I Just Got The Red Lights On My xBox :-(

Watson94

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't fix it, send it back to Microsoft and you'll get a new one with a better processor, so the problem won't come back.

And don't forget to take out any discs and to remove the Hard Drive, mate of mine sent it back with the HD still on it and never saw the HD again, bye bye demo's, movies, savegames,... :lol:

Can't fix it, send it back to Microsoft and you'll get a new one with a better processor, so the problem won't come back.

And don't forget to take out any discs and to remove the Hard Drive, mate of mine sent it back with the HD still on it and never saw the HD again, bye bye demo's, movies, savegames,... :lol:

Lol , Gutted

Cheers Bud (tu)

Just sent mines away for repair today. Its went to Germany for repair- bet its gonna be ages until i get it back. Ive got the elite console, thought the elite console was better than the other xbox consoles. Its a disgrace. When i turned mines on, the fans at the back went really fast and then 2 red lights flashed around the ring of light. I tried to blow air through the air vents to clear the dust but didnt work. They charged me £78 for the repair- theyve got a cheek. Don't think ill get a new console though, im never that lucky! Prob trade it in for a ps3. Getting sick of this happening, this is my 2nd xbox360, dont think im that stupid to buy a 3rd one!

Just sent mines away for repair today. Its went to Germany for repair- bet its gonna be ages until i get it back. Ive got the elite console, thought the elite console was better than the other xbox consoles. Its a disgrace. When i turned mines on, the fans at the back went really fast and then 2 red lights flashed around the ring of light. I tried to blow air through the air vents to clear the dust but didnt work. They charged me £78 for the repair- theyve got a cheek. Don't think ill get a new console though, im never that lucky! Prob trade it in for a ps3. Getting sick of this happening, this is my 2nd xbox360, dont think im that stupid to buy a 3rd one!

Like I said, won't take that long, two weeks tops.

And was it out of warranty then, since they charged you ?

I sent mine back and it was free, UPS delivered and fast as hell.

The console itself is the same as the other ones, it's just the extra stuff you get that makes it the Elite.

Try and persuade them to give you a Falcon model, those are the newer ones that don't have that RROD problem.

Like I said, won't take that long, two weeks tops.

And was it out of warranty then, since they charged you ?

I sent mine back and it was free, UPS delivered and fast as hell.

The console itself is the same as the other ones, it's just the extra stuff you get that makes it the Elite.

Try and persuade them to give you a Falcon model, those are the newer ones that don't have that RROD problem.

Yeah It was out of warranty, so had to cough up the cash which is shocking. Thanks, gonna e-mail them and suggest the Falcon model. But its away to Germany for some reason, so dont think it will work. Thanks for the help.

I take it your 360 is over one year old? If it isn't then you can just take it down to the shop and get a replacement there and then (tu)

Also remember if you get RROD or E74 then the warranty is 3 years!

Mine got sent to Germany as well but had to call the customer service first, who then sent me the information for UPS.

Try calling them again.

And like radlord said, if you have the RROD it's 3 years warranty.

And if it is out of warranty then I don't think it's that shocking to pay for a repair, it's normal :)

Mine got sent to Germany as well but had to call the customer service first, who then sent me the information for UPS.

Try calling them again.

And if it is out of warranty then I don't think it's that shocking to pay for a repair, it's normal :)

It is shocking, because it happens to everyone! There is one thing CERTAIN when you buy a xbox360, that it will not last one year. Yes things do break down after a period of time but you do expept a level of confidence that they will not blow up and i know when i get my xbox360 returned to me it will break down again. This is my 3rd xbox, think you would be a bit more vocal in expressing your views than i was when i said it was shocking. They have been took to consumer court because of all the problems but nothing has happened.

Xbox360 were released in 2005, mate this is now 2009 you would expect all the problems to be fixed years ago.

Try calling them again.

It is shocking, because it happens to everyone! There is one thing CERTAIN when you buy a xbox360, that it will not last one year. Yes things do break down after a period of time but you do expept a level of confidence that they will not blow up and i know when i get my xbox360 returned to me it will break down again. This is my 3rd xbox, think you would be a bit more vocal in expressing your views than i was when i said it was shocking. They have been took to consumer court because of all the problems but nothing has happened.

Xbox360 were released in 2005, mate this is now 2009 you would expect all the problems to be fixed years ago.

Erm, it's Microsoft :craphead:

Like I said: The new models have absolutely no problems with the RROD and they are now cheaper than when you bought one when it just came out.

And unlike companies like Apple (Who basically said people with fauly iPhones just had to wait for a new model to come out) Microsoft acknowledged the problem and made a massive amount of money available only for customer service.

i've got three xbox 360's in my house all off them have never had a problem and the one xbox was bought on pre-order so i had it the day it came out.

i've got three xbox 360's in my house all off them have never had a problem and the one xbox was bought on pre-order so i had it the day it came out.

I'm surprised you haven't came in drunk and pished on one :pipe:

I'm surprised you haven't came in drunk and pished on one :pipe:

i did........

and it still fucking works :pipe: