The underestimation of Novo?

J_RFC87

A lot of players have stood out:

• Boyd with his 31 goals
  • Magic's performances in replacing Cueller
  • Old man Weir who hasn't put a foot wrong all season
  • Davis has been excellent for the best part of the season

The players that have been consistant over the whole season with the occasional shot of brilliance:

• Mendes
  • Papac
  • McGregor & Alexander

Then there's the players who are growing in people's opinion with every game they play:

• Whittaker
  • Lafferty
  • Miller
  • Thomson

And the people who divide opinion:

• McCulloch - where to play him? Do we need him?
  • Bazza - where to start praising or criticising him?
  • Broadfoot - Still had a massive contribution
  • Beasley - should be off

The back ups:

• Dailly - deserves his league medal even after the howler in Kaunas
  • Smith
  • Naismith
  • Adam

So where does Novo fit in all this?

Is it surprising to learn that he played 37 times this season for us? That's only less appearances than Weir, Boyd, Mendes, Papac and Davis who are key players and stand out names. That means he's played more than Bougherra, Miller, Laffery, Whittaker etc

P1010443.jpg

Even though the fans love him and what he represents as a Rangers player, but do Rangers fans actually underestimate his contribution? People after the Hibs game were slating him for potentially costing us the league.

Every other teams' fans hate him which is a credit to the high regard he's held in.

184019_661_1210165641906-SLF_Ranger.jpg

So with 37 appearances this season, he's played such a massive part in winning back the league from the darkside. He only scored 8 times, but it's a team game and there's a lot more to the game on and off the park than goals. He still represents the attitude a Rangers player should have and it does rub off on them, as evident by the comeback since December.

Well done wee man :clap::praise:

Guest Andypendek

I don't under-rate him; I do think he's extremely limited. But I would happily give him a contract to see out the rest of his career with Rangers. There's an old saying that talent without hardwork is worthless...Nacho has shown that hard work with a modicum of talent will take you a long, long way.

i love nacho novo

his attitude is perect and he loves the club

the fact he lifted walter smith and spent his time celebrating with ally shows that he hasn't got one bitter bone or is slihgtly selfish about not being a first team pick most weeks

yesterday meant everything to him, they probably had to drag him off tannadice and then ibrox from celebrating

nacho you are a legend and we have been lucky to have such a loyal man(and underrated as a player).

for me he's the fans voice in the club. "oh ah samaras" said it all. My best memory of Novo (so far) has to be the winning penalty against Fiorentina, the guy is a legend :) .

He has missed a lot of chances this in the past couple of games but I would have put that down to lack of games. I didnt realise he had played that many games but a lot of them will be sub appearances. If he had played a couple of games in the run up to the hibs game and scored a goal or two, im sure we would have beaten hibs, he would have buried that chance v aberdeen and would have got the goal he should have scored yesterday. The one thing you cant deny about him is his work rate and desire and his pace has always been great for us to have in his side, he will work defenders and make them make mistakes.

Very surprising to learn that he played that many games, although I suspect most of them were the old 60 minute substitution. Nevertheless, I thought he had a decent season, last year I thought he was better, but you really can't fault him all that much because he gives his all everytime he runs out on the pitch.

I don't underestimate Nacho. He's a poor footballer -- who works hard. Working hard CAN make a diff though. Forcing defenders into making mistakes etc. but let's face it, his first touch is not existent and his finishing is generally very poor. Not much of a left peg either must be said.

I know we're all happy.. but Nacho is a poor player. Love his attitude though and the pen v Fiorentina under incredible pressure will always be remembered -- by all.