RST: Rangers Could Boycott National Team

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may also be a case of the RST trying to shift the focus from the recent resignations, which still have not been explained, to something else. They clearly have not gone through a full thought process before deciding to go public. The proposals are childish and they know that there is absolutely no possibility of the club or fans supporting any of them.

I thin this is just a way of deflecting the focus away from the resignations. The RST is becoming a laughing stick amongst, not only other club's supporters, but more importantly our own. They Board must sit down and discuss ways of winning back the hearts and minds of many people who have lost faith in the organisation over the last couple of months. I myself am beginning to question the aims of the Trust even though i have been a staunch supporter over the last year or so.

This may also be a case of the RST trying to shift the focus from the recent resignations, which still have not been explained, to something else. They clearly have not gone through a full thought process before deciding to go public. The proposals are childish and they know that there is absolutely no possibility of the club or fans supporting any of them.

I thin this is just a way of deflecting the focus away from the resignations. The RST is becoming a laughing stick amongst, not only other club's supporters, but more importantly our own. They Board must sit down and discuss ways of winning back the hearts and minds of many people who have lost faith in the organisation over the last couple of months. I myself am beginning to question the aims of the Trust even though i have been a staunch supporter over the last year or so.

Agree with the above (tu) .

I'm not a Trust member (or, for the record, a Follow Follow poster) but I was still surprised at the news of three office holders resigning without any notice or explaination. Those RST members -and the wider Rangers public- are surely owed some sort of statement.

The whole purpose of RST is to represent the views of ordinary fans. Rather than showy stunts like this over-publicized consultation on pointless boycotts, surely RST ought to be holding David Murray to account as to where Rangers FC are heading to?

Seeing this stupid idea makes me think the wrong people may have left.

Seeing this stupid idea makes me think the wrong people may have left.

Agreed. (tu)

Guest Andypendek

Alright, I'll say it.

To the board members who resigned:

You helped start the RST, you helped it grow. I'm not into organisations but this is the only one that offers the rank and file member a voice. There maybe were mistakes before, but nothing like this ridiculous statement. I urge you all to return to the RST and sort out whatever it was that was wrong - amicably if possible, nastily if necessary. You are very obviously needed.

What a load of pish Great idea boycott away games and hit other teams in the pocket, so we have a league full of Gretna's. stop our players playing for Scotland so they all just fucking leave so they play for their country. have the whole world laugh at us because the people who run our club and some supporters are like kids, ie: if you take mine i'll take yours kind of attitude my 6 year old say's it everyday.

last season has happened end of story, we should look after ourselves before trying to blame everyone else for our own doing's and get on with next season.

It is starting to get very embarrassing reading about our club and listening to other supporters babble on about absolute nonsense.

people have always said do not lower ourselves to that of the timmy's let them make a fool of themselves they guys and girls i believe will be talking about us and laughing at some of our support. :angry2:

No no, i didn't miss your point.

I just asked a question.

A question you obiously can't or won't answer.

I do wonder why?

I did answrr your question. I said "I can't remember what Dundee United said"!!

Do you even read my posts?

Biggest load of mince I have ever heard. If we should be having a go at anyone it is the SPL. Gordon Smith and the SFA are the ones who tried to help so why should anyone have a go at them.

With regards to it not being the RST stance. That is another load of mince. Why would them comment in public on something their members are suggesting without first of all discussing as a Committee? trying to be clever!!!

The last two statements from the RST have been embarrassing. We have a supporters group telling the manager whom he should and shouldn’t sign and telling Rangers players they shouldn’t represent their country. They sound like the paranoid C#ltic fans of the early nineties

If I was a tabloid journalist I would be loving it. Want a story that will embarrass Rangers, simple just phone the RST.

