New CB

CraigRFC

Not sure if this has been discussed yet but I thought I would give it a go.

We are all saying the same thing that we need a new CB and if I remember correctly there was one player I was told that could play there.

With very few places in the midfield going to be available next season if Mendes stays and Thomson comes back I can really see the position of CB opening up for him.

So do you think Mo Edu can step up and become a CB? I'm sure I've been told he can play there and also has done for USA on numerous occasions.

Just gave this a thought as it would sort out the CB problem and also the problem of the midfield being over-loaded.

Thoughts?

No!

Edu is a box to box CM. We have enough players who are shoe horned out of position and we don't want to add another player to that list.

We will have Weir, Bougherra, Whitbread (possibly), Wilson as CB for next year but who know what will happen.

No!

Edu is a box to box CM. We have enough players who are shoe horned out of position and we don't want to add another player to that list.

We will have Weir, Bougherra, Whitbread (possibly), Wilson as CB for next year but who know what will happen.

Whitbread? Who is that?

No!

Whitbread? Who is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zak_Whitbread

(tu)

I'd rather get a proper left back or give a try to S Smith at left back and move Papac if necessary to Centre back - it is after all his natural position.

Papac doesn't look like a CH to me. I know that's his right position, but he looks a bit weak. He's fine on the left. Edu at CH? No fucking way.

I'd rather get a proper left back or give a try to S Smith at left back and move Papac if necessary to Centre back - it is after all his natural position.

We frequently lose goals to high balls to the back post on the left so I doubt Papac has the ability in the air to be a CB in Scotland, no matter what he has done abroad in the past.

Papac is awesome...cracking Bosninan too.

Edu is doing just fine in the middle, its the left mid thats the problem. We need to stop tinkering with players positions. Although Papac's move has been pretty good.