Hows this for a Pre-Season Tour in Nth America 1954!

May 16 v Chelsea 1-0

19 v Hamilton and District All-Stars 6-0

22 v Ontario All-Stars 4-1

24 v British Columbia Mainland All-Stars 9-0

26 v Victoria 7-0

29 v Vancouver All Stars 3-0

June 02 v Manitoba All-Stars 5-0

05 v Chelsea (played Toronto, Ontario) 1-4

06 v Chelsea (played New York) 0-0

Won 7 Drew 1 Lost 1 :sherlock:

well, the All Star teams would seem to have been made up of players from those provinces, rather than being actual clubs. You could still try to put that sort of side together to play touring sides - we've done that recently with rugby.

Nowadays, a touring side wanting to get a pre-season friendly out here would probably be looking at playing Toronto FC and the Vancouver Whitecaps.

well, the All Star teams would seem to have been made up of players from those provinces, rather than being actual clubs. You could still try to put that sort of side together to play touring sides - we've done that recently with rugby.

Nowadays, a touring side wanting to get a pre-season friendly out here would probably be looking at playing Toronto FC and the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Well whoever these teams were made up of they must have took it out of the Gers cause we won nothing the season that followed which was Scot Symon's first season in charge incidently ! :sherlock:

This tour was the transition between Bill Struth and Scot Symon so it must have been quite a strange time for Rangers. I think it was May 1st (either that or last day in April) that Mr Struth retired and by mid May the papers were hinting that Symon was the man to take over. When Mr Struth did retire, he was labelled as a manager without peer and quite rightly so - "the greatest manager in football history" one wrote, from what I recall. It's tragic that so many people, including Rangers fans, don't recognise exactly what he did for our club.

This tour was the transition between Bill Struth and Scot Symon so it must have been quite a strange time for Rangers. I think it was May 1st (either that or last day in April) that Mr Struth retired and by mid May the papers were hinting that Symon was the man to take over. When Mr Struth did retire, he was labelled as a manager without peer and quite rightly so - "the greatest manager in football history" one wrote, from what I recall. It's tragic that so many people, including Rangers fans, don't recognise exactly what he did for our club.

A few years ago at the AGM,the then chairman,John McLelland,didn't know the great man was buried in Craigton Cemetry.

A few years ago at the AGM,the then chairman,John McLelland,didn't know the great man was buried in Craigton Cemetry.

Way, way worse than that, he didn't know who Bill Struth was!

The gent that asked the question was very clever because he made a clear reference to Mr Struth but not by name. Very few people on the stage knew who the reference was to, I think the chairman hesitantly mentioned "former players" to a disgusted audience, and moved on.

I have to be completely honest and say that a couple of years before that, plenty of our supporters didn't know of Mr Struth and what he did for Rangers. Plenty still don't know about William Wilton and why he is arguably the most important man since the founders!

The gent that asked the question was very clever because he made a clear reference to Mr Struth but not by name. Very few people on the stage knew who the reference was to, I think the chairman hesitantly mentioned "former players" to a disgusted audience, and moved on.

I have to be completely honest and say that a couple of years before that, plenty of our supporters didn't know of Mr Struth and what he did for Rangers. Plenty still don't know about William Wilton and why he is arguably the most important man since the founders!

Yer right they don't know about either of them, they should start to learn :

After the 100% league record of season 1898/99, the Match Secretary William Wilton became Rangers’ first ever manager and his dedication ensured the club’s status in society in the early part of the 20th century. This commitment to Rangers was only surpassed when, after Wilton’s tragic death in 1920, the trainer of six years, William Struth, was appointed as manager.

It was under Struth’s guidance that Rangers would embark on an unparalleled period of dominance with almost unbroken success over 34 years – something unmatched in football on a global scale. Struth’s Rangers rose to a prominence in society that matched that of the Church of Scotland and along with this stature came a river of silverware and players such as Alan Morton, Bob McPhail, Davie Meiklejohn, Dougie Gray, George Young, Willie Waddell and Jock Shaw – all legends of the Scottish game.

:sherlock:

I totally agree mate all i ever seem to hear from alot of younger generation bears about Mr Struth is the We welcome the chase speech and nothing other than that .