Support the online petition to Lloyds Banking Group

boss

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if its been suggested as I've not been through the whole thread, but we could all paste this into our Bebo & Facebook Profiles.

I have lots of friends who don't support Rangers, but hey, they don't support the banks either!

Excellent Idea

I did play with the idea of creating a myspace for the cause...depends on how much time I have though.

Once the family are fed after school and I get peace I may put something together :rolleyes:

Don't know if its been suggested as I've not been through the whole thread, but we could all paste this into our Bebo & Facebook Profiles.

I have lots of friends who don't support Rangers, but hey, they don't support the banks either!

Excellent Idea

I did play with the idea of creating a myspace for the cause...depends on how much time I have though.

Once the family are fed after school and I get peace I may put something together :rolleyes:

I'm gonna post it on the bowls forum, thousands of members, and a lot of them know me and should sign it for us.

Even all the English lads!

Let's fire a warning shot across their bows - we won't take their crap lying down.

http://www.petitiononline.com/gers52/petition.html

Please copy this across to all other forums and forward the link to every bluenose in your addressbook.

Wording of the petition:

We, loyal supporters of The Rangers Football Club, express our dismay at the apparent lack of support given by the Lloyds Banking Group to our Club. We appeal to your commercial good sense (to the extent that such still exists within your discredited, 43% state-owned company) to continue to provide Rangers with the necessary facilities to ensure our success. We will have no hesitation in calling for a nationwide boycott of all your brands should such support be withdrawn: Lloyds TSB, Bank of Scotland, Halifax, C&G, Black Horse, Intelligent Finance, Scottish Widows, Clerical Medical, Birmingham Midshires, Lex, St James's Place Bank, Insight Investment.

Signed it said with the pressure they are putting on my club as i have both a personal and business account with them i will closing / moving my accounts elsewhere might not do much good but neither will sitting on our hands well done Rangers till i Die !!!

Fantastic Stuff

I am altering an old Myspace account and will put all the info up on it and increase the friend list over the week.

myspace.com/w3sounds

I may change all the colours and will throw up links to the petition, release bulletins, Blogs, any photos anyone has or banners made and links to Rangersmedia obviously.

If folks have template letters to send to banks or other material I can use, I will throw it up on there. (tu) (tu)

This will achieve nothing. Best to put our efforts into something which will work.

Like??

Get the ideas laid out then instead of dismissing what peole are already doing

For the Club, no.

But the people signing it will probably get a nice warm feeling that they're 'doing something'.

Ah you again...full of the joys of the world aren't you, if not asking admin to ban new accounts because they have an alternative opinion you are slating those who are actually trying to do something. We are not worthy lord :praise: :praise:

Get your fookin ideas down then instead of mocking your fellow fans :sherlock:

This will achieve nothing. Best to put our efforts into something which will work.

Yes, you're right - what a fool I feel for taking all that time and effort to sign the petition.

You probably spent more time writing that post - don't see that helping much either

Yes, you're right - what a fool I feel for taking all that time and effort to sign the petition.

You probably spent more time writing that post - don't see that helping much either

Exactly (tu) (tu)

Such as putting pressure on the Assembly and the RST, the only credible Rangers fan groups, to come together and make a strongly-worded statement on behalf of the Rangers support.

Signing a daft fucking petition might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside thinking you have saved the club, but in reality it does absolutely nothing. Online petitions are a guranteed failure and most won't make it off of the webiste they are on. Have a look at the comments and names, do you think the bank would take something like this seriously?

Don't be so silly.

Such as putting pressure on the Assembly and the RST, the only credible Rangers fan groups, to come together and make a strongly-worded statement on behalf of the Rangers support.

Signing a daft fucking petition might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside thinking you have saved the club, but in reality it does absolutely nothing. Online petitions are a guranteed failure and most won't make it off of the webiste they are on. Have a look at the comments and names, do you think the bank would take something like this seriously?

Don't be so silly.

It's been hijacked by the tims, the best idea as Blue is the colour said is through the fans groups.

Don't be so silly.

So have you began contacting the Assembly and the RST buddy??? How about you do that now if you can be bothered while the 577 people feeling all fuzzy and warm get on with giving this a bash eh?

Take it you never signed and supported the fellow members of this forum who have taken the time to do so.

Regardless if it works or not...you can at least try instead of having such a defeatist attitude toward it all

Will you sign?

Don't be so silly.

It's been hijacked by the tims, the best idea as Blue is the colour said is through the fans groups.

Only the first 200 were, the rest is being screened (tu)

Have you been in touch with them to put pressure on them to come together? When is the meeting?

Have you drafted a statement for release and emailed it to them? Can we see a copy?