Walter expecting Dailly/Weir to sign new deals and on Davis

Boab

Dailly and Weir to Net New Deals

WALTER Smith expects defender Davie Weir and Christian Dailly to sign new deals with Rangers when they return for pre season training.

The Rangers boss allowed the two players some extra recovery time over the summer break after a busy season for both.

Weir played 68 matches for club and country and Dailly's season was extended when he travelled to the Czech Republic with the national team in May.

But Smith expects both to complete talks on new contracts when they return to Murray Park to join the rest of the squad for pre season training.

He said: "The older boys have a little bit of extra dispensation on when to return from the close season.

"Because of that we haven't had a chance to sit down and do things properly yet so Davie Weir and Christian Dailly will get that next week when they return to training."

Smith also revealed that talks are ongoing with Fulham as he tries to secure the signing of Northern Ireland midfielder Steven Davis.

The 23-year-old enjoyed a successful six month loan spell at Ibrox last season and Smith admits he would like to make the deal permanent.

He added: "We have been in discussions with Fulham and that's where the situation rests at the present moment.

"We have expressed an interest in taking Steven and hopefully there will be ongoing talks within the next few weeks."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1337116,00.html

Fuckin DAILLY.............AAARRGGGHHH

Weir too is too slow now which was noticable at the end of the season but would be good as a coach.

If we pay anymore than £2.5m for Davis we've been robbed.

I think he slowed down to playing too many games. Sadly, injuries robbed us of Webster, who could have taken over.

As long as they are back ups great.

I believe that Weir will start all the same. That worries me.

Davis is fine, but I agree with Gaffbear he is only worth 2.5m maybe 3m. Even still that only leaves the midfield the same as last year and it was awful then. We need some real class in there. Hopefully Furman and Fleck will get a chance too.

I am of the opinion that WS knows all this so we need to be patient.

Would be decent deals. How much they would play would depend to a fair extent on the fitness of Webster. I doubt if anyone will be betting on him having a largely injury-free season but you never know. Seems we're also trying to sign a young CB (e.g. Reynolds or Suchy) but he might not be a first choice right away.

Weir possibly slow but he's legend and he's needed to be honoured. Let look this deal as a contribution of respect for Weir. But Rangesr must search other player in the center of defence.