Man City sniffing about Hiddink

Jimbo.

City make Hiddink approach - Agent

Manchester City have made enquiries about the future of highly-rated coach Guus Hiddink, according to the Russia manager's representative.

Hiddink_2386533.jpg Hiddink: Russia future is unclear

Current Eastlands boss Mark Hughes is under increasing pressure after his side slipped to eighth in the Premier League following Wednesday's defeat at Tottenham.

City were comfortably beaten 3-0 at White Hart Lane to cast doubts over their top-four credentials and the security of their manager's job.

Hiddink, alongside Roberto Mancini and Jose Mourinho, has been installed among the favourites to replace Hughes if City owner Sheikh Mansour decides to act

And the Dutchman's agent, Cees Van Nieuwenhuizen, told the Daily Telegraph when asked if he has spoken to the English club's chief executive Garry Cook: "Yes, I did.

"But Guus is happy with Russia. Definitely. I had a call because I have been working with Garry for 12 years since we worked together at Nike.

"But I have received calls from all over the world about Guus. There has also been an approach from Juventus.

"He (Cook) asked me if it would be worthwhile having a meeting to discuss the future and what might happen next summer. But I told him that Guus was contracted to Russia.

"I said I didn't think it was worth having a meeting. Guus is very relaxed. He starts his holiday tomorrow and in January there are elections for a new president for the Russian Federation.

"He is contracted until next summer but there is an offer for him to stay for two more years, and I think he will definitely stay."

Van Nieuwenhuizen claims City did not go into detail regarding a potential role for Hiddink, adding: "I don't know because I said it was not worth discussing it because Guus was happy."

Reports suggest Hiddink, who guided Chelsea to an FA Cup win as interim manager in the second half of last season, is prepared to consider his future in February

Hiddink is a fantastic manager. Was the reason behind Australia's success at the last World Cup.

And South Korea in 2002.

Exactly. I think they were two of his greatest accomplishments despite the fact he never actually won anything.