NARSA convention Vegas

Saudibear

We are having a ball. I have ahd a drink with gersgirl and a few others that post on here. Messer's Durrant, Stein, Johnston etc have joined in with the festivities and last nights sash bash was a great success. Today we voted in las Vegas for the 2010 convention so start saving up. Need to get the good gear on now for the banquet.

Wee Durrant's team won the golf (Davie Cooper memorial tournament)and is giving me and the rest of our group pelters but I'll get him back tomorrow when we play one on one.

Wee Durrant's team won the golf (Davie Cooper memorial tournament)and is giving me and the rest of our group pelters but I'll get him back tomorrow when we play one on one.

does the players mix okay with all you fans.

does the players mix okay with all you fans.

I've been friendly with Ian for a few years now and have a drink with him away from the the likes of conventions but can honestly say that he and the others go out of there way to be part of the party. Not knowing you personally but seeing your posts I would think that you would really enjoy the conventions.

Enjoy, bears, I wish I was with you.

My pal Del summed it up in Hannover last year.

I said 'Yer mad! a 12 hour round trip to see Rangers play Germany's equivalent of Pollock (FC Lippstadt).

He just said 'There's nothing like being with the bears'.

I hope they did not spend all the Transfer Kitty on the trip!

Glad you are all having a blast.

Where is it next year?

Ok, going to try this again.... Closed another screen and it deleted the message I was typing here also, grrrrr.

Just in from the airport (after having to detour to Thunder Bay because of tornados here in London, so home 3 hours later than meant to be),

What a BRILLIANT weekend that was, I'm not even sure where to start. It was great meeting up with Saudibear and Northern Blue Nose...you sober up yet man? LMAO Met LOADS of new friends as well as getting to spend time with ma old pals also. The amazing thing about these conventions is that there are folk from everywhere in attendance. There are large numbers that were over from Scotland, all over North America from the Yukon to Florida, my pal Neil was there from Azerbaijan, they literally come from everywhere for this convention. This was Andy Cameron's first convention, and he stood up at the AGM yesterday and said he plans to not miss another one again, that it has amazed him at how incredible it is. The multiple sash bashes that took place were great...especially the ones in the wee hours of the mornings (2am-3ish am) while the banquet staff were trying to give the hint to leave lol. The time you get to spend together with everyone is priceless and amazing...I burst into tears today trying to say my goodbyes to all my pals, gave them all a good laff lol.

I have pics that I will post when I get them downloaded, am hopin and prayin the pics from the first two days didnt somehow get deleted though :( Still plenty from last nite though, have a great one of Saudi Bear, myself and Northern Blue Nose together.

The Rangers contingent (Stein, Johnstone and Durrant) were amazing as always, they mix with and smile wide for every picture everyone asks to have taken with them. Not once do they complain...well "Bud" might have lolol, just joking there lol They are incredible. They had to have writers cramp after all the autographs they signed last nite too. Can't say enough for the job they do when they come over. I think Durrant might have a new career as a horse jockey if football ever fails him, he'll be able to race Stein lmao...what u think Saudi and Northern?

Is incredible that they will bring the two trophies over for us to all get our photies taken with too, was super excited about that. Nice wee surprise to give us yesterday morning.

Next year's convention...as I have mentioned before lol...is in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The hotel is the Sheraton on the Falls and it is already booking up, folk were already booking from the hotel last nite. From the number of enquiries this one is expected to be a sell out and they are bringing the Govan Proddy Boys flute band over again for this one. They were a HUGE hit last year in Naples. If you plan on going do NOT wait to book your hotel or convention tickets, they are all going to go fast.

Sorry I missed sayin goodbye at the pub this morning Saudi, I think it was you leaving and walking up the street just when I was arriving. Keep that smile on big man, was really great meeting you.

Anywho, pics to follow, I'm sure there is stuff I'm not remembering to tell about...or just plain dont remember lol

The Las Vegas convention is a must do.This auld guy has had the pleasure of attending 2 conventions there,and the place is buzzing.The troops will take over a bar in the hotel and turn it into a bluenoses dream spot.

Lol Saudibear, which convention were you at in Vegas lolol...harkening back to other times? lol Or are u a forward thinker and looking to 2010? lol

Hi gersgirl. I am just coming down now. I had to fly back to Scotland rather than Florida as I have a wedding in Cumbernauld this weekend (another weekend on the batter) I'll be glad to get back to work in Saudi to dry out.

As for your question I've been to the last 10 conventions 2 of which were in Vegas and don't ever plan missing another. I've got to book 5 rooms for Niagra this week for our crowd. (have you any influence with Sheraton Niagra) to get us the best rooms.

Anyway a great time had by all. Enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing your photos (NO blackmail please).

Everyone else should start saving now for next year Govan Proddy boys will be in attendance.

Lol Saudibear, which convention were you at in Vegas lolol...harkening back to other times? lol Or are u a forward thinker and looking to 2010? lol

Hi gersgirl. I am just coming down now. I had to fly back to Scotland rather than Florida as I have a wedding in Cumbernauld this weekend (another weekend on the batter) I'll be glad to get back to work in Saudi to dry out.

As for your question I've been to the last 10 conventions 2 of which were in Vegas and don't ever plan missing another. I've got to book 5 rooms for Niagra this week for our crowd. (have you any influence with Sheraton Niagra) to get us the best rooms.

Anyway a great time had by all. Enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing your photos (NO blackmail please).

Everyone else should start saving now for next year Govan Proddy boys will be in attendance.

I was looking at the rooms available, cant believe someone has already gone in and booked all the suites already...apparently someone booked 10 of them from the convention... I've booked 2 rooms for myself, go for the city view rooms if you dont care about the view, they are looking over clifton hill and such but are slightly bigger rooms. Give me a shout in pm or email regarding the rooms if you like.

What an amazing weekend!!! Give us a shout if you are ever in Ontario Saudi, we'd love you to stop into the Scots Corner for a bevvie with us.