Why arent we using the fact we made a European Final to attract players?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but what a load of pish.

We have no idea who we are in for. 95% of the names coming out atm are made up to fill the back pages.

It's the start of June. We have near 3 MONTHS left in this transfer window. Oh and have you ever thought some of these "bosmans" might not want to come and play in the SPHell? That we have made contact and they dont want to come? This isn't football manager 2008.

If Rangers were interested in any of those Bosmans it would have been leaked to the Media, there agents would have made sure of that to Increase interest.

That all depends on whether they have approached the player, or the club.

They could be looking through them now with no one knowledgeable of it and asking themselves if they will fit into the team, or if they would even join us

The way Rangers conduct their transfer dealings, everyone knows who we are after before we even bid or get a chance to talk to the player

No we don't.

How many knew about Kevin Thomson??

How many knew about JCD??

How many knew about Cousin??

Are you serious?

Kevin Thomson was a PLG target as early as October, Throughout the January window Rangers were trying to sign him.

Took 3 weeks to tie up a deal with JCD. McLeish targetted him when he was in charge

Took 2 weeks to sign Cousin, long enough for another 2 clubs to try and nick him off us.

The way Rangers conduct their transfer dealings, everyone knows who we are after before we even bid or get a chance to talk to the player

No we don't.

(tu)

Going back a few years the media were caught on the hop with a lot of our signings. Most of the time they didnt know till Rangers unvieled them or at the very best they would find out the day before a player sigmed. I'm thinking along the lines of MoJo, Gazza, R. De Boer, Hartson :P

I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get get at least one major name this summer

Fingers crossed

We have no idea who we are in for. 95% of the names coming out atm are made up to fill the back pages.

It's the start of June. We have near 3 MONTHS left in this transfer window. Oh and have you ever thought some of these "bosmans" might not want to come and play in the SPHell? That we have made contact and they dont want to come? This isn't football manager.

I heard the same thing in January it's just the start of the window.

It's history repeating it's self all over again IMO

If we had attempted to sign a host of Bosmans then you would all be criticising Walter for a lack of ambition and Murray for money-grabbing. We have seen it before in the past. Why rush out and take Bosmans when you can just use the fact that there is a whole summer left to find and buy quality players?

This just smacks of the usual suspects being impatient with regards to signings.

If Rangers were interested in any of those Bosmans it would have been leaked to the Media, there agents would have made sure of that to Increase interest.

They could be looking through them now with no one knowledgeable of it and asking themselves if they will fit into the team, or if they would even join us

With a bosman, you dont speak to the club.......... You speak to the players agent

No we don't.

Are you serious?

Kevin Thomson was a PLG target as early as October, Throughout the January window Rangers were trying to sign him.

Took 3 weeks to tie up a deal with JCD

Took 2 weeks to sign Cousin, long enough for another 2 clubs to try and nick him off us

Mate he may well have been a target but everyone was of the opinion that he and Scott Brown were going to Celtic. We woke up one day to find to our surprise that he signed for us.

We, none of us had any idea that was going to happen. It was apparently a foregone conclusion that he was signing for them

With a bosman, you dont speak to the club.......... You speak to the players agent

But Rangers out of respect inform the club too. As they done before announcing the signing of JCD

No we don't.

(tu)

Going back a few years the media were caught on the hop with a lot of our signings. Most of the time they didnt know till Rangers unvieled them or at the very best they would find out the day before a player sigmed. I'm thinking along the lines of MoJo, Gazza, R. De Boer, Hartson :P

I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get get at least one major name this summer

Fingers crossed

Mojo,Gazza even De Boer and Hartson.... was before this Media driven updates every 5 minutes on, who signing for who or linked with a Club World!

If were linked with a player or even a slight sniff of a player, it will be reported somewhere in the press.

Thats just the way it is now :(

It's the start of June. We have near 3 MONTHS left in this transfer window. Oh and have you ever thought some of these "bosmans" might not want to come and play in the SPHell? That we have made contact and they dont want to come? This isn't football manager.

January Window is a farse. Should be dropped IMO. Summer window is completly different, very little happens across europe. It's all about the summer, we all know that.

I'm giving it a few months before i start to worry about our team and the season ahead unlike ALOT of people on this board. Give Walter and Ally time.

No we don't.

(tu)

Fingers crossed

Mojo,Gazza even De Boer and Hartson.... was before this Media driven updates every 5 minutes on, who signing for who or linked with a Club World!

If were linked with a player or even a slight sniff of a player, it will be reported somewhere in the press.

The point DB is how do you know who we are and aren't linked with??

