***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

eli-peyton-manning.jpg

Didn't realize its the Manning brothers both in the NFL! :praise:

Both have won Superbowl rings too

Thats amazing with which teams?

Do they not get medals just a ring? :mellow:

With their current teams. Peyton and the Colts won the 2007 Superbowl against the Chicago Bears. The next year Eli won with the Giants against the Patriots who were undefeated during the rest of the season. Yeah they get rings not medals.

Highlander05- Seattle Seahawks

MacHoffio- Seattle Seahawks

Brissyger- San Francisco 49ers

Gordo7- San Francisco 49ers

Bad news for all yous guys :(

Yes and no. I was always expecting Cardinals to win the division. I was expecting a wild card at best from the 49ers but that looks out of reach after the loss to the Seahawks.

yeah, didnt expect to beat cardinals to division, just sweet beating 49ers all the same :craphead:

Not half taking the opportunity to gloat tonight are you? :lol:

Only positive I can take from that game is that Alex Smith is continuing to get yardage. If he continues to improve then we can strengthen in other areas in the off-season.

i'm a seattle fan, other than against st louis rams, this is like the limited chance i'll have to gloat this season.

In all seriousness though, Smith and Vernon Davis were strong points for you, also the defence out of momentary lapses was pretty strong for 49ers to.

Yeah Davis has been the go-to guy for a while in the air. Like I said if Smith keeps improving and Crabtree starts developing as well 49ers will finally start being a bit of a threat in the air instead of having to rely entirely on the ground game and defence.

49ers and Seahawks have had mirror seasosn really. 49ers started really well especially with the win over the Cardinals and I had real hopes for the playoffs but despite playing pretty well they haven't got the results the last few weeks. Seahawks started poorly this year but they've really turned it around.

Davis is a physical freak of nature, he's TE and apparently fastest player in the team.

Seahawks i had hopes of play offs but as per usualy with seahawks over last few seasons, the squad is good enough to win, but always seem to be filled with injuries.

I think i expected a little more out of our passing game. Branch, Burleson and Houshmanzadeh are definetly a good receiving core and Hasselbeck is a good QB, but the injuries to o-line and hasselbeck himself have really messed it up. West Coast offense is really based on timing of the throws etc, so the injuries really stop the rhythm :(

Just looking there how the Cardinals QB was released then went to Europe and was then picked back up for the NFL.

Shame they stopped the Euro NFL (td) (td)

It is a shame, but tbh it was really lacking a strong fanbase, it just wasn't sustainable.

Real shame.

What was Scotlands team like and did they ever win the Euro NFL?

Davis is a physical freak of nature, he's TE and apparently fastest player in the team.

Seahawks i had hopes of play offs but as per usualy with seahawks over last few seasons, the squad is good enough to win, but always seem to be filled with injuries.

I think i expected a little more out of our passing game. Branch, Burleson and Houshmanzadeh are definetly a good receiving core and Hasselbeck is a good QB, but the injuries to o-line and hasselbeck himself have really messed it up. West Coast offense is really based on timing of the throws etc, so the injuries really stop the rhythm :(

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 40 yard dash at the combine, which is unbelievable for a guy whose 6'3 250lbs!

Just looking there how the Cardinals QB was released then went to Europe and was then picked back up for the NFL.

Shame they stopped the Euro NFL (td) (td)

It is a shame, but tbh it was really lacking a strong fanbase, it just wasn't sustainable.

Real shame.

What was Scotlands team like and did they ever win the Euro NFL?

yeah they won the "world bowl" nfl europes equivalent of the superbowl in 1996 against frankfurt.

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 40 yard dash at the combine, which is unbelievable for a guy whose 6'3 250lbs!

i seen a clip on nfl.com of him during preseason showing some of his work outs, and the guy is insanely well built.

That's nuts! The guy is the star of the 49ers receiving game. Hopefully we can keep hold of him and he remains injury free.

eli-peyton-manning.jpg

Didn't realize its the Manning brothers both in the NFL! :praise:

Both have won Superbowl rings too

Thats amazing with which teams?

Do they not get medals just a ring? :mellow:

With their current teams. Peyton and the Colts won the 2007 Superbowl against the Chicago Bears. The next year Eli won with the Giants against the Patriots who were undefeated during the rest of the season. Yeah they get rings not medals.

The rings are specially designed and worth a lot of money

http://jewelry.about.com/od/famousjewels/s...bowl_ring_7.htm

Highlander05- Seattle Seahawks

MacHoffio- Seattle Seahawks

Brissyger- San Francisco 49ers

Gordo7- San Francisco 49ers

Bad news for all yous guys :(

Yes and no. I was always expecting Cardinals to win the division. I was expecting a wild card at best from the 49ers but that looks out of reach after the loss to the Seahawks.

yeah, didnt expect to beat cardinals to division, just sweet beating 49ers all the same :craphead:

Not half taking the opportunity to gloat tonight are you? :lol:

Only positive I can take from that game is that Alex Smith is continuing to get yardage. If he continues to improve then we can strengthen in other areas in the off-season.

i'm a seattle fan, other than against st louis rams, this is like the limited chance i'll have to gloat this season.

In all seriousness though, Smith and Vernon Davis were strong points for you, also the defence out of momentary lapses was pretty strong for 49ers to.

Actually followed the Seahawks for a long time as my "second" team, before they got moved into the same division as the Rams (and got that crappy uniform update. ;) Blue pants, helmets & jersey = (td) ).

Surely theres more a fan base now?

there is a growing fan base, but the quality of play etc in nfl europe was no where near like watching nfl, so i think alot of people got bored with it quick and just stuck to nfl.

Yeah man shame ;)

Would be pretty fun having a go at American Football :craphead:

patriots_XXXVIII.jpg

And the rings look amazing just im so used to medals I'd want a medal :praise:

200807111726628001416-pf.hmedium.jpg

Manning family of Football. Pretty sweet, just read his first son was also good but ended up with some spinal disease. (td)

Archie Manning is from Mississippi, played for and graduated from the University of Mississippi (known as Ole Miss), was drafted by the New Orleans Saints and played for them until 1982 before moving to the Houston Oilers (one year) and finishing his NFL career playing for the Minnesota Vikings (one year).

Manning family of Football. Pretty sweet, just read his first son was also good but ended up with some spinal disease. (td)

Archie Manning is from Mississippi, played for and graduated from the University of Mississippi (known as Ole Miss), was drafted by the New Orleans Saints and played for them until 1982 before moving to the Houston Oilers (one year) and finishing his NFL career playing for the Minnesota Vikings (one year).

Peyton Manning is he NFL's David Beckham?

I am not sure if Peyton can bend like Beckham. ;):pipe:

In a way, he is, and he is a great gentleman.

I just got the feeling he was the big hit in the NFL scenes he's in all the add's and is the best QB?

I just got the feeling he was the big hit in the NFL scenes he's in all the add's and is the best QB?

Eli is in a lot of the Ads with him, there has even been an Ad with the three of them. :lol: