Who Is Your Best?

Iserdo

Wee Willie Henderson, Jim Forrest, Colin Stein, Davie Cooper and Brian Laudrup all made the hair on the back of my neck stand up but the best of them all was the one and only Willie Bud Johnston, a fantastic footballer, who could dribble around the whole other team and then do it again for fun. He was fast as billy whizz and he could stoat the ball as hard as anyone. He was brave and cocky, I seen Bud sit on the ball in a European cup semi final vs Bayern Munich. In my eyes wee Bud was the best

There were many many great Rangers. The best I have seen was Jim Baxter. A generation before me might have picked on some of the earlier greats as there were many in the early 20th century ie Alan Morton.

In more modern times there was Gazza and Laudrup, the Goalie, and others.

Hard to choose one but for me it is slim Jim Baxter.

Not old enough to have seen Baxter in the flesh but from the videos I have seen of him he was brilliant!

http://www.kabrna.com/marsh/row63.htm

To be picked alongside the likes of Yashin, Di Stefano, Pele, Puskas, Gento etc.. you would have to be something special. Just wish he never broke his leg or he would have been some player for years.

He really is the top Rangers player out of them all that I wish I could go back and see.