Player discipline - positionally speaking.

mark1963

PLG wanted to dictate to Ferguson how/where he played - we all know what happened there - . I think his concept was right - I'm not signalling out Fergie here by the way . Ferguson ,Davis and to a certain extent Bougherra in my opinion try to do too much and are often caught out of their playing zone. In the league cup Fergie could be seen taking throw ins on the left in very advance positions - thus creating a hole centrally. Davis floats to where the action is ( couple this with our deficiencies at full back and this leads to pressure on isolated full backs . Bougherra god love him rampages forward often - ( I think this has cased several of his injuries this season when he has needleslly over extended himselve)(he missed a couple of old firm games where we desperately needed him )

I'm not having a pop directly at the players as its up to management to impose tactics /philosophy but its obvious that some players are trying to cover deficiencies that they see in the team - moving Davis centrally to be the box to box player would solve a lot of these issues.

As I said in the title the discussion I want to provoke is around players holding their positional responsibilities for the teams benefit .

PS WS has caused a lot of this with 2 seasons of round peg square hole mentality.

My team/thoughts for the run in would be Alexander( MacGregor my first choice) Whittaker Bougherra Weir (last season) Papac(attacking left back needed)Beasley Davis Mendes Aaron

Novo Boyd (would sell - cant lead the line ) Fleck (only play centrally or as a striker) i'd bring back Furman