Broomloan Rear

tommy2212

Tomorrow morning i am going to fire off a email to Kenny Scott in regards to this stand today. Have we not learned any lessons from our very own stadium disaster because there was people falling down stairwells and being crushed against barriers.

4 main causes.

1. 10-15 thousand people outside the front doors expecting the bus to pull up there when it didn't there was then a horrific charge to the broomloan end.

2. The Bill Struth stand wasn't opened which to lead to overcrowding especially in broomloan rear.

3 So the broomloan stand was already full and you have another influx of 10 thousand or so people rushing to get in and not being stopped.

4. There was zero police presence, zero stewarding presence in the broomloan rear while the rest of the stadium had to police offers to each stairwell.

I have video of a women and her young daughter falling down a stairwell - you can only hear the audio but you get the picture of what happened.

Every stairwell looked like this with pushing and shoving going on

S1050322.jpg

Yet again Rangers underestimate their fans turnout and don't plan for the worst - it happened in Manchester , it happened today in the broomloan stand - i just hope no-one was seriously hurt as a few people fell and there was a large proportion of young bears.

I know RM has 12ish thousand members so i couldn't have been alone in my experience.

at least you didnt have some fat disgrace pishing on the seat in front of him sitting next to you. I wanted to applaud the team and get out there asap

There was a fight in the Broomie Rear , around 20 feet left (facing the pitch) of the scoreboards. Along with the usual minority of braindead zombies who insist on invading the pitch , these were the only negatives on an otherwise tremendous day.

To be honest i dont see what Rangers could of done. if they had closed the stands and not let anybody else in every1 would of been moaning.

And as everyone is saying there wasnt enuf police so how could they manage to open another stand ?

There were a gd few arseholes today running onto the pitch etc but i thoight it was very good... most of those who ran on the pitch got a load of abuse from all of us down the front... and may i say some of the rock steady guys rugby tackles on pitch invaders were fucking incredible :lol:

Aye was a bit of a shambles. Everyone gathering out front and then having to dash to cram in.

Great party atmosphere inside.

Embaressing the number o idiots runnin on the park. Wee ned cnts

yeah i seen the fight..i was in the broomloan front and was outraged at the police just standing there watching woman being pushed over and men fighting..without radioing for assistance to have it sorted immediately because someone could of been seriously hurt..I mean they were all fighting close to the edge of the broomloan rear and there was only one steward to try and deal with it.

yeah i seen the fight..i was in the broomloan front and was outraged at the police just standing there watching woman being pushed over and men fighting..without radioing for assistance to have it sorted immediately because someone could of been seriously hurt..I mean they were all fighting close to the edge of the broomloan rear and there was only one steward to try and deal with it.

it was the same at the east bit were a was. but it all calmed down in the end . :uk:

There was one fanny in the govan front who was fightin with another rangers fan... then it all calmed down and he started fighting with some1 else.

A policeman ran up himself to stop it and the guy turned on him. but the Rangers fans about him helped the police officer.

I was late in leaving the stadium at the end and when i got outside there was a group of fannys throwing bottles at each other on edminston drive with families standing near them and at the top of copland road on the prw there was celtic fans throwing bottles as well.