Rangers Legends

Craigy

Yes you have misconstrued. Not being smug just giving my opinion. Still, if we are talking smug...tell me, you said Ferguson is already a legend to 'us'...who are these 'us' you speak for?

Us = Rangers fans. I thought your gargantuan intellect would have fathomed that one? Do you not consider yourself a Rangers fan? You can always disagree on the claim that he's a legend, but your argument has plundered pure semantics, which is the sign of a weak case.

Really? I don't seem to remember you having a problem with the term before. Of course what you say is a little bit silly as it also applies to the term 'legend' doesn't it?
And see my post about that one too, my friend, which clarifies my opinions and I'm sure an intelligent fellow like you will be able to grasp the parables between both. Nothing silly here, bar someone who might want to spoil for a rumble over semantics, as you appear to be doing.
We always have but even so, I'm genuinely surprised at you over Ferguson.

Would you have rather I'd labelled him the anti-christ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw nearly every game baxter played forus in the 60,s he was a class above anything we have had till laudrup but as a legend in my book he must be a 100% for the club . back in 1965 he couldnt wait to get out the door to england .but does personality come into the reconing? he was a joy to watch and he made a very good team into a great team prob one of our best till we started buying big ...

Yes you have misconstrued. Not being smug just giving my opinion. Still, if we are talking smug...tell me, you said Ferguson is already a legend to 'us'...who are these 'us' you speak for?
Us = Rangers fans. I thought your gargantuan intellect would have fathomed that one? Do you not consider yourself a Rangers fan? You can always disagree on the claim that he's a legend, but your argument has plundered pure semantics, which is the sign of a weak case.

Well actually what intellect I have was telling me that you couldn't surely have a such gargantuan opinion of your own worth that you'd consider yourself the spokesman for all Rangers fans. Obviously I was wrong.

Yes I consider myself a Rangers fan but at the same time I'm not one of 'us' so maybe I don't qualify eh?

As for my argument being about semantics...I don't see that at all. I've just argued that Ferguson is not good enough to hold legendary status as a player and then there is his failings as a captain and professional.

Well actually what intellect I have was telling me that you couldn't surely have a such gargantuan opinion of your own worth that you'd consider yourself the spokesman for all Rangers fans. Obviously I was wrong.

You're wrong, yeah, but not in the way you think.

Yes I consider myself a Rangers fan but at the same time I'm not one of 'us' so maybe I don't qualify eh?
Are you actually trying to dig your own grave in this debate?
As for my argument being about semantics...I don't see that at all. I've just argued that Ferguson is not good enough to hold legendary status as a player and then there is his failings as a captain and professional.

That is by no means the only thing you've said in this debate.

You're wrong, yeah, but not in the way you think.

Are you actually trying to dig your own grave in this debate?

That is by no means the only thing you've said in this debate.

An answer where you atually say sweet fanny Adams. Are you now saying that 'us' did not mean Rangers fans?