Alfredo’s Best

Essandoh

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think Alfredo is over-rated, but I question his mentality if he’s had so many starts against the taigs and he’s not managed to score one goal against them.

We’ve had our lesser quality non-striking outfield players score against them, even defenders.

If he has mental blocks like that he’ll never teach the top unless he’s able to put it to one side.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Myth

What’s a striker’s main job?

How many starts has he had against the taigs?

Why do you think he’s not shit against the taigs when he’s not done his principle job against them on several occasions?

At least be able to see the good and the bad in him

17 minutes ago, Swally said:

What’s a striker’s main job?

How many starts has he had against the taigs?

Why do you think he’s not shit against the taigs when he’s not done his principle job against them on several occasions?

At least be able to see the good and the bad in him

Because in a lot of those games he’s had a good game and ragdolled their defence.

That last sentence couldn’t be anymore ironic if you tried.

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because in a lot of those games he’s had a good game and ragdolled their defence.

That last sentence couldn’t be anymore ironic if you tried.

The last sentence couldn’t be more ironic if I tried?

Exactly one post previous to the one you responded to I stated “I don’t think Alfredo is over-rated” but then I went on to question his mentality specific to some games...

A very good example of seeing the good and bad in a player... and actually being quite even handed.

Oh dearly me :lol:

7 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

two subs under Murty once with Gerrard.

Two under Gerrard.

3 hours ago, Swally said:

The last sentence couldn’t be more ironic if I tried?

Exactly one post previous to the one you responded to I stated “I don’t think Alfredo is over-rated” but then I went on to question his mentality specific to some games...

A very good example of seeing the good and bad in a player... and actually being quite even handed.

Oh dearly me :lol:

Yet, you quite clearly missed the good against celtic therefore only seeing the bad.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Two under Gerrard.

Yet, you quite clearly missed the good against celtic therefore only seeing the bad.

Being the only striker heading our attack, his main job is to score goals.

If you don’t understand that then further discussions will be problematic.

Holding up the ball, and playing in other players only gives you so much money in the bank before your performances start to be questioned due to missing a huge amount of chances each game... >and have yet to score against a certain team after a large amount of starts<

It’s like celebrating a goalkeepers performances, even although he kept letting in goals he should have saved - because his distribution is fantastic. It’s like celebrating Tav as a >defender< for his attacking prowess, when he keeps getting skinned and can’t defend. But most don’t defend Tav, because it’s Tav. :lol:

If Morelos had been a supporting forward to the main striker you’d have more of a point, but he wasn’t - his main job (the one you seem to refuse to judge him on) was to score goals.

He has scored 0

6 minutes ago, Swally said:

Being the only striker heading our attack, his main job is to score goals.

If you don’t understand that then further discussions will be problematic.

Holding up the ball, and playing in other players only gives you so much money in the bank before your performances start to be questioned due to missing a huge amount of chances each game... >and have yet to score against a certain team after a large amount of starts<

It’s like celebrating a goalkeepers performances, even although he kept letting in goals he should have saved - because his distribution is fantastic. It’s like celebrating Tav as a >defender< for his attacking prowess, when he keeps getting skinned and can’t defend. But most don’t defend Tav, because it’s Tav. :lol:

If Morelos had been a supporting forward to the main striker you’d have more of a point, but he wasn’t - his main job (the one you seem to refuse to judge him on) was to score goals.

He has scored 0

I’ve judged him on it before, doesn’t mean he hasn’t had a good game though. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’ve judged him on it before, doesn’t mean he hasn’t had a good game though. 

I would disagree, simply because I was at the stage of saying he should be dropped for another striker during these specific matches.

I don't know what opinion like that was on here, but I know a lot of people who were of the same opinion.

If he's our only striker, and our main avenue for scoring, he has to start taking chances otherwise he'll be costing us points.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Two under Gerrard.

He’s still went 14 hours of play without a goal against them that’s poor for our main striker.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

But those 14 hours of play don't tell the whole picture as has been demonstrated. 

He’s our main striker he should be scoring goals against them.  We’ve only beat them 3 time’s since Morelos has been here it could’ve been more had he hadn’t missed so many sitters. 

4 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s our main striker he should be scoring goals against them.  We’ve only beat them 3 time’s since Morelos has been here it could’ve been more had he hadn’t missed so many sitters. 

Only beating them three times isn't his fault. 

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

The amount of chances he’s missed against them plays a part.

Not really when he's ragdolling their back line every game. 

So we're expecting him to batter 4 defenders at a time and score 2 or 3 into the bargain? 

Archived