Walter Smith statue

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

Absolutely deserves a statue.

He just embodies Rangers. Was everything that a Rangers manager should be in his conduct, style, image, etc.

Shouldn’t have taken this long to put it up , would have been nice if he was alive and got to see it 

10 hours ago, CS68 said:

Hope the commissioning is done properly and is awarded to a sculptor capable of producing something that looks like Walter and not some lame Madame Tussaud's caricature. Most statues of folk bear little resemblance to them.

Aye fingers crossed it's immaculate. Surely they won't cut any corners with this.

On 30/04/2024 at 23:19, The Hammer 11 said:

Shouldn’t have taken this long to put it up , would have been nice if he was alive and got to see it 

They were waiting on the family giving the go ahead. They left it with them a while back and didn't want to pressure them into anything but I agree, he should have had one done when he was alive so he could see it. 

17 minutes ago, Number6 said:

They were waiting on the family giving the go ahead. They left it with them a while back and didn't want to pressure them into anything but I agree, he should have had one done when he was alive so he could see it. 

John Greig had mixed feelings about seeing his statue unveiled, said something in his book about it being a strange feeling seeing a statue of yourself while you're still around .

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

There really should be a section of the hall of fame for staff, such a shame that some of our greatest managers like Jock Wallace won’t really receive the proper recognition. Would also allow us to recognise important people to the club from behind the scenes like a Jimmy Bell, Tiny Gallacher or even some coaching staff like Archie Knox for example 

absolutely.

Still remember crying my eyes out hearing this news.

Held it together all day then Rangers uploaded a video with the piano music and clips of him and I just broke.

Never knew the man but he felt like he was apart of my childhood. Really miss Walter and I am just glad he was in charge during my generation. In 100 years time the Rangers fans will be looking back on Walters Era and we got to see it.

3 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Still remember crying my eyes out hearing this news.

Held it together all day then Rangers uploaded a video with the piano music and clips of him and I just broke.

Never knew the man but he felt like he was apart of my childhood. Really miss Walter and I am just glad he was in charge during my generation. In 100 years time the Rangers fans will be looking back on Walters Era and we got to see it.

aye like how i wish i saw the struth era. 34 years of him.

On 30/04/2024 at 20:46, Dan Deacon said:

Hopefully no issues with receiving planning permission for this tribute. 

Surely the council wouldn't turn it down I know there a pack of scumbags but you wouldn't think they'd stoop so low.