PS3 out this month.

trueblue1872

The PS3 is a complete rip-off, having looked into box the PS3 and Xbox 360, basically the only difference in major parts is PS3 uses blu-ray and Xbox 360 uses HD-DVD. The processors, graphics chips etc are Identical same manufacturer everything.

It remains to be seen which out of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is going to win out of this battle. but is the whole VHS vs Betamax battle is anything to go by then HD-DVD will win as its not backed by Sony.

Thing is mate an xbox 360 doesn't come with HD DVD drive. Just comes with a bog standard DVD drive(You need to pay for a HD DVD drive separately and that comes to about 130 quid). The only reason you would buy the HD DVD drive is for watching HD dvds. Microsoft aren't releasing games on HD DVDS.

The PS3 Comes with a Blu Ray drive (which would cost something like 400 quid to buy alone) plus the ps3 games you will buy will be on blu ray disks.

I just saw a commercial for some new racing game. I assumed it was for Playstation 2 because the graphics were rank average, and looked about 3 years old at best.

Turned out to be for PS3. I nearly choked on my Pizza.

Picking up my Ps3 tomorrow will give update on it then.

Going to get it chip as soon as a chip is out and hopefully put a massive hd on it and load it up with games that are on the nbz sites now.

Where abouts are you getting that mate?

I just saw a commercial for some new racing game. I assumed it was for Playstation 2 because the graphics were rank average, and looked about 3 years old at best.

Saw that game aswell danny it didt look to great, or a great game either. As most machines i think it usually takes a while before we start seeing the true potential.

With regards to chipping davy1shoe i dont know what this will be like. If you want to play copied(oh sorry back-uped) games on the xbox360 you have to flash it and then it you go onto xbox live you get banned(the credit card subscription does) so at the mo it looks like you can either play online or cheap games.

I will go for the cheap games as since i got my swap magic disc for ps2 i havent looked back

:lol:

Holy Crap!

The immediate response from the crowd was a mixture of cheers and confusion - a sort of collective, "Whooo... Ooo... Er, What?" But yes, Maguire said, Sony was giving away 125 top-of-the-range televisions worth around GBP 2000 each, adding, "Every single one of you in this queue is going to get one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74493

:mellow:

:lol:

I've been hearing that that game looks very average but some other games such as resistance are amazing.

Cant see many great games coming out in the first half year or so. Not to worry though the PS2 was the same. What does worry me is the price. Sony need to pull their finger out on that one. Every company makes a loss on the actual machine - the profit's in selling games.

The PS3 needs time.

IMO it was rushed out too soon but it had to be done. They couldn't let the 360 get to far ahead.

TBH i'm about 99% sure the ps3 will come out on top. It's really is the only true next gen console out there.

The price is steep but when people see what it can do in the next year or so everyone will be wanting one.