Empire total war!

trueblue1872

Hopefully get it amorrow. Demo was a bit slow and pish tbh. Loved the sea battles but i really don't like using bloody guns. I never used cannons and stuff on medieval because i hated them.

I tried to play the demo again for the 2nd time yesterday.

I can't play these kind of games anymore. Too many units to mess around with and they take ages to respond to orders, even when using the speed buttons. It's just frustrating.

The only annoying thing i have found is that you must have a line of two formation for everyone to fire at once.

Erm, duh ?

In real life this was the same, first line got on one knee so they and the line behind them could fire, after they fired the 3d line behind them moved forward and took their position. The good soldiers could reload so fast that by the time their comrades had fired they had reloaded and could take the position again. This caused an almost constant barrage of gunfire.

Stardog: This game doesn't move any slower than the previous ones...

it's easy to stop cavalry btw, use volley fire (Meaning you have to research Line Fire), keep their Fire at Will turned off till the last second, if you calculate the cavalry is about twenty yards away from your troops you let loose :)

Add Ring Bayonets to that and cavalry is toast.

I only use cavalry to deal with those Indian archers, they are too fast for my normal infantry.

Also, some linemen have fortifications they can build, both trenches to protest them from cannons or barricades to protect them from horses.

This is useful for directing cavalry into the line of fire from your infantry.

• 4 weeks later...