Walter is an SPL man, PLG a man for Europe

he's gone, couldn't cut in the league that mattered

we'll never know, too many panicked

drawing or losing every 2nd or 3rd league game isn't good enough, no matter if its his first season or not.

You may be right you may be wrong, but from what I heard he wasnt going to commit past the end of the season, so the whole thing would have been irrelivant

you are agaij correct, but last night exposed what we knew. This team will need major investment

You may be right you may be wrong, but from what I heard he wasnt going to commit past the end of the season, so the whole thing would have been irrelivant

you are agaij correct, but last night exposed what we knew. This team will need major investment

Yes the team needs major reinvestment and I can only thank the heavens that it is not PLG being asked to decide where that investment goes. I understand why there are those that feel he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip but just looking at every last one of his signings should be enough to be thankful that he is no longer leading us. Of all the bad memories PLG gave us the players he thought were good enough to play for Rangers must be the most glaring evidence of his misjudgement.

He is gone, its a good thing, can we just get over it..

he's gone, couldn't cut in the league that mattered

we'll never know, too many panicked

drawing or losing every 2nd or 3rd league game isn't good enough, no matter if its his first season or not.

That's the kind of attitude that would have got Alex Ferguson and Howard Kendall the sack.

all very well being unbeaten in europe, but if your league form means you wont even qualify then what's the point? And its not like he had us beating any decent teams in Europe, we played some right diddies

We were 2nd in the league and were beating all the bigger teams - Hibs, Hearts, Celtic almost if it wasn't for Boruc, Aberdeen, etc. Too bad some of the weaker fans panicked and got him sacked.

£2M for Thomson yet he's started as many games as Sebo and done much less.

We were on a worse run than John f*cken Barnes, says it all for me. The league is our bread and butter, we were beaten by some very p*sh teams. Le Guen had to go, is gone and we move on!

I said it earlier in the thread and will say it again, the standard of player PLG brought in was worse than any previous manager, even the ginger genius brought a couple of decent signings... PLG bought absolutley terribly. Sebo for 1.8 million may very well be the worst signing EVER. Sionko, Ponroy, Stanger, Letizi, Papac, Svensson, Clement, Bardsley and that other Man U winger whose name escapes me.... THAT was our future??? Also getting rid of Barry Ferguson and marginalising Kris Boyd and chasing out Chris Burke?

To say we almost beat Celtic if it wasn't for Boruc is just a silly statement, we got beat off the weaker teams, we got knocked out of both domestic cups by lesser teams.... like Scotland under Vogts there was no indication that we were improving at any stage and PLG knew it and lost his bottle and decided to get out while he still had a reputation worth saving....

Unfortunately the PLG tenure was disastrous by anyones definition and it was ended not before time. I was very optimistic about what he was going to achieve, I laid out 500 quid on Rangers winning the league this season under PLG, I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone... he didn't... its over.. its history.. It was 3 months ago, we have a new manager and he has brought stability to the club and given us a wee bit of pride back...

Can't we just consign PLG's dark reign to history and move on???

We were 2nd in the league and were beating all the bigger teams - Hibs, Hearts, Celtic almost if it wasn't for Boruc, Aberdeen, etc. Too bad some of the weaker fans panicked and got him sacked.

£2M for Thomson yet he's started as many games as Sebo and done much less.

just sighned thomson and he has been injured, sebo signed ages ago, not been injured and still couldnt get a game when some of our strikers were injured

I said it earlier in the thread and will say it again, the standard of player PLG brought in was worse than any previous manager, even the ginger genius brought a couple of decent signings... PLG bought absolutley terribly. Sebo for 1.8 million may very well be the worst signing EVER. Sionko, Ponroy, Stanger, Letizi, Papac, Svensson, Clement, Bardsley and that other Man U winger whose name escapes me.... THAT was our future??? Also getting rid of Barry Ferguson and marginalising Kris Boyd and chasing out Chris Burke?

To say we almost beat Celtic if it wasn't for Boruc is just a silly statement, we got beat off the weaker teams, we got knocked out of both domestic cups by lesser teams.... like Scotland under Vogts there was no indication that we were improving at any stage and PLG knew it and lost his bottle and decided to get out while he still had a reputation worth saving....

Unfortunately the PLG tenure was disastrous by anyones definition and it was ended not before time. I was very optimistic about what he was going to achieve, I laid out 500 quid on Rangers winning the league this season under PLG, I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone... he didn't... its over.. its history.. It was 3 months ago, we have a new manager and he has brought stability to the club and given us a wee bit of pride back...

Can't we just consign PLG's dark reign to history and move on???

(tu)

all very well being unbeaten in europe, but if your league form means you wont even qualify then what's the point? And its not like he had us beating any decent teams in Europe, we played some right diddies

unlike of course that outstanding Hapoel team who cuffed us in Israel.

There's none so blind.

we have had as many poor performances under WS as good ones.