Reading it in a paper isn't exactly proof. Just because papers say so doesn't make it fact.

Other than KM who Rangers have actually said they are interested in and MR where a bid has been rejected, the rest is just paper talk.

No we don't.

(tu)

Fingers crossed

Fair point but I think agents have a lot to do with the leak of storys. If we are dealing with certain agents or even unknown ones abroad then there is less chance of the story being leaked. Although saying that I believe Rangers dont deal with agents they dont know :unsure:

January Window is a farse. Should be dropped IMO. Summer window is completly different, very little happens across europe. It's all about the summer, we all know that.

I'm giving it a few months before i start to worry about our team and the season ahead unlike ALOT of people on this board. Give Walter and Ally time.

We don't have time to sit back and wait, Walter and Ally should have scouts at Euro2008 or one of them should be there,Seeing if we have any chance of bringing some Quality to the squad, Players agents and players will be screaming out to impress potential clubs.

Rangers will have to act fast or yet again we will be 2nd best (td)

Agents will leak shit no matter if we are in for them or not.

Agent leaks story > Big press coverage > boosts player profile > more teams come in for player > more money.

That's the way this shit works and why you should NEVER believe what papers say.

We don't have time to sit back and wait, Walter and Ally should have scouts at Euro2008 or one of them should be there,Seeing if we have any chance of bringing some Quality to the squad, Players agents and players will be screaming out to impress potential clubs.

Mate EURO 2008 hasn't started yet. Little point in having scouts there, the stadiums are empty.

There may well be scouts there when it does start however. Don't give up all hope.

No we don't.

(tu)

Fingers crossed

Reading it in a paper isn't exactly proof. Just because papers say so doesn't make it fact.

Other than KM who Rangers have actually said they are interested in and MR where a bid has been rejected, the rest is just paper talk.

Walter just said he wouldn't rule out Kenny Miller,It's the same thing about Davis, and even Luke Moore in Januray!

Rangers don't release statements saying were Interested in a Player,Infact the Only time we said we were interested in a player, is when were trying to sell the last of the Season tickets remember Pizarro.Or we release a Statement like the £700million Stadium Plans when we just sold Hutton.

No Doubt Rangers PR machine will be out towards the last 2 weeks of the Transfer Window,I wonder if SDM will dig out the Stadium plans again <_<

:lol:

It hasn't started....and how the hell do you know there's not going to be a scout there?

Looking at Euro 2008 wont help us anyway. You think if somone impresses during the competition that we'll be the only club that will notice and be the only one in for the player? All the big boys from across Europe will be there watching and you think we can compete? Any player that shows even the smallest amount potential will be out of our price range. It's sad to say it but that's a fact.

Mate EURO 2008 hasn't started yet. Little point in having scouts there, the stadiums are empty.

There may well be scouts there when it does start however. Don't give up all hope.

Euro2008 starts this Saturday we should be there

:lol:

It hasn't started....and how the hell do you know there's not going to be a scout there?

Looking at Euro 2008 wont help us anyway. You think if somone impresses during the competition that we'll be the only club that will notice and be the only one in for the player? All the big boys from across Europe will be there watching and you think we can compete? Any player that shows even the smallest amount potential will be out of our price range. It's sad to say it but that's a fact.

Euro 2008 starts this Saturday, we should be out there

Euro2008 starts this Saturday we should be there

How do you know we're not there? Cos some shitty tabloid said so :(

No we don't.

(tu)

Fingers crossed

Walter just said he wouldn't rule out Kenny Miller,It's the same thing about Davis, and even Luke Moore in Januray!

Rangers don't release statements saying were Interested in a Player,Infact the Only time we said we were interested in a player, is when were trying to sell the last of the Season tickets remember Pizarro.Or we release a Statement like the £700million Stadium Plans when we just sold Hutton.

No Doubt Rangers PR machine will be out towards the last 2 weeks of the Transfer Window,I wonder if SDM will dig out the Stadium plans again <_<

I know that. That's why I said other than KM who rangers have said they are interested in

But out of the others we are linked with we haven't actually said we are interested in any of them. It is just paper talk.

With the exception of Steve Davis but I never included him sine he played for us for half a season and it was obvious we would want him to stay.

Even the apparent Kyle Lafferty bid doesn't hold much water. No one has any idea how much we bid or if we even did bid. It was just in a paper that we had.

you contact both i think, was reading about dundee utd stealing a dundee player and the dundee chairman said dundee had filled in paperwork or something and contacted the club in january. primarily the players agent but im sure you would contact the club