played for us for years after a horrendous start and ended up our top ever scorer that I can't ever see being beaten. Also one of the few who played every season of our 9 in a row. 

Aye that tally won’t be beaten, not many will have his ability to nick a goal out of nothing plus not many players stay long enough at one club to threaten it. 
I remember the first couple of seasons mate especially half way through the first, ally ally get tae fuck ha ha, and aye one of only 3. Was drinking with one of the others in Iain Ferguson the other Friday after a Q&A charity event till about 330 in the morning ha ha. 

14 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I was 9 when Ally signed for us so growing up he was a massive part of everything about what I was part of mate do for me to say what I did in the previous post was hard to say, but it’s honestly the way I feel about him now. 

You're entitled to that. Wouldn't hold it against you 🙂

10 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye that tally won’t be beaten, not many will have his ability to nick a goal out of nothing plus not many players stay long enough at one club to threaten it. 
I remember the first couple of seasons mate especially half way through the first, ally ally get tae fuck ha ha, and aye one of only 3. Was drinking with one of the others in Iain Ferguson the other Friday after a Q&A charity event till about 330 in the morning ha ha. 

Wish I was there... sounds like it would've been a good night 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wish I was there... sounds like it would've been a good night 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Was brilliant mate, we had vip tickets as the wife is totally in love with Laudrup and he was meant to be the guest of honour but the day he was due to fly into Glasgow Denmark suspended flights in and out the country so the main speakers were Ferguson who was billed to be alongside him anyway, but last minute Boyd, Newman, Mols and amazingly Walter stepped up. Brilliant night, great stories told and finishing up last ones standing at the bar with Fergie was just fantastic. Spent £1350 on signed laudrup stuff in the auction mind but it doesn’t come along often lol 

almost forgot that incredible as it is for these events organisers, as a bonus those who had paid for the night get a complementary invite in September when laudrup can attend (if it’s back to normal by then) but that’s a great touch in fairness 

Archived