Big Eck Who?

Canadaready

LITHUANIA BOSS UNAWARE OF BIG ECK

Lithuania coach Algimantas Liubinskas admitted he did not know that Alex McLeish had taken over from Walter Smith as Scotland boss.

Liubinskas, whose side face the Scots at Hampden on Saturday in their European Championship qualifier, is in Vilnius working with his players ahead of the Hampden Park clash.

Smith was in charge when Scotland beat Lithuania 2-1 in Kaunas almost a year ago but was replaced by McLeish in January after deciding to return to manage Rangers for the second time.

But asked by the Daily Record if Scotland's tactics or style of play would change under McLeish, Liubinskas said: "The Scotland team changes coach?"

When that was confirmed, the Lithuania boss asked: "Who is is the Scotland coach now?" before admitting that McLeish's appointment was news to him.

Meanwhile, French officials revealed 6,000 tickets are still available for the France v Scotland clash in Paris next week.

Although the tickets are for the home sections of the ground, Scotland fans are able to purchase them.

A French spokesman: "Officially we have given Scotland 4,500 tickets.

"We're selling tickets on the internet and if they buy them they can come to the game."

he obviously has no idea how we are going to line up or anything then... either that or its porkies, i highly doubt that something as big as an oppositions manager change would be let to go past him. he would have to get ready for whatever type of style a new manager has, if any.

Tosser - Big Eck = Rangers legend!

legend? :pipe:

Seven trophies in four and a half years? No too bad?

I dont doubt his record, i am a fan. But you cant hide the fact we finished third in his last season, and had a fair few sh1te players left over from his bargain bin buys.

Great guy, legend.... No.