Micah Richards gets swine Flu

ENGLAND soccer ace Micah Richards is stranded on a holiday island after being struck down with swine flu.

The Manchester City defender was BANNED from flying back to the UK after falling ill with the bug during a break in Cyprus.

He is virtually trapped in his hotel room for fear of spreading the virus. Yesterday he was spotted blowing his nose on his balcony.

Micah fell ill last weekend while staying with ten pals at a posh resort near party centre Ayia Napa.

Party centre ... Ayia Napia where Micah is stranded

Alamy

He was told to separate himself from friends after testing positive for the flu and moved into a five-star beach hotel nearby.

The star was due to jet back on Wednesday — but has been told he is not allowed to go until he gets a clean bill of health.

He is taking Tamiflu medication and now hopes to be well enough to fly tomorrow.

Last night Micah told The Sun: “At first I thought it was a really bad chest infection, or maybe alcohol poisoning.

Star ... Micah Richards in action

“I felt so weak that I couldn’t move or eat.

“My friends had to bring me drinks in bed.

“When I was told I had swine flu all sorts of things started going through my mind. You see on the news people dying of it.” Micah, 21, flew out to Cyprus after representing England in the UEFA Under-21 Championships in Sweden.

He added: “My club have been very understanding. I’ll get some stick from the lads when I do return — they will probably all turn up to training in surgical masks.”

But he warned: “No one out there is so fit and healthy they can’t catch swine flu. If I can get it, anyone can.”

Only 125 people in Cyprus have contracted swine flu, compared with more than 10,000 who have caught it in Britain.

Yesterday it was revealed Britain has the third worst swine flu toll in the world behind the US and Mexico.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...on-holiday.html

ENGLAND soccer ace Micah Richards is stranded on a holiday island after being struck down with swine flu.

The Manchester City defender was BANNED from flying back to the UK after falling ill with the bug during a break in Cyprus.

He is virtually trapped in his hotel room for fear of spreading the virus. Yesterday he was spotted blowing his nose on his balcony.

Micah fell ill last weekend while staying with ten pals at a posh resort near party centre Ayia Napa.

Party centre ... Ayia Napia where Micah is stranded

Alamy

He was told to separate himself from friends after testing positive for the flu and moved into a five-star beach hotel nearby.

The star was due to jet back on Wednesday — but has been told he is not allowed to go until he gets a clean bill of health.

He is taking Tamiflu medication and now hopes to be well enough to fly tomorrow.

Last night Micah told The Sun: “At first I thought it was a really bad chest infection, or maybe alcohol poisoning.

Star ... Micah Richards in action

“I felt so weak that I couldn’t move or eat.

“My friends had to bring me drinks in bed.

“When I was told I had swine flu all sorts of things started going through my mind. You see on the news people dying of it.” Micah, 21, flew out to Cyprus after representing England in the UEFA Under-21 Championships in Sweden.

He added: “My club have been very understanding. I’ll get some stick from the lads when I do return — they will probably all turn up to training in surgical masks.”

But he warned: “No one out there is so fit and healthy they can’t catch swine flu. If I can get it, anyone can.”

Only 125 people in Cyprus have contracted swine flu, compared with more than 10,000 who have caught it in Britain.

Yesterday it was revealed Britain has the third worst swine flu toll in the world behind the US and Mexico.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...on-holiday.html

:lol: :lol: