No Mendes last two games and we only manage one goal

It is absolutely no coincidence. Mendes is the player who links everything from defence to attack, our lynchpin. He has the quality to make those killer passes which has been lacking in his absence and thus we are creating less chances as a result.

With Ferguson and Edu we have two central midfielders sitting maybe ten yards infront of the defence for most of the game. Now you couple that with the fact that we have another two central players in the wide positions and you have a situation where the strikers are going to recieve minimum service and support. That is what happened last night.

The difference in having Mendes there is not only the quality of service he provides the strikers with but he also pushes our entire midfield forward by involving them in the play higher up the park. We have missed him dearly in the past two games and i shudder to think what our chances would be against Celtic if he wasn't back in time.

It is absolutely no coincidence. Mendes is the player who links everything from defence to attack, our lynchpin. He has the quality to make those killer passes which has been lacking in his absence and thus we are creating less chances as a result.

With Ferguson and Edu we have two central midfielders sitting maybe ten yards infront of the defence for most of the game. Now you couple that with the fact that we have another two central players in the wide positions and you have a situation where the strikers are going to recieve minimum service and support. That is what happened last night.

The difference in having Mendes there is not only the quality of service he provides the strikers with but he also pushes our entire midfield forward by involving them in the play higher up the park. We have missed him dearly in the past two games and i shudder to think what our chances would be against Celtic if he wasn't back in time.

You can see it and so can I...why cant our bluddy manager

Due to the fact we have no pace or width, it all come from through the middle and Mendes is the one who provides the passes.

So no I don't see it as a coincidence.

very good analysis Blue.....terrifying how big an impact this has had.....Hearts will be smelling blood I just hope Mendes and Nacho are back and fully fit by the time that game comes up after the cup ones