JJB

blueshadow

jjb is a cheap sports shop who do all the crap no one really wants

the quicker we have our rangers shops back the better

i refuse to buy from jjb.

they also cover their windows in septic stuff and very rarely have proper rangers sections in shops outwith glasgow sometimes even in glasgow, it is mostly all septic stuff.

a poor deal done during a very poor period for our club.

time to get out of it

in my entire life i have never had ONE problem purchasing Rangers gear/ merchandise and i have never seen the manky mob out number our shirts in ANY stores i have been to. try looking a bit harder lads (tu)

How many JJB stores have you been into though?? I've been in absolutely loads of JJB shops that have had practically no Gers strips, but tons of mhank strips. Several times I've been in JJB shops that had ZERO adult RFC strips, but rails bulging with Sellik strips. These were at normal times as well, not before European ties, Cup finals or any time that strips were in xtra high demand.

in my entire life i have never had ONE problem purchasing Rangers gear/ merchandise and i have never seen the manky mob out number our shirts in ANY stores i have been to. try looking a bit harder lads (tu)

How many JJB stores have you been into though?? I've been in absolutely loads of JJB shops that have had practically no Gers strips, but tons of mhank strips. Several times I've been in JJB shops that had ZERO adult RFC strips, but rails bulging with Sellik strips. These were at normal times as well, not before European ties, Cup finals or any time that strips were in xtra high demand.

So there are no takers for the hoopy strips because they only buy them every 3 or 4 years or whenever they are washed whichever is first.

So there are no takers for the hoopy strips because they only buy them every 3 or 4 years or whenever they are washed whichever is first.

That's what I thought myself at first, but it must be something else, a JJB policy of hiring people of the right sort or something.

Absolute fuckin rubbish.

Have a look at all the posts about JJB and their stores all over the country. The amount and range of Rangers gear is terrible.

They are meant to be the suppliers of Rangers merchandise yet you go into any of their stores and the sellik section is the same size if not bigger than the Rangers section.

I think you are living in your own little world mate.

The JJB in Corby is exactly the same, you might get a couple of kids bits if your lucky but plenty of the green & white stuff, I actually thought that the agreement had ended because of the lack of merchandise.

umbro have been the problem in regards to shirts, not JJB.

over the past two seasons shirts have "sold out" by march. this has led to no shirts being available since then. i work in JJB and as a bear i constantly ring the replica department at head office to get more gers shirts sent, however umbro do not make enough and there is no stock available anywhere. since we ran out in Corby we have had at least one or two people per day looking to buy a rangers shirt however have been unable to. thats 2 people every day for 3 months. even at the reduced prices of £15 thats more than £1300 in lost revenue. thats just in one shop in england in one season. we have targets we should meet with shirt sales for further royalties however due to a lack of stock these havent been met.

on the other hand nike have showed why they are the best brand to be associated with as a football club. Septic shirts are kept at high stock levels throughout the season, with last season's shirts still being sold despite their new kits being released. They have only just reduced the prices on their 08/09 shirts but they have always been available. Likewise Nike had Manchester United's champions 08/09 t-shirts in JJB within 5 days of them winning the league, the Rangers ones still have not been released.

We did the deal to get the money and it seemed a good idea at the time - though I would go back to the Rangers Shops. I live in the North West of England and my JJB has no Rangers stuff - but it does have selik stuff. The amazing thing is that Everton has the same arrangement as Rangers do - though there is no Everton stuff in the store either and I only live an hour away from Liverpool. The vast majority of strips in store are Nike and Adidas though the one Umbro shirt they have is the England one.

I agree with an earlier comment that JJB are run as a sports store and while we are with Umbro we always be in the second tier of strips and hence our merchandise will not be displayed in stores except back home.