Where has it all gone

minstral

At one time we tried to win every game and were never scared of any other team.

Were proud of our traditions and the players were proud to wear the jerseys.

At one time our club respected our fans and were determined to succeed.

we now have a chairman, manager, and assistant manager, who are to friendly with our biggest rivals.

Aso mediocre players earning big money.

No passion , no width, no entertainment, and boring to watch.

Pride tradition and standing seem to count for nothing.

When as a young boy looking at my father his eyes filled with tears, and his love of our club.

We have went from being the biggest club in Britain to being the second club in Glasgow.

2 titles in a decade.

Our support has been taken over by some fans who will accept second best and do as they are told,

Also to be a rangers supporter in scotland you have to be prepared to be villified because we sing rule brittania or god save the queen.

The Club is now a shell of a club that i have grown up with and love.

we now have a chairman, manager, and assistant manager, who are to friendly with our biggest rivals.

When as a young boy looking at my father his eyes filled with tears, and his love of our club.

We have went from being the biggest club in Britain to being the second club in Glasgow.

2 titles in a decade.

Our support has been taken over by some fans who will accept second best and do as they are told,

Also to be a rangers supporter in scotland you have to be prepared to be villified because we sing rule brittania or god save the queen.

Well said mate, indeed poor times. I cannot remember previous Managers being so cautious approaching these Games, Smith sets his stall out not to loose Games these days & as such no flair :anguish:

2 titles in a decade.

Bang on Min..

I remember sitting on my Dads shoulders watching us beat Motherwell with 80,000 at Ibrox scarfs in the air waving Union flags,Saltires and Ulster flags.

We shouted about our club and we stood shoulder to shoulder with our brothers being persecuted by Irish Republican tyranny.

We hated the IRA and Republican Celtic football club.

We stood and sang in the ground,on the buses and in the supporters clubs with the players..

An example...........i was 11 years old and i ran head first into the barrier in the east enclosure and knocked myself out..waking up a while later in the first aid room a certain John Greig was standing over me making sure i was ok..after getting to the Southern i was kept in for observation and let out the following day.

Monday morning my dad writes to Rangers football club explaining what had happened and within 2 days an official letter from John Greig explaining he had came to see me arrived with 2 complimentary tickets for the Aberdeen game and verious Rangers merchandise and a signed ball from the players.

Glasgow Rangers August 1980 that was.

2 titles in a decade.

Bang on Min..

I remember sitting on my Dads shoulders watching us beat Motherwell with 80,000 at Ibrox scarfs in the air waving Union flags,Saltires and Ulster flags.

We shouted about our club and we stood shoulder to shoulder with our brothers being persecuted by Irish Republican tyranny.

We hated the IRA and Republican Celtic football club.

We stood and sang in the ground,on the buses and in the supporters clubs with the players..

An example...........i was 11 years old and i ran head first into the barrier in the east enclosure and knocked myself out..waking up a while later in the first aid room a certain John Greig was standing over me making sure i was ok..after getting to the Southern i was kept in for observation and let out the following day.

Monday morning my dad writes to Rangers football club explaining what had happened and within 2 days an official letter from John Greig explaining he had came to see me arrived with 2 complimentary tickets for the Aberdeen game and verious Rangers merchandise and a signed ball from the players.

Glasgow Rangers August 1980 that was.

great post Gaffbear those were the days. (tu)

2 titles in a decade.

Those days seem a very long way off now. We like to talk about our fathers supporting the club, as my two boys support the club, but I think through 'modernity' for want of a better word the huge animal that was Glasgow Rangers in the past has been slain by the meteor we could call political correctness, or evenpolitical intervention. We need to be patient because the sleeping giant I hope will be sleeping for not very much longer. Change is needed at the top and hopefully this will filter down to the players and the fans. I for one, will welcome it when it comes.

Unfortunately things can change so slowly in life that it can take years before we realise just how far the ground has shifted.

There is probably nothing wrong at Ibrox that a right good youth policy wouldn't fix ... it would obviously ease the debt situation that continues to dog us as well as giving us players who know we have to win every game and not just feel that their seasons work is done when we win 4-2 at septic park

All that's happening is you're trying to apply the rules of the 50s-early 80s to 2000+

And they don't mix.

The world has changed, including football. Expecially football.

So older fans pine for the good old days while the younger fans see nothing out of the ordinary. Just like the older guys didn't in their own youth.

More than likely the younger ones will do the same in 40 years time.

Minst and Gaff , i could do nothing other than agree , I remember the beginings of my attendance at games with ma Grandad and Dad.

My first game was as freindly with QPR when marsh and Johansen ( ma hero ) as a boy got leathered into each .

The noise , singing and togetherness was magical with a resounding kindred hatred of those scum up the road .

Ah great days indeed , will they be seen again ?!!