UFC 109

Polo

Coleman was absolutely ding and really made Couture look good. What next for Randy?? Possible title shot against the winner of Machida v Shogun 2? Or will that fall to the winner of Evans v Rampage...

Hadn't seen too much of Chael Sonnen before his fight with Nate the Great but he looked really impressive - although possibly vulnerable to submissions against a superior BJJ fighter. Great chin so it will be interesting to see how he'd fare against Anderson Silva.

Great performances by Serra and Thiago too (tu)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy may get the title shot, but Evans and Rampage are first in-line I think.

Chael Sonnen runs his mouth a lot, says Anderson Silva is a fraud etc etc. but is a good fighter. He smashed Marquardt which I was pleased to see.

Rolles Gracie gassed after 3 mins and was an embarrassment.

Enjoyed Serra picking up the win, was gutted at seeing Sonnen beating Marquadt think if there was a 4th round then Marquadt would have finished him.

The Gracie fight was embarassing, he was fighting a guy that stepped in on a week's notice yet it looked the other way round.

Ortiz after the Coleman-Couture fight was an arsehole with his comments to Coleman. Ortiz is a guy who comes up with excuses before he even fights, would love it if Coleman battered him in a fight.

thought this card was crap to be honest, preferred the strikeforce card better last week. manoef is a monster if he learns to be a bit more patient and keep the hands up, daft twat.

Manhoef has been around for years and hasn't changed his game at all, don't keep your hopes up.

Coleman was absolutely ding and really made Couture look good. What next for Randy?? Possible title shot against the winner of Machida v Shogun 2? Or will that fall to the winner of Evans v Rampage...

Hadn't seen too much of Chael Sonnen before his fight with Nate the Great but he looked really impressive - although possibly vulnerable to submissions against a superior BJJ fighter. Great chin so it will be interesting to see how he'd fare against Anderson Silva.

Great performances by Serra and Thiago too (tu)

Randy has a few names to go before getting a title shot, to name but a few:

Rampage, Rashad, Thiago Silva, Shogun, Bader..

Yeah Rampage or Evans will be next in line for a shot at Machida if he beats Shogun again. Machida will be a different fighter after hand surgery. I think he'll put Shogun away in the first.

Chael Sonnen is a beast! To man handle a guy of Marquardt's calibur with such ease shows just how good he is. I'm Anderson Silva's biggest fan and I think Sonnen will be more than a handful for him.

Enjoyed Serra picking up the win, was gutted at seeing Sonnen beating Marquadt think if there was a 4th round then Marquadt would have finished him.

The Gracie fight was embarassing, he was fighting a guy that stepped in on a week's notice yet it looked the other way round.

Ortiz after the Coleman-Couture fight was an arsehole with his comments to Coleman. Ortiz is a guy who comes up with excuses before he even fights, would love it if Coleman battered him in a fight.

Agreed, shame he looks over 60 and shouldn't be in the ring despite his impressive performance against Shogun and his win over the American Psycho.

sonnen has no chance with silva, henderson is way better allround than sonnen and look what happened to him, but just for the pure wrestler, and a better one than gsp, i will like to see how this goes just to see if gsp could compete with silva

thought this card was crap to be honest, preferred the strikeforce card better last week. manoef is a monster if he learns to be a bit more patient and keep the hands up, daft twat.

Manhoef is a great striker ala most dutch fighters but put him in against any guy with basic ground and he's like a duck out of water. Manheof will never be anything but an average fighter. He's good to watch due to the rapid strikes but still sloppy, lacking ground and therefore average..... He had Robbie Lawler in a mess and still got caught from nowhere.. Anyone can get tagged but that was slack.

On that Strikeforce event, how good is Nick Diaz getting!!!!!!!!!

sonnen has no chance with silva, henderson is way better allround than sonnen and look what happened to him, but just for the pure wrestler, and a better one than gsp, i will like to see how this goes just to see if gsp could compete with silva

You're probably right the Spider is in a different league but Sonnen has serious relentless g&p like GSP, Henderson doesn't fight like that, he's a Greco guy. If Sonnen gets his hands on Silva anything can happen.

Manhoef is a great striker ala most dutch fighters but put him in against any guy with basic ground and he's like a duck out of water. Manheof will be better than average fighter. He had Robbie Lawler in a mess and still got caught from nowhere.. Anyone can get tagged but that was slack.

he still open to a good counterstriker, but yeah would like to see him back facing the likes of alves and thiago silva. manoef's leg kicks ouch to fuck. all he had to do was control the rest of that round and no way lawlor was coming back out, he was just about on one leg about 1 minute after the fight.

