BP:

There were 19 board members before the following people resigned:

Malcolm McNiven (Chairman)

Scott McMillan (Vice-Chair)

Stewart Franklin (Webmaster)

Andy McGowan (Marketing)

Derek Howie (Secretary/Gersave Admin)

Callum Renton (Treasurer)

That obviously leaves 13 people with perhaps a few more to be voted onto the board - depending the number of applications received in April (I believe there were two).

Of course more people may choose to resign from those 13-15 remaining board members.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BP:

There were 19 board members before the following people resigned:

Malcolm McNiven (Chairman)

Scott McMillan (Vice-Chair)

Stewart Franklin (Webmaster)

Andy McGowan (Marketing)

Derek Howie (Secretary/Gersave Admin)

Callum Renton (Treasurer)

That obviously leaves 13 people with perhaps a few more to be voted onto the board - depending the number of applications received in April (I believe there were two).

Of course more people may choose to resign from those 13-15 remaining board members.

I suppose, then, that the pertinent question is: who are fulfilling these vacated roles in the meantime?

I suppose, then, that the pertinent question is: who are fulfilling these vacated roles in the meantime?

Derek Howie (now resigned) and Stephen Smith were filling temporary lead officer roles.

A Glasgow company has appeared to have taken over the running of the site (ad on site suggests this).

The other roles, I've no idea. I doubt they'll be allocated until tonight's meeting where upon an announcement will be made to the members - probably via the website.

Derek Howie (now resigned) and Stephen Smith were filling temporary lead officer roles.

A Glasgow company has appeared to have taken over the running of the site (ad on site suggests this).

The other roles, I've no idea. I doubt they'll be allocated until tonight's meeting where upon an announcement will be made to the members - probably via the website.

When we get this announcement, I think we'll be able to deduce a bit more about what was going on behind the scenes. There's no point organising a coup unless you take over the positions of the people you oust! Hopefully there will be a detailed announcement, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks Frankie (tu)

Pretty ridiculous statement which has made Mr Edgar and subsequently the RST more of a laughing stock amongst the Rangers support never mind others. Perhaps suggesting that the RST membership would like the SFA to reconsider playing replays would have been more beneficial. Where I agree with boycotting SPL games he may have been better making a generalised statement rather than picking out individual teams.

Also rather than giving interviews at the moment perhaps the Trust Board would be better diverting their energies towards informing their membership of whats going on within the organisation. Communication with the rank and file has never been their forte though.

Communication with the rank and file has never been their forte though.

An issue that had been readily admitted recently.

As a result of that feedback weekly emails had been set up and distributed by myself and a newly designed 'Blue Spirit' quarterly newsletter had been sent out with the April renewal package (a sub-committee was formed for that).

Further to that myself (as the Blue Spirit designer) and the marketing expert (Andy McGowan) were in the process of exploring more ways we could improve communication. More Open Days, the RST Shop, stalls outside the Main Stand and other plans were in the pipeline.

The regular emails appear to have stopped since I left although once the remaining board task people, that service and the other initiatives should be operational again.

Communication with the rank and file has never been their forte though.

An issue that had been readily admitted recently.

As a result of that feedback weekly emails had been set up and distributed by myself and a newly designed 'Blue Spirit' quarterly newsletter had been sent out with the April renewal package (a sub-committee was formed for that).

Further to that myself (as the Blue Spirit designer) and the marketing expert (Andy McGowan) were in the process of exploring more ways we could improve communication. More Open Days, the RST Shop, stalls outside the Main Stand and other plans were in the pipeline.

The regular emails appear to have stopped since I left although once the remaining board task people, that service and the other initiatives should be operational again.

Having let my membership lapse due to the lack of communication I am pleased to hear that suggestions on improving communication were taken on board. Having been a member I am not anti-Trust but know they still have an image problem among the general support. Idiotic statements by Board members do nothing to alleviate that. Hopefully they can focus on that and start talking in a fashion that will reflect the feelings of the majority of the fans.