Who should Rangers have never let go

martino1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

defo not cuellar. bougherra far better player, also we got mendes, davis and edu because he left to 'better' himself. didnt hear much about him, think he played right back most of season!! bougy all the way.

anyway, we should never have let hutton, klos, huistra, gazza, laudrup, or :praise: franny jeffers!haha :craphead:

Brian Laudrup, still greetin about that one.

We let Laudrup go to the end of his contract rather than selling him when we could so we didn't "let him go"

Hutton's the one - forced him out for money and it cost us more in lost CL money as we would have won the league if we'd kept him

We had the chance to offer him a new contract bu Smith only wanted to give him a 'Pay as you Play' deal which i think is utter bollocks. We should have kept him and Paul Gascoigne and the rest of the 9 in a row squad for 1 more year and pushed for 10 in a row to get one over on the manky mob.

Other players id have loved to have kept are Arteta, Reyna, Hateley, Van Bronckhorst, Hutton, Numan, Amato (he did have his pish games but was generally good), Kanchelskis, Wallace......... could go on and on

Hmm, the highlighted bit is not how I recall it. Laudrup made it clear he wanted to leave Rangers the previous season and David Murray had a choice to make whether to cash in on him (5 million was the going rate) or hold out for a season and try and convince him to stay. He gambled on being able to convince him but the gamble didn't pay off, Laudrup had a subdued season by his standards and left for free to Chelsea.. Not sure Rangers could have done anything else to keep him

Incidentally, I am with others on here, letting Donald Findlay go was one of the biggest errors we have made. Players come and go but guys like DF would fight our corner for decades

Campbell Ogilvie should never have been forced out of OUR club,

is it a coincidence that our club has been in decline since he was forced out. I believe Bain had some involvement

Bain also forced out George Adams from youth development

Players we let go too early: Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Davie Cooper and Neil McCann

players who we should have kept: Amato, Gattuso, Spackman, Albertz, Van Bronkhurst, Reyna, Hutton, Cuellar