Aye those leg kicks were meaty!! Lawler looked like he'd need crutches.. The fight took a similar twist to Cung Le v Scott Smith on the previous SF event. Cung le dominates the whole fight then tires and get's Ko'd. The only difference is Manhoef wasn't even tired.

Manhoef is a great striker ala most dutch fighters but put him in against any guy with basic ground and he's like a duck out of water. Manheof will be better than average fighter. He had Robbie Lawler in a mess and still got caught from nowhere.. Anyone can get tagged but that was slack.

he still open to a good counterstriker, but yeah would like to see him back facing the likes of alves and thiago silva. manoef's leg kicks ouch to fuck. all he had to do was control the rest of that round and no way lawlor was coming back out, he was just about on one leg about 1 minute after the fight.

Shame they fight in a different organisation, I think Thiago Silva would nail him in 1 round.. Thiago Alves is a welterweight.

Shame they fight in a different organisation, I think Thiago Silva would nail him in 1 round.. Thiago Alves is a welterweight.

so is diaz and t silva, they all fight at 170 along with gsp and the two brits hardy and daley.

so is diaz and t silva, they all fight at 170 along with gsp and the two brits hardy and daley.

Thiago Silva is a light heavyweight mate. Fights at 205.

It was a decent event. Randy, Sonnen, Thiago, Serra and Davis all impressed.

Randy should fight Rich Franklin or Thiago Silva. He would get destroyed by Machida or Shogun.

Franklin's not a bad shout. I think Thiago Silva would be too much for Randy too. Who knows though, he's still good even at 95. :D

Nick Diaz isn't up to much, he was fighting an average fighter(who has lost twice to Che Mills), he would be lucky to be top 6 or 7 in the UFC. Too many fighters would destroy him at welterweight.

Not sure how the LHW title will shape up as if Machida and Evans win I don't think Evans would have a chance again. Sonnen will be destroyed by Anderson Silva not sure if he even deserves a title shot. Maia subbed him in less than 3 minutes but I guess there is no-one else. Unless Belfort wins and there is an immediate rematch.

Nick Diaz isn't up to much, he was fighting an average fighter(who has lost twice to Che Mills), he would be lucky to be top 6 or 7 in the UFC. Too many fighters would destroy him at welterweight.

Not sure how the LHW title will shape up as if Machida and Evans win I don't think Evans would have a chance again. Sonnen will be destroyed by Anderson Silva not sure if he even deserves a title shot. Maia subbed him in less than 3 minutes but I guess there is no-one else. Unless Belfort wins and there is an immediate rematch.

lol Diaz has been running through his opponents. Frank Shamrock is getting on a bit but he's not easy fight. He fucked up Scott Smith too. Nick Diaz is a quality fighter. There's a reason why he's not lost since 2007 and even that was only a stoppage due to cuts. Granted he's no GSP but I think he'd be in the mix in the UFC.

Getting subbed Maia is no disgrace, Maia is one of the most decorated Jits guys in the game.

I didn't say that it was a disgrace to be tapped out by Maia, it's just unfortunate that out of the other top guys Maia, Marquadt and Sonnen all have beaten each other which dilutes their records and claim to being no.1 contender.

Welterweight is probably the worst division for Strikeforce, IMO all of these guys would beat Nick Diaz:

Thiago Alvez

Carlos Condit

Paul Daley

Jon Fitch

Dan Hardy

Dustin Hazelett

Matt Hughes

Martin Kampmann

Josh Koscheck

Ben Saunders

Matt Serra

GSP

Mike Swick

Paolo Thiago

IMO of course plus Diaz would actually be properly drug tested too.

I didn't say that it was a disgrace to be tapped out by Maia, it's just unfortunate that out of the other top guys Maia, Marquadt and Sonnen all have beaten each other which dilutes their records and claim to being no.1 contender.

Welterweight is probably the worst division for Strikeforce, IMO all of these guys would beat Nick Diaz:

Thiago Alvez

Carlos Condit

Paul Daley

Jon Fitch

Dan Hardy

Dustin Hazelett

Matt Hughes

Martin Kampmann

Josh Koscheck

Ben Saunders

Matt Serra

GSP

Mike Swick

Paolo Thiago

IMO of course plus Diaz would actually be properly drug tested too.

I'm sure Marius Žaromskis, Scott Smith, Frank Shamrock , Thomas Denny, Muhsin Corbbrey, Katsuya Inoue all thought they'd beat Nick Diaz too.