I don't want Walter Smith

he played three forwards, you wanted a defender ? taken off (which one) and to play a 3-3-4 ?

Put down the game of football maager it's not real life you know.....

You are the type of fan who will put up with anything and will only wake up when its to late.

You're the type of fan you would hear loudly spouting pish at the game, clearly shouting about a game he doesn't have the first clue about.....which is weird considering how long you have claimed to watch it for.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

General since you say i am clueless well lets discuss Walter and his tactics from the ten in a row seasons, and his signings and positions he played players in, then tell me why Walter left. I am clueless so i am sure you can tell me.

In bygone days i've sat in a forlorn manner, watching our side get decimated by dross like Ivan Sproule. I've sat in the main stand as a piss poor Greek side curtail our Champions League (nope, UEFA Cup) ambitions and i've seen us toil against semipro dross from Lithuania. Today though, was the nearest i've ever came to walking out of a game before half time.

The Rangers management team of today, they disgust me and i'm finding it a chore to lend them my support.

A cowardly, fearful, unambitious, unwitting performance of the highest order. The team were sent out there to clearly contain and scrape by Aberdeen (a side who were ragged with injury), rather than actually do what we needed to do and put a sizeable amount of goals past them. Smith wanted to avoid being disrespectful to Aberdeen, but he's ended up being far too respectful, an even bigger crime.

Rather than go for it and win the league on our own backs, we're now once again left in limbo, waiting like vultures for the tarriers to slip up. It's tragic and a game plan that repulses me. We dont deserve the footballing philosophies that Smith inflicts on us.

Terrific summation TM.

You have put across some the exact points I was making to my mates last nights, albeit in somewhat more impressive lexicon than my intoxicated state allowed!

I hate joking about it, but when Bougherra got sent off, would you have been surprised if Smith decided to shut up shop and move Whittaker to centre back and Davis to right back to contain Aberdeen? Oh wait a minute........ :anguish:

You don't think a 4-3-3 with three forwards clearly playing up front is an attacking formation....i doubt you would understand such a discussion so wouldn't waste my time.....

NO the problem is you have not got a clue, all mouth and no trousers and you call me clueless, and thats why you wont waste your time, because you have no idea.

You don't think a 4-3-3 with three forwards clearly playing up front is an attacking formation....i doubt you would understand such a discussion so wouldn't waste my time.....

Yesterday wasnt a 4-3-3. It was still a 4-4-2. However leaving that aside, a Smith 4-3-3 does not automatically by default mean an attacking formation. You can play 4-3-3 but still set up to contain and play on the break or stretch the game in order to try and get midfielders up to support Boyd. Smith clearly didnt set out with that plan yesterday, or if he did, then the players didnt follow him. I dont know which of the 2 above are worse but neither show his management skills in any great light.

Its absurd for anyone to say that Smith is a not a negative manager. Watching the dis-jointed team last season struggling because he stuck with his pals brought all the memories of 10 in a row season flooding back. From the highs of Tannadice, overnight, he turned into a manager who is frightened to lose instead of being a manager who wants to win. 10 in a row, Everton, Scotland and the last 29 months have backed this theory up IMHO (tu)

Lets hope he calls it a day and we get someone in who knows no fear and goes out with the view that we ARE the best and let OTHER teams worry about us (tu)

What about the rest of the post, explain this formation you want to play and who you were taking off.....

cartman behave,

but i am with you 4-3-3 every time for me (with 11 men on the park)

we should have went 3 at the back, 3-4-2 when down to 10 men.

;)

Where did i say snith isn't a defensively minded manager it would be good too see that quote

Yesterday was clearly a 4-3-3, the centre halfs were even pushing FFS. Miller boyd and lafferty stayed up and we were playing some good stuff up until the lafferty incident. I presume anyone saying we tried to contain them up until the sending off (which changed the game) didn't see the game.

You don't understand what a 4-3-3 is FFS......

Still waiting, so stop deflecting and give us all you stuff about Walter. But you cant as you have not got a clue.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why a 4-3-3- with three forwards on the park is negative, so looks like you will be kept waiting. Ten in a row has feck all to do with this, we are talking about yesterdays game.

You don't understand what a 4-3-3 is FFS......

Still waiting, so stop deflecting and give us all you stuff about Walter. But you cant as you have not got a clue.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why a 4-3-3- with three forwards on the park is negative, so looks like you will be kept waiting. Ten in a row has feck all to do with this, we are talking about yesterdays game.

STOP deflecting we are on about Walter being negative and playing boring football.