Boyd Doubters

Davy

Great scoring record, and a good hatrick today..........but what else does he ever do>

Boyd isn't half the striker Super Ally was and never will be.....unless he learns that football is a team game. 2 penalties and a nod-in doesn't make him a good player overnight. Let's hope he improves a lot or WS WILL replace him! Buffel is twice the player but only half the goalscorer.

Great scoring record, and a good hatrick today..........but what else does he ever do>

Boyd isn't half the striker Super Ally was and never will be.....unless he learns that football is a team game. 2 penalties and a nod-in doesn't make him a good player overnight. Let's hope he improves a lot or WS WILL replace him! Buffel is twice the player but only half the goalscorer.

So who would you rather have, Boyd or Buffel ?

Theres only one winner for me.

The "nod-in" he scored was a good run he made behind his marker.

No one said he would become a good player over-night, he isn't a good player, he's an exellent goalscorer.

Like I said, he scored 30-odd goals but some people still aren't happy.

I think if he changed his game to become this "Team player" he would be less effective in front of goal.

Let him continue to do what he's doing, because he does it very well.

No one said he would become a good player over-night, he isn't a good player, he's an exellent goalscorer.

I think if he changed his game to become this "Team player" he would be less effective in front of goal.

As I posted elsewhere, I missed today's game cause the pub over here left us all standing outside in -22 weather and we didn't get in to watch. So, I can't comment on his play today.

The whole "team player" concept is a hard one to define so I don't get caught up on that. But I would say that for such a tall lad, he gets pushed off the ball pretty easily and when going up for a long pass forward, he often concedes free kicks for backing into his marker.

Super Ally was an out and out goalscorer and in some seasons, Boyd is close to his numbers. But Ally had more tricks up his sleeve than Boyd and for all the papers said he just stood in the penalty area, he made defences work hard.

As I posted elsewhere, I missed today's game cause the pub over here left us all standing outside in -22 weather and we didn't get in to watch. So, I can't comment on his play today.

The whole "team player" concept is a hard one to define so I don't get caught up on that. But I would say that for such a tall lad, he gets pushed off the ball pretty easily and when going up for a long pass forward, he often concedes free kicks for backing into his marker.

Super Ally was an out and out goalscorer and in some seasons, Boyd is close to his numbers. But Ally had more tricks up his sleeve than Boyd and for all the papers said he just stood in the penalty area, he made defences work hard.

I agree CG.....all you missed today, apart from his goals, was a complete lack of effort. Until he was chasing his hattrick of course! His failure to chase doesn't do him any credit whatsoever. But none of us can argue that he is scoring goals so I'll let him off for now! (tu)

Just got in from work and read the game report. I think I should change my user name to boomershat-trick again :lol: attaboy. I know he is lazy in the eyes of some supporters but no one can doubt his poaching skill. That cant be taught the rest of his game can. He'll get better. He does have the team spirit, you stick the ball up my ass and I'll stick it in the net, quite a few times.

come on the boys in blue partay partay

Just got in from work and read the game report. I think I should change my user name to boomershat-trick again :lol: attaboy. I know he is lazy in the eyes of some supporters but no one can doubt his poaching skill. That cant be taught the rest of his game can. He'll get better. He does have the team spirit, you stick the ball up my ass and I'll stick it in the net, quite a few times.

That's the spirit mate! WATP! partay

Good post.

You could have a player who could hold it up but not get into the positions that Boyd does, like a Sutton for example. You can't teach them to get into those positions, when they are playing they go they're. It's instinctive. But we have a player who knows where to make these runs and has a real eye for goal, aswell as he's still young and can learn how to add the team-play to his game.