Rangers vs Carloway

MisterC

Team from the Western Isles I mind we played in the mid-90's for some reason. Was anyone there and if so what was the occasion and was there anything notewrthy about the game?

1991 to open their pitch - we sent a youth team - our team was

Rangers XI 1991. L-R: Shaun Rouse, John Morrow, David Bowman, Craig Flannigan, Levi Smith, David Hagen, John Walker, Rodney Paterson, Stephen Watson, Danny Donnachie, Steven Pressley

Amazing how many of these guys I recognise since I live in their "catchment area". Some good pics of these guys from years ago. There was a Rangers XI up here a couple of years ago to open Point's pitch but it was a horrendous night which affected the attendance. Couldn't tell you the score though I'm afraid. Even then Pressley didn't look as if he was interested in being a Gers player.

Staffin Loyal

I've seen Rangers play three times in Lewis.

In 1985 they played against Lochs FC at Goathill Park, Stornoway to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Rangers team included Andy Bruce,Davie McFarlane,Billy Davies,Iain Durrant,Andy Kennedy and Robert Fleck.

In 1991 they played Carloway FC opening their new pitch. One player that stood out in that game was Steven Pressley. Carloway have a pretty decent set up in Lewis football terms having arguably the best pitch on the island,decent changing rooms and a pretty decent support by Lewis standards. Now they need to win silverware

