The Rangersmedia.co.uk NARSA Convention Meet Up

Canadaready

What is the best airport to fly into from DC for the convention?

Been looking at flights, but not sure what would be best, or least expensive. 2 of our club are driving up, 2 traveling by train and myself and a couple of others still undecided.

Also what is the dress code for Sat night, do I need to get my kilt cleaned?

Buffalo or Hamilton, ON would be your closest airports. Does this mean you want those two sets of tickets I found DC? Will be great!

If you have a kilt, get it cleaned! lol. In all truthfulness, it is a dressy occasion but u will likely see everything from jeans to formal. There will be lots of kilts, so is really up to you.

Looking forward to meeting you, make sure you come along to our wee soiree on friday!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure there is :pics:

Dado you should have gone to Australia via Niagara lol Its all happening at the same time. We could have given you a going away party from the North American RM'ers lol.

Dado you should have gone to Australia via Niagara lol Its all happening at the same time. We could have given you a going away party from the North American RM'ers lol.

I wanted to go via the US but it bumped up my flights too much, ill be in Tokyo instead :P

Been looking at flights, but not sure what would be best, or least expensive. 2 of our club are driving up, 2 traveling by train and myself and a couple of others still undecided.

Buffalo or Hamilton, ON would be your closest airports. Does this mean you want those two sets of tickets I found DC? Will be great!

If you have a kilt, get it cleaned! lol. In all truthfulness, it is a dressy occasion but u will likely see everything from jeans to formal. There will be lots of kilts, so is really up to you.

Looking forward to meeting you, make sure you come along to our wee soiree on friday!

I'm definitely planning on attending, so will still need one of those tickets. My mate who was wanting to go made other plans (flying back to Scotland for Cup Final) after we had initially been told Fri & Sat were sold out.

Looking forward to meeting you all for a few quiet beers on the Friday afternoon.

Closest international airport in Canada would be Hamilton.

Most of the guys coming from Florida, Texas etc are flying into Buffalo New York. Still not sure how we are getting to Niagara but it is the nearest airport.

Ya, Buffalo is closer than Hamilton on the Canadian side. I would cross at the bridge in Buffalo into Fort Erie, Ontario and drive up the river to the falls. Its a great drive.

There is a battle memorial on the road there of a fight between Britain and the USA in the War of 1812. Also, Fort Erie itself is a nice historic site.

Cheers for the info.

Washington 1812 is the name that we have given our football (soccer) team here in DC, it certainly helps add an edge to some of our games :uk:

Cheers for the info.

Washington 1812 is the name that we have given our football (soccer) team here in DC, it certainly helps add an edge to some of our games :uk:

LOL

Are you coming to the meet up?

Lol I think he plans on coming CR...though I got a wee bit confused when he mentioned a few QUIET drinks... lol

DC, I'll let Nicky know you need the one ticket. Thanks very much! If anyone else needs tickets be sure to let us know asap as there are a few cancellations trickling in at the moment so we may possibly be able to accomodate the requests!

Not too sure if I'm happy that you are asking for pics after it was mentioned that I should wear my kilt!!!! :P

So long as you are surrounded by good looking bearettes im sure I can stomach you being in the picture :P

I wanted to go via the US but it bumped up my flights too much, ill be in Tokyo instead :P

The Orange Wok RSC will be delighted to see you. :)

Cheers for the info.

LOL

I don't know if it's possible but many clubs both within NARSA and outwith hang their banners in the main function hall for the whole convention. The Rangersmedia flag would look good if we can get it there.

Cheers for the info.

LOL

I don't know if it's possible but many clubs both within NARSA and outwith hang their banners in the main function hall for the whole convention. The Rangersmedia flag would look good if we can get it there.

Lol good call Ian,

I never even thought about that. It may be possible as it won't be conflicting with any of the clubs. CR if you think you can get the flag here and want to get it hung, send me an email and I can get it sent on to the rest of the exec to discuss. Lol Neil isnt bringing the HUGE Baku Bears flag this year, he's bringing a smaller one, so there might be room for some of the rest of us lol

Cheers for the info.

LOL

Lol good call Ian,

I never even thought about that. It may be possible as it won't be conflicting with any of the clubs. CR if you think you can get the flag here and want to get it hung, send me an email and I can get it sent on to the rest of the exec to discuss. Lol Neil isnt bringing the HUGE Baku Bears flag this year, he's bringing a smaller one, so there might be room for some of the rest of us lol

I have wrote Badger to see if we can get one of the ones that are at his flat.

Flight booked, arriving into Buffalo, NY at about 2.30pm on the Thursday. Just need to sort out transport over the border to Niagara. Hotel room sorted, at the convention hotel. Will see you guys in the boozer at 4pm on Friday if not before that, I'll be the one wearing a blue Rangers top......................

Flight booked, arriving into Buffalo, NY at about 2.30pm on the Thursday. Just need to sort out transport over the border to Niagara. Hotel room sorted, at the convention hotel. Will see you guys in the boozer at 4pm on Friday if not before that, I'll be the one wearing a blue Rangers top......................

Mate I know that the Naples Loyal boys and a couple of the Orlando RSC guys are arriving in Buffalo mid afternoon Thursday. You should contact them as I believe they may be trying to organize a mini bus or something.

Lol well.....since I will have your tickets and may well be on the door thursday nite, I will see you before Friday afternoon lol

Hey me & my pall Walshy are going to be there! Friday & Saturday! any one fancy meeting up we will be getting a nice carry out! :D have a sing song! let us know! get in touch! hope to meet all my fellow Bears!~ there!

HULLO HULLO :gerbad:

Hey me & my pall Walshy are going to be there! Friday & Saturday! any one fancy meeting up we will be getting a nice carry out! :D have a sing song! let us know! get in touch! hope to meet all my fellow Bears!~ there!

HULLO HULLO :gerbad:

Come on out and meet us at the Hard Rock Cafe at 4pm! You from Cambridge Ontario?

We most likely will!

think we should bring some flags! ?

also yes living in Kitchener at the moment.

Great hope you can make it, as for the flags it would depend what kind of flags you are talking about. Remember its not a private venue and is Niagara so it is ALWAYS tourist season.

Arriving in sunny Welland on Sunday. Will visit the Niagara True Blues to win the SPhelL and the Oakville True Blues to win the cup and then onto NARSA on the Thursday. We're staying at the convention hotel. The Largs RSC flag will be in attendance.