There are plenty of things the could be doing to highlight the miss management of Rangers by Murray but seem more interested in conspiracy theories and ex-Celtic players

2 further resignations announced today:

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rs...14&Itemid=1

In the last few weeks we've seen the following 6 key people resign (with only one reason for one person given by the board):

Chairman

Vice-Chairman

Webmaster

Marketing/RST Shop

Secretary/GerSave Admin

Treasurer/Accountant

:(

2 further resignations announced today:

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rs...14&Itemid=1

In the last few weeks we've seen the following 6 key people resign (with only one reason for one person given by the board):

Chairman

Vice-Chairman

Webmaster

Marketing/RST Shop

Secretary/GerSave Admin

Treasurer/Accountant

:(

Would be great to know exactly what is going on Frankie. I understand your reasons for not going public, but I think the remaining committee members at the Trust should really be letting the members know what is happening.

I joined a few months ago, but if my membership renewal was due right now, I certainly wouldn't be renewing. If we haven't had an explanation from the committee as to what the problems are, I won't be renewing next year either. Also, they really should stop making these ridiculous statements to the press. I have supported most of them, and could almost understand the Kenny Miller statement, but this last one is ludicrous. It strikes me as a committee who are losing support kicking and stamping their feet. It's a very childish and unprofessional way to run an organisation, in my opinion.

I believe the Trust board meet tonight for their monthly board meeting...

As such, perhaps they will release more information regarding the resignations over the next day or two.

Then people can make up their own minds whether or not the RST still tallies with what they expect the organisation to achieve via genuine representation in terms of it's primary aims.

I believe the Trust board meet tonight for their monthly board meeting...

As such, perhaps they will release more information regarding the resignations over the next day or two.

Then people can make up their own minds whether or not the RST still tallies with what they expect the organisation to achieve via genuine representation in terms of it's primary aims.

Do you really think this will happen? I certainly hope so.

your topic was a bit of a rant and indulged in conspiracy theories.

the cis cup should be discarded entirely, RFC should decline to defend it.

as far as boycotting dufc that is just ludicrous.

craig levin and any other manager should be allowed to vent thier anger.

i personally found craig levin's display of anger very refreshing it displayed

passion and commitment and was one of the highlights of the season.

To be honest, I think if there were going to do it before now, then they would have done so.

I think it's disgraceful that the issues have not been communicated to the members so far. Considering the key people that have left a SGM should have been arranged to debate the recent happenings.

To be honest, I think if there were going to do it before now, then they would have done so.

I think it's disgraceful that the issues have not been communicated to the members so far. Considering the key people that have left a SGM should have been arranged to debate the recent happenings.

Do you think some of those that have left will eventually explain what has happened (assuming the remaining board do not)?

Do you think some of those that have left will eventually explain what has happened (assuming the remaining board do not)?

Perhaps. There is an AGM later in the year where the issues may be made public for the members to debate.

I really don't believe we will ever hear the full story from within the new board of the Trust. In my experience, committees are effectively run by Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, with a few other key people around them (holding positions dependent on the function of the organisation). It would seem that you have listed all these people in your above post. From this list, which I just took from the RST site, can you tell us who is left, and who has joined since the recent resignations?

Cameron Bell

Mark Dingwall

Gordon Dinnie - RSC Liaison Officer

John Donald

David Edgar - Media Spokesperson

John Gilligan

Derek Howie - Secretary / GerSave Liaison Officer

Simon Leslie

Fraser Martin - ORSA Liaison Officer

John MacMillan

Andy McGowan

Joanne Percival - Membership Secretary

Callum Renton - Treasurer

Stephen Smith - Media Spokesperson

Christine Sommerville

David Tweed - NARSA Liaison Officer

What worries me is the motivation behind the resignations. It smacks of a coup, with people who want to take over forcing out the current committee. I can't see where they get the power to do that though, unless they have the backing of the members. I have seen no evidence of that backing, and I have certainly never been asked my opinion!

I suppose, 6 out of 16 resigning, do the other 10 want to take the Trust in a different direction, so vote in a manner which forces these resignations? Forgive me, I am not trying to force your hand, you have made it clear you don't want to disclose your reasons, I am just trying to make some sense of it.

This is worrying times for Trust members, I may even resign myself! ;)