Walter said 2 or 3 Players.

How long has the transfer window been open? Are people on holiday? Is there this small thing called the EURO 2008 happenning? Does anyone one here actually have access to the Rangers' files to find out who is on the wish list, how much money Walter actually has, who we have actually been in contact with etc?

Yeah, when does pre season training start? We play Euro qualifiers before we even kick a ball in the spl. Is it not realistic to have your targets/requirements already set for the season ahead, instead of looking at your calendar and realising it's june, better sign some duds who can't pass, score, create etc etc. Everything Walter does is reactive, he needs to start being proactive, We need the players in quickly so they can get a good pre season and not end up injured.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has the transfer window been open? Are people on holiday? Is there this small thing called the EURO 2008 happenning? Does anyone one here actually have access to the Rangers' files to find out who is on the wish list, how much money Walter actually has, who we have actually been in contact with etc?

Yeah, when does pre season training start? We play Euro qualifiers before we even kick a ball in the spl. Is it not realistic to have your targets/requirements already set for the season ahead, instead of looking at your calendar and realising it's june, better sign some duds who can't pass, score, create etc etc. Everything Walter does is reactive, he needs to start being proactive, We need the players in quickly so they can get a good pre season and not end up injured.

I think the part I've put in bold answers your query to a certain degree, basically we don't know who Rangers are going to be trying for etc, as for the start of the CL qualifiers even if we were after/managed to get a player who is playing at the EUROs they probably won't play in these initial games as they'll be having a rest, also why would you want to commit to a player who is playing in this competition in case they get injured during it and are out for a few months if not longer?

Kenny Miller

Mark Reynolds

Steven Davis.

Wouldn't suprise me if that was our lot. How many times have we heard from Murray " It will be quality in the summer "

The players rought in is nothing to do with Murray.

It's WS who says who he wants, and Bain goes about trying to get them

I did hear this bloke was a fool - so, sometimes rumours are true! :mutley:

I think the part I've put in bold answers your query to a certain degree, basically we don't know who Rangers are going to be trying for etc, as for the start of the CL qualifiers even if we were after/managed to get a player who is playing at the EUROs they probably won't play in these initial games as they'll be having a rest, also why would you want to commit to a player who is playing in this competition in case they get injured during it and are out for a few months if not longer?

Well it's a big assumption that we will be even going for any player participating at the Euro 2008 (looking at our 2 confirmed targets) and personally I would want to make sure that we have the best side out for the final CL qualifier or our season could be tits up before it's started.

To illustrate my point look at the January window, everything was left too late, deadline day trips to Italy etc, if we act the same during the summer our season could be damaged severely come 31 August.

Kenny Miller

Mark Reynolds

Steven Davis.

Wouldn't suprise me if that was our lot. How many times have we heard from Murray " It will be quality in the summer "

The players rought in is nothing to do with Murray.

It's WS who says who he wants, and Bain goes about trying to get them

I did hear this bloke was a fool - so, sometimes rumours are true! :mutley:

dohdohdoh

Oh my.

Go have a wash

I'm not sure if walter's into Davis. I would have expected something to have happened with him by now....

From what I have heard on the news, he is trying to get the price reduced from 3 million. Not sure to how much but I think dropped to 2 million

Presumably we still have the dough that we were going to spend on the Italian striker at the end of january though. Surely Miller and Reynolds are seen as squad players with two or three to go straight into the first team.

Presumably we still have the dough that we were going to spend on the Italian striker at the end of january though. Surely Miller and Reynolds are seen as squad players with two or three to go straight into the first team.

That money has mysteriously gone missing..........

Apparently to rfc_no1_fan we don't buy £2 million players as squad players.

I'm not sure where he got his info from though

TBH if Rangers buy a player for £2million or over he's plays in the 1st team,Not back up!

Squad players are the same as back up players now?

Squad players play as part of a team. They play more often that not, but can be rotated to bring in others.

Back up players. Not part of the managers plans, only used in a emergency

Squad players are the same as back up players now?

Squad players play as part of a team. They play more often that not, but can be rotated to bring in others.

Back up players. Not part of the managers plans, only used in a emergency

Not in my book. The squad are the starting 11. The main starting 11. Everyone after that are backup players if one of the main 11 are injured.

Obvioulsy there are players higher up the pecking order in the back up list, just like the first 11 are the highest of the pecking order.

That is just my point of view of course. Yours is obviously different

That money has mysteriously gone missing..........

I am starting to think that was another smoke/mirrors ploy.

The italian job was a scam.

The player didnt want to leave Italy. We send our management team, doctor and chief execuative to Italy out of the way. Dont conclude the deal then get them stranded in Italy over night so the transfer window elapses.

If you send everyone to Italy, you have to be 100% certain you are going to conclude the deal.

Smith and SDM knew Hutton was leaving, they just held off until late on to avoid a backlash. Then when noone comes in, you can use the "January isnt a good time to target players" and "It happened too late in the window" to convince fans, everything is fine.

SDM knew if he could hold on till the Summer, any budget released did not have to include the Hutton money. Throw in a £700 million stadium redevelopment and everyone is happy.

I'm not sure if walter's into Davis. I would have expected something to have happened with him by now....

Davis is on holiday for a couple of weeks at the moment and nothing will be happening until he returns and gets a chance to speak to his official employers at Fulham.

Kenny Miller

Mark Reynolds

Steven Davis.

Rightly or wrongly Ive promised myself I wont be back and throwing money down a blackhole until we spend some real money on some players of real quality.

Im sick of being lied to.

If I was a glory hunter I would have chucked it years ago.

Webster is the 1st signing <cr>

Miller is on his way <_<

I wonder who is going to be number 3? :craphead:

steven pressley , he played for WS , and has the experience required for the boss , scotland international and celtic reject ,

Webster is the 1st signing <cr>

Miller is on his way <_<

I wonder who is going to be number 3? :craphead:

steven pressley , he played for WS , and has the experience required for the boss , scotland international and celtic reject ,

John Hartson?

Chris Sutton?

Simon Donnely?

I fear the worst..But think it Will be Davis, But Smith will be generous and Give us 2 more signings being, Jamie Langfield and Mark Reynolds, Replacements for Carlos and Shagger. There will also be a dramatic deadline day signing, When we realy get the big signing 3 minutes before the deadline. After weeks of discussion, Daily decides not to sign, but has a last minute change of heart.