Building a pc

Jiggaman88

I really don't get what you're on about danny. The 8800 is a fucking beast of a card. I've went through tons of GPUs over the years and it has to be one of my faves.

Fast as fuck, cheap as hell and will easily run arma 2 at high levels as i play it myself.....

Shame arma 2 is pretty crap tho.

I'm actually thinking of taking it out of my older machine and putting it in my newer one as the my other GPU is fucking shit in it.

crysis full candy though? Even my pc struggled with crysis at times towards the end of the game

SLI/CF, quad core and DDR3 is crysis full candy.

Expensive and not really worth it. I made the mistake on spending 3 grand on a build a few years back. Never again.

8800 runs crysis very well. It will never run it full candy. But for that extra wee bit of shimmer in the water and so the gap in price to get that is unbelievable and really not worth it in the end.

I also wasn't even talking about crysis. I'm talking about the lack of respect for the card and what it can actually handle.

I really don't get what you're on about danny. The 8800 is a fucking beast of a card. I've went through tons of GPUs over the years and it has to be one of my faves.

Fast as fuck, cheap as hell and will easily run arma 2 at high levels as i play it myself.....

I'm actually thinking of taking it out of my older machine and putting it in my newer one as the my other GPU is fucking shit in it.

crysis full candy though? Even my pc struggled with crysis at times towards the end of the game

SLI/CF, quad core and DDR3 is crysis full candy.

Expensive and not really worth it. I made the mistake on spending 3 grand on a build a few years back. Never again.

8800 runs crysis very well. It will never run it full candy. But for that extra wee bit of shimmer in the water and so the gap in price to get that is unbelievable and really not worth it in the end.

I also wasn't even talking about crysis. I'm talking about the lack of respect for the card and what it can actually handle.

I know you werent but Jama was talking about the 8800GT running crysis full candy, is it the gt or gtx your talking about?

danny, your talking absolute fucking rubbish, i have crysis AND sims 3 and both run on full candy no problem. to say the PC i have is web based on a basic office system is absolute crazy and you know it.

The big Q is what size is your screen?

I have a water cooled set up running 295gtx with a i7-280 running just below 4.0.

My reason for so much power is my 30 inch screen its the best you can do to make gaming 10 times better but you need the power to run it at full rez.

Casecom Black Mid Tower Case

Extra Value 92mm Internal Cooling Fan In Black - 4pin Molex Connection

Inno3D 8500GT 1GB DDR2 128bit VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz) 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Seagate ST3250310AS 250GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 8MB Cache - OEM

Sumvision 450W 20+4pin SATA PSU - Retail Boxed 120674 115 in stock

LG GH22NS40 22X SATA DVD±RW/DL/RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM

Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Unbuffered Non-ECC Cl6 1.8V

That is My Specs on my PC and I run sims 3 with ease. My friend who has a lower spec laptop also runs it and my other laptop with a little lower spec runs it easily aswell.

1: I didn't say the 8800 was shit. Why are people attributing that quote to me.

2: Will it indeed? You do realise high end rigs struggle to run that game?

danny, your talking absolute fucking rubbish, i have crysis AND sims 3 and both run on full candy no problem. to say the PC i have is web based on a basic office system is absolute crazy and you know it.

:lol:

Whatever man, with reasoned debate such as this, clearly I'm outdone by a superior intellect :pipe:

You can't run crysis on full eye candy with 2gb of ram the computer would melt

No, no, it's running smooth as butter for him on his calculator-esque powered PC.

btw, I am in no way dissing someone with a more moderate PC, nothing wrong with that. I am, however, pouring cold water on claims it could run games with ease which high end rigs famously struggle with.

But that all said, I suppose if you put the settings to a particular level, dismiss certain graphical absences (such as resolution and FSAA) and play at 10fps which would be vaguely tolerable under duress, you could persuade yourself your rig is running the game no sweat.

Casecom Black Mid Tower Case

Extra Value 92mm Internal Cooling Fan In Black - 4pin Molex Connection

Inno3D 8500GT 1GB DDR2 128bit VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz) 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Seagate ST3250310AS 250GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 8MB Cache - OEM

Sumvision 450W 20+4pin SATA PSU - Retail Boxed 120674 115 in stock

LG GH22NS40 22X SATA DVD±RW/DL/RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM

Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Unbuffered Non-ECC Cl6 1.8V

That is My Specs on my PC and I run sims 3 with ease. My friend who has a lower spec laptop also runs it and my other laptop with a little lower spec runs it easily aswell.

I love how my name-dropping of Arma 2, Sims 3 and Crysis has seen all sorts of angry objections :)

The big Q is what size is your screen?

I have a water cooled set up running 295gtx with a i7-280 running just below 4.0.

My reason for so much power is my 30 inch screen its the best you can do to make gaming 10 times better but you need the power to run it at full rez.

i have a 19" LCD widesceen mate

LOL whatever danny there's no point in even arguying it as you always have to have the last word.

I run Arma 2 on my 8800gt, all at high @ 1680 by 1050.

But whatever you obviously know better even tho i'm actually sitting here playing it on my 8800GT pc and looking at the video settings right this very min.

But yeah. It doesn't run on high end pcs so i must be bullshitting.

Maybe they're meaning the 1500 AI firefights? People that have to OC their PCs to even get it too run? Maybe that's it ehh?

Then yeah my PC wouldn't run that.

I'm talking about the lack of respect for the card

doh

It's an inanimate video card, not a nobel prize winner ffs :D

I respect any good quality componet that i have ever come across in my life. Be it at my work or in my PC. Why do you have to use the comment as a piss take?

8800 is a very solid card. One of the best i've ever used.

ive got a 8800gt 3gb ram and a 19in lcd and i can tell you now,ive seen way better pc's than mine struggle for anything over medium on crysis,i run it at 1440x900 res all settings medium no aa with motion blurr down to about 1/4 way and i get about 30 fps,and i know for a fact that 2x8800gt's wont even run it at very high settings (dx10)with any aa on so any of you sayin full eye candy on this and that are talkin out your arse with an 8800gt :)

for once i agree with danny

When Crysis came out no GPU could play it full including the 8800gtx and even now high end rigs struggle with it.

It doesn't matter if its a wee bit more reflection etc, it's the benchmark and isn't able to run it on full at a good fps.

When Crysis came out no GPU could play it full including the 8800gtx and even now high end rigs struggle with it.

It doesn't matter if its a wee bit more reflection etc, it's the benchmark and isn't able to run it on full at a good fps.

I struggled with my 8800gtx in sli but also the drivers were very bad for ages to get Crysis running good.

I cant get ammar 2 running right on my pc as the wee guy just keeps running forward havnt a clue whats causing unpluged keybord mouse etc still does it so i cant even play it long enough to enjoy it.

I'm talking about the lack of respect for the card

doh

It's an inanimate video card, not a nobel prize winner ffs :D

I respect any good quality componet that i have ever come across in my life. Be it at my work or in my PC. Why do you have to use the comment as a piss take?

Because it was absurd. And to respect inanimate objects in their own right (as opposed to not vomiting on a bible in a church or smashing a vase in a museum) is absolutely laughable.

LOL whatever danny there's no point in even arguying it as you always have to have the last word.

I run Arma 2 on my 8800gt, all at high @ 1680 by 1050.

But whatever you obviously know better even tho i'm actually sitting here playing it on my 8800GT pc and looking at the video settings right this very min.

But yeah. It doesn't run on high end pcs so i must be bullshitting.

Your words not mine. I'll say no more here and let you get 'the last word' you're so desperate for.

ive got a 8800gt 3gb ram and a 19in lcd and i can tell you now,ive seen way better pc's than mine struggle for anything over medium on crysis,i run it at 1440x900 res all settings medium no aa with motion blurr down to about 1/4 way and i get about 30 fps,and i know for a fact that 2x8800gt's wont even run it at very high settings (dx10)with any aa on so any of you sayin full eye candy on this and that are talkin out your arse with an 8800gt :)

for once i agree with danny

The earth falls off its axis :lol:

]

Because it was absurd. And to respect inanimate objects in their own right (as opposed to not vomiting on a bible in a church or smashing a vase in a museum) is absolutely laughable.

I respect my iMac :P

]

I respect my iMac :P

There must be a 'silicon respect' club I know nothing about :pipe: