1992/1993 Champions League Run - memories

Just watched the 5 in a row Video there for the 1st time in years and it still annoys me 16 years later how close we were to making the Champions League Final

One more goal than night and Marseille and we would've been there.

Was my first year as a season ticket holder (remember thinking every year was goin gto be like this :blush: ...........) and went to all the home games in the run, including Lyngby and Leeds, but was too young to travel.

Would be interested to hear the memories we have of that campaign - especially those that travelled to places like Bochum and Lyngby and huge numbers.

For me the my own personal favourite moment of that campaign was Nesbit's freakish goal against Bruges and the feeling that maybe, just maybe, we might go all the way

went to 9 of the 10 games missed out on cksa in bochum as the company i was to travel with cancelled the flight the day before game

lyngby was weird as we had more fans than them at parken stadion

leeds was surreal as we had no fans at elland rd except the few hundred who paid over the odds for tickets or arranged a swap with leeds fans who were also banned from going to ibrox

bruges was freezing and game only passed a pitch inspection about 5pm

marseille was great as we went on the bus and had some great laughs on the way

was all in a cracking experiance and some really happy memories of all the games

went to 9 of the 10 games missed out on cksa in bochum as the company i was to travel with cancelled the flight the day before game

lyngby was weird as we had more fans than them at parken stadion

leeds was surreal as we had no fans at elland rd except the few hundred who paid over the odds for tickets or arranged a swap with leeds fans who were also banned from going to ibrox

bruges was freezing and game only passed a pitch inspection about 5pm

marseille was great as we went on the bus and had some great laughs on the way

was all in a cracking experiance and some really happy memories of all the games

Excellent Memory Power.

im too young to remember this but like yourself i saw it on the 9 in a ro dvd's if i remeber correctly did marseille cheat,could some of the older bears tell me a bit about what happened that year id love to find out more

im too young to remember this but like yourself i saw it on the 9 in a ro dvd's if i remeber correctly did marseille cheat,could some of the older bears tell me a bit about what happened that year id love to find out more

It was bribes I think they were found guilty, but no Champions League Replay.

there was a bribery conviction regarding the the president of marseille bernard tapie and most were convinced he had bribed cska and some refs during this campaign

there was a bribery conviction regarding the the president of marseille bernard tapie and most were convinced he had bribed cska and some refs during this campaign

Was that ever proven? I know they got done for bribing a team in the French League just before the final against Milan but I dont think it was ever proven against CSKA

A bit spooky how they managed to pump them 6-0 though given that CSKA gave us two hard games

Was that ever proven? I know they got done for bribing a team in the French League just before the final against Milan but I dont think it was ever proven against CSKA

A bit spooky how they managed to pump them 6-0 though given that CSKA gave us two hard games

im not sure but if you look at the team they had they would have beat most teams on theyre day which proved how good rangers were at the time when over the 2 games we couldnt be seperated and if only mcswegan hadnt missed that late chance in veliodrome who knows what might have been