Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask all the people who want to disassociate Rangers and Protestant/unionism.

when did you first start supporting Rangers

and

what attracted you to Rangers Football Club.

It would be interesting to know, so I can try and relate to your views

Can I ask all the people who want to disassociate Rangers and Protestant/unionism.

and

This thread is about associating Rangers with the Orange Order; which is an irrelevant organisation. You can be a Unionist and a Protestant without having anything to do with the Orange Order, as David Murray is in fact.

and

This thread is about associating Rangers with the Orange Order; which is an irrelevant organisation. You can be a Unionist and a Protestant without having anything to do with the Orange Order, as David Murray is in fact.

The OO is mentioned in the OP, but I do not think that the thread is solely about the OO. It has more to do with the clubs association with the protestant/unionist community.

All this talk of 'history', very little talk of the future, have a look around you guys, see which way the wind is blowing.

The arrogance of the assumption that our 'protestant identity' somehow needs the Orange Order is bizarre. I've stated before the OO is an irrelevant organisation, the vast majority of us have no connection to it and no desire to have, what's so difficult to understand about that? Modern 'Protestantism' in Scotland has very little to do with Orangism, seems to me Rangers stance is entirely in keeping with the stance of the vast majority of Scottish Protestants, therefore they mirror our 'Protestant heritage' perfectly. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the numbers of people who'll march through Glasgow during the next Orange parade? Bet more protestants go to Braehead that day, do you want them to have a march round Ibrox too?

At the end of the day we are known as a Protestant club no matter what spin that you put on it. :)

Yes, yes you keep saying that, well done. Now perhaps you'll explain what being a Protestant and the Orange Order have in common in 2009 please? There are about 800 Million Protestants, who many are in the Orange Order again? No one I've seen has denied our being seen as a 'Protestant club' no matter how accurate that might be, all the spin is coming form you and your fellow Luddites.

Plenty have denied that we are a Protestant club, and of course the OO and rangers links are not as strong since our owner who could not tell you our history never mind our traditions. You know why, because he is to friendly with the tims and wants to be seen to have nothing to do with our Protestant traditions, and would rather allow a Celtic strip with Lennon on the back displayed on the wall at our club.

Hey Minstral you must be getting dizzy with all that spinning you're doing, that's two posts in row you've actually simply avoided answering the question. I'll try again, HOW MANY WORLD/SCOTTISH/GLASWEGIAN PROTESTANTS ARE IN THE ORANGE ORDER? C'mon Minstral your the Tony Blair of the Luddite Brigade, you must know the answer.

How can i give you the answer when i dont know, but one thing i do know is Rangers are a Protestant club and if you dont like it to bad. :)

How is someone supposed to answer a question like that. So what if there are 600 million Protestants, and how many are in the Orange Order. Here is a question. How many of the p.c. brigade at Ibrox, complain over the singing of Loyalist songs at Rangers games? When did you last hear Loyalist songs being booed at Ibrox? The only people who complain, are anti Rangers elements outside the club. The only people who try to belittle the Orange Order, are papists. The only time in my life, I have read some anti Protestant garbage on a Rangers forum, is in this thread. I did not even know there was a p.c. brigade at Ibrox, never mind such negative views. The Timmy lurkers must be lapping this up. It is food and drink to them, to read Rangers supporters, slagging off others beliefs, and trying to minimize them. At the Glasgow Big Walk, there will be 15-20,000 walking alone. Add to this the supporters, the numbers are increased dramatically. So, there will be more going to Braehead that day? Like the rest of the negative stuff, nonsense. Incidently, I am not anti Catholic. My mates include Catholics, and they are sound. I like the Protestant tradition, and Rangers are my Scottish team.

I wonder how many "Protestants" actually know what their religion is all about. Most just see it as another opposite to Catholic Celtic fans.

very true

takes nothing away from the true protestants though :clap:

:praise::praise:

All this talk of 'history', very little talk of the future, have a look around you guys, see which way the wind is blowing.

The arrogance of the assumption that our 'protestant identity' somehow needs the Orange Order is bizarre. I've stated before the OO is an irrelevant organisation, the vast majority of us have no connection to it and no desire to have, what's so difficult to understand about that? Modern 'Protestantism' in Scotland has very little to do with Orangism, seems to me Rangers stance is entirely in keeping with the stance of the vast majority of Scottish Protestants, therefore they mirror our 'Protestant heritage' perfectly. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the numbers of people who'll march through Glasgow during the next Orange parade? Bet more protestants go to Braehead that day, do you want them to have a march round Ibrox too?

At the end of the day we are known as a Protestant club no matter what spin that you put on it. :)

Yes, yes you keep saying that, well done. Now perhaps you'll explain what being a Protestant and the Orange Order have in common in 2009 please? There are about 800 Million Protestants, who many are in the Orange Order again? No one I've seen has denied our being seen as a 'Protestant club' no matter how accurate that might be, all the spin is coming form you and your fellow Luddites.

Plenty have denied that we are a Protestant club, and of course the OO and rangers links are not as strong since our owner who could not tell you our history never mind our traditions. You know why, because he is to friendly with the tims and wants to be seen to have nothing to do with our Protestant traditions, and would rather allow a Celtic strip with Lennon on the back displayed on the wall at our club.

Hey Minstral you must be getting dizzy with all that spinning you're doing, that's two posts in row you've actually simply avoided answering the question. I'll try again, HOW MANY WORLD/SCOTTISH/GLASWEGIAN PROTESTANTS ARE IN THE ORANGE ORDER? C'mon Minstral your the Tony Blair of the Luddite Brigade, you must know the answer.

How can i give you the answer when i dont know, but one thing i do know is Rangers are a Protestant club and if you dont like it to bad. :)

How is someone supposed to answer a question like that. So what if there are 600 million Protestants, and how many are in the Orange Order. Here is a question. How many of the p.c. brigade at Ibrox, complain over the singing of Loyalist songs at Rangers games? When did you last hear Loyalist songs being booed at Ibrox? The only people who complain, are anti Rangers elements outside the club. The only people who try to belittle the Orange Order, are papists. The only time in my life, I have read some anti Protestant garbage on a Rangers forum, is in this thread. I did not even know there was a p.c. brigade at Ibrox, never mind such negative views. The Timmy lurkers must be lapping this up. It is food and drink to them, to read Rangers supporters, slagging off others beliefs, and trying to minimize them. At the Glasgow Big Walk, there will be 15-20,000 walking alone. Add to this the supporters, the numbers are increased dramatically. So, there will be more going to Braehead that day? Like the rest of the negative stuff, nonsense. Incidently, I am not anti Catholic. My mates include Catholics, and they are sound. I like the Protestant tradition, and Rangers are my Scottish team.

:praise::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wonder how many "Protestants" actually know what their religion is all about. Most just see it as another opposite to Catholic Celtic fans.

very true

Of course. I don't think I've ever met one though.

very true

I've met a number at meetings over the years :)

Aye.

and

The OO is mentioned in the OP, but I do not think that the thread is solely about the OO. It has more to do with the clubs association with the protestant/unionist community.

If it isn't what the thread is about then the OP should have made that clear then. He states that to make the world know we are a Protestant club we should have an Orange Parade despite their obvious irrelevance to the majority of Protestants.

very true

Well you haven't met me then.

and

If it isn't what the thread is about then the OP should have made that clear then. He states that to make the world know we are a Protestant club we should have an Orange Parade despite their obvious irrelevance to the majority of Protestants.

Irrelevance in your opinion.

I don't think we need to go to church every Sunday to be protestant, we can pray to god and stuff anywhere we want without having to go to chruch...so really just because we don't go to chruch doesn't mean we're atheists.

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

Rangers are a FOOTBALL club, not a religion or in any way affiliated to a religion. There is no place on a football field or any other sporting field for religion.

If you want to follow a religion, go to a church or whatever building your religion preaches in. If you want to see a game of football, go to a football park.

Every citizen on Earth has the right to follow whatever religion floats their boat. Just as they have the right to follow whatever football team they want.

If you look at all the troubles in the world, past and present and look at what's behind 90% of them... religion.

Religions cause more trouble than they solve. So to me, religion is good for absolutely nothing.

and

The Orange parade i was on about was the Annual Sunday Parade which went to our ground for many years. And by the way it was hymns that were played and sang, also i see no problem with a flute band, as not all the band are members of the OO. but i stick to my point that we are a Proud Protestant club and nothing to be ashamed of. :)

Church attendance is at an all time low. 30-40 years ago, the churches were full. Now, you are a freak if you discuss matters of a spiritual nature. I think its a shame really.

and

The Orange parade i was on about was the Annual Sunday Parade which went to our ground for many years. And by the way it was hymns that were played and sang, also i see no problem with a flute band, as not all the band are members of the OO. but i stick to my point that we are a Proud Protestant club and nothing to be ashamed of. :)

Hear hear.

How is someone supposed to answer a question like that.

Mmm, oh I don't know, maybe by looking it up perhaps, or perhaps because they seem to be so dear to him he might have had an idea.

So what if there are 600 million Protestants, and how many are in the Orange Order.

Well it matters because Mr Minstral used that as his idea for the expression of being a Protestant, clearly for the worlds Protestants, even for Scotland's Protestants, it isn't their idea of what being a Protestant is about. So why suggest such an irrelevant organisation then?

Here is a question. How many of the p.c. brigade at Ibrox, complain over the singing of Loyalist songs at Rangers games? When did you last hear Loyalist songs being booed at Ibrox?

As someone else said who are the 'PC Brigade', where do they sit and how do I join? Are they on the opposite side from the Luddite Brigade? What has it got to do with the posters point or is this just more deflection?

The only people who complain, are anti Rangers elements outside the club.

Who is complaining?

The only people who try to belittle the Orange Order, are papists.

Ha ha very good. Is it belittling them to point out their true place in the scheme of things then?

The only time in my life, I have read some anti Protestant garbage on a Rangers forum, is in this thread.

Where, point it out please?

I did not even know there was a p.c. brigade at Ibrox, never mind such negative views.

Neither did I, see the point above.

The Timmy lurkers must be lapping this up. It is food and drink to them, to read Rangers supporters, slagging off others beliefs, and trying to minimize them.

Again who has done this?

At the Glasgow Big Walk, there will be 15-20,000 walking alone. Add to this the supporters, the numbers are increased dramatically. So, there will be more going to Braehead that day? Like the rest of the negative stuff, nonsense.

Strathclyde Police estimate 8,000 will march, these figures will have come from the Grand lodge, maybe you know better though.

Incidently, I am not anti Catholic. My mates include Catholics, and they are sound.

Who suggested you were, why do you feel the need to tell me that?

I like the Protestant tradition, and Rangers are my Scottish team.

Rangers are my only team.

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

Rangers are a FOOTBALL club, not a religion or in any way affiliated to a religion. There is no place on a football field or any other sporting field for religion.

If you want to follow a religion, go to a church or whatever building your religion preaches in. If you want to see a game of football, go to a football park.

Every citizen on Earth has the right to follow whatever religion floats their boat. Just as they have the right to follow whatever football team they want.

If you look at all the troubles in the world, past and present and look at what's behind 90% of them... religion.

Religions cause more trouble than they solve. So to me, religion is good for absolutely nothing.

I dont know what age you are but religion for the most has been part of our club, but i feel you are one of the Murray babies. :)