MON,s legacy

BLUE CYCLOPS

With so many posts about the UEFA report on Wed. night, I thought I would float a hobby horse of mine and see if any one else see,s it my way.

I,ve always believed that MON jumped,or was encouraged to jump ship, at Septic rather than get the bullet. His

time had run its course and he had become an embarrasment. Remember the secret e-mail where the chairman

was complaining about their esteemed manager,s mouth causing more embarrasment to the club? This was after the Lennon/MON parade up the touchline at Ibrox and the evidence of lip reading experts on what they were saying.

MON,s wife had been ill for years, but I have always thought that his decision to look after her came at a very convenient time for both parties. This must have been at the time when he made his initial complaints to UEFA about Rangers.

Since those days,MON has since returned to football but is not the golden child he was at Celtic. This is my theory,make of it what you will. The EPL,BBc etc,. have no intention of becoming embroiled in the Old Firm sectarian sewer,but it is my belief that MON,S complaint to UEFA, his antics at Celtic had been seen and noted by the powers that be. While these organisations have no sympathy with Rangers,they are knowledgeable enough about our problems to know that MON was giving out a bigoted and false picture of the problem.

Since returning to the game, MON is no longer the media darling he was, he is very rarely on tv as a pundit,he is not favourite for every top job in football(as the newspapers used to have it).He appears to be just another average manager. Changed days for MON. It is my belief that MON has been rumbled as the bitter little bigot he always was,he is a one trick pony,football wise, and has been dropped from the A-list media circus.

The football world,both playing and media,prefer their dirty linen washed in house. MON,s decision to go direct to UEFA with his campaign against Rangers was his biggest mistake and exposed him for what he really is. A fake.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

The man is poison, pure and simple. I think he did leave Celtic on his own accord, however I think he expected the big guns to welcome him with open arms, where as after the reality check, he was reckoned to be too narrow minded. The fact that he could not see beyond Neil Lennon for 3 clubs suggests this to be the case, and him taking half of his Celtic players to Villa confirms it.

The man is poison, pure and simple. I think he did leave Celtic on his own accord, however I think he expected the big guns to welcome him with open arms, where as after the reality check, he was reckoned to be too narrow minded. The fact that he could not see beyond Neil Lennon for 3 clubs suggests this to be the case, and him taking half of his Celtic players to Villa confirms it.

To be fair to him hes done rather well at Villa and right now they have a very good young squad. Something I have noticed about them is hes got 4 centre backs playing in the back 4, all well over 6 foot tall. Does that remind you of anything?

To be fair to him hes done rather well at Villa and right now they have a very good young squad. Something I have noticed about them is hes got 4 centre backs playing in the back 4, all well over 6 foot tall. Does that remind you of anything?

has he really done all that well with them though?? They finished 11th with 50 points last year compared to 16th with 42 points the year before and 10th with 47 points the year before. Not much of an improvement in my book and not a significant enough improvement to say that he has had much of an effect on the team. Even with the same manager teams can improve more than that from season to season. Man utds points totals in the past 3 years are 77, 83 and 89. MON is a bitter wee bigot and i cant stand the man.

they always seem to pick really annoying managers

'Saint' Martin and now Chesney doh

Yeah the last 2 have been horrendous. I know I have blue-tinged specs on but I couldn't imagine disliking WS very much if I were (shudders) one of the unwashed. He's got a certain dignity to him.

Didn't mind Dr Jo Venglos but then he really was crap! John Barnes and Kenny "em" Dalglish are 2 more very annoying characters.

I think MON really did leave of his own accord - his wife was very, very ill and when you combine that with the unsavoury incidents in his final season I think the pressure took its toll.