Tired and Livid

OzGers

After getting up at 2am to watch that dross that seems to pass as football at rangers these days, i wanted an opportunity to share my feelings because if i dont i am going to explode...

Yesterdays performance was an insipid display that sums up rangers at present. Other than Barry, whom i thought showed a rekindling of passion befitting of his stature, the players were toothless and devoid of ideas...

In attack Miller offered absolutely nothing, losing the ball on countless occasions to coincide with an inability to link up with anyone from midfield...Lafferty showed glimpses through the middle but again Smith used him out wide to little or no result. GET IT STRAIGHT, HE IS NOT A WINGER, and this game just cemented the penetrating ability of a good winger with McGeady's display for the unwashed. Boyd did not show the desire i expected him to given his midweek rammy, and novo, for all his heart played like a child on ice skates for the first time!

In midfield, Fergie showed heart and desire but often resembled a headless chicken and was severely disabled by the lack of support by those around him. Mendes, by far had his worst game in a gers shirt and was non existent for large parts of the game..Davis was consistent but offered no width and therefore no attacking balls into the box. As for McCulloch, and Dailly, i am at a loss as to how they both made the teamsheet. McCulloch is only just back from injury and just couldnt keep Brown quiet whilst Dailly, arghh the distain i have for his selection is blood boiling i think we can all agree.

At the back, again Whittaker was a picture of inconsistency, occasionally showing flashes only to top it off by kicking the ball out of play or getting skinned and giving away needless free kicks...Papac, as usual, never travelled past the half way line for fear of nosebleeds, and for all their efforts, weir and broadfoot just looked too slow and indecisive in the air...

Lastly, Greegs pulled off a few decent saves but he really needs to rotate his kicking because his constant punting to Lafferty was predictable at best.

As for Smith and co, well i am of the belief that they got it all wrong..On a day where i felt we needed to attack from the outset and assert our authority, he reigned under a policy of fear and operated the dreaded 4-5-1 system, without the one key ingredient...width... We needed players to run at their defenders, get balls into the box and put the fragile celtic defence under scrutiny but our rigid schoolboy system did nothing other than invite celtic to attack at every opportunity.

Make no mistake, this is a huge confidence blow to the boys...in our last 3 games against the manks, we have not scored a single goal and i for one am fed up. Only the championship will do now, because i am afraid that if we dont, celtic will again benefit from automatic champions league, strengthening their squad even further while we look to sell up shop and feed off the scraps of bosmans for the next few years...i maybe a little melodramatic but i just do not want to see the gap open even wider because this is our club and as it has been put before, winning the league is the minimum that should be expected of a club as great as ours..

Phew, glad its out...

After getting up at 2am to watch that dross that seems to pass as football at rangers these days, i wanted an opportunity to share my feelings because if i dont i am going to explode...

Yesterdays performance was an insipid display that sums up rangers at present. Other than Barry, whom i thought showed a rekindling of passion befitting of his stature, the players were toothless and devoid of ideas...

In attack Miller offered absolutely nothing, losing the ball on countless occasions to coincide with an inability to link up with anyone from midfield...Lafferty showed glimpses through the middle but again Smith used him out wide to little or no result. GET IT STRAIGHT, HE IS NOT A WINGER, and this game just cemented the penetrating ability of a good winger with McGeady's display for the unwashed. Boyd did not show the desire i expected him to given his midweek rammy, and novo, for all his heart played like a child on ice skates for the first time!

In midfield, Fergie showed heart and desire but often resembled a headless chicken and was severely disabled by the lack of support by those around him. Mendes, by far had his worst game in a gers shirt and was non existent for large parts of the game..Davis was consistent but offered no width and therefore no attacking balls into the box. As for McCulloch, and Dailly, i am at a loss as to how they both made the teamsheet. McCulloch is only just back from injury and just couldnt keep Brown quiet whilst Dailly, arghh the distain i have for his selection is blood boiling i think we can all agree.

At the back, again Whittaker was a picture of inconsistency, occasionally showing flashes only to top it off by kicking the ball out of play or getting skinned and giving away needless free kicks...Papac, as usual, never travelled past the half way line for fear of nosebleeds, and for all their efforts, weir and broadfoot just looked too slow and indecisive in the air...

Lastly, Greegs pulled off a few decent saves but he really needs to rotate his kicking because his constant punting to Lafferty was predictable at best.

As for Smith and co, well i am of the belief that they got it all wrong..On a day where i felt we needed to attack from the outset and assert our authority, he reigned under a policy of fear and operated the dreaded 4-5-1 system, without the one key ingredient...width... We needed players to run at their defenders, get balls into the box and put the fragile celtic defence under scrutiny but our rigid schoolboy system did nothing other than invite celtic to attack at every opportunity.

Make no mistake, this is a huge confidence blow to the boys...in our last 3 games against the manks, we have not scored a single goal and i for one am fed up. Only the championship will do now, because i am afraid that if we dont, celtic will again benefit from automatic champions league, strengthening their squad even further while we look to sell up shop and feed off the scraps of bosmans for the next few years...i maybe a little melodramatic but i just do not want to see the gap open even wider because this is our club and as it has been put before, winning the league is the minimum that should be expected of a club as great as ours..

Phew, glad its out...

couple of things mate

fergie is still not playing well, i know he moaned like fuck yesterday but did he actually create any attack of note?

lafferty had the best game ive seen in a while out left, he had hinkel fucked and im sure hinkel would have either been subbed or sent off if lafferty was kept out there to terrorise him more in the 2nd half

whittaker showed what he's capable of, we just need to give him more time to get back to match fitness

papac wasnt that bad, mind it was him that layed off a whittaker cross inside the celtic box for davis to balloon over the bar

your right about everything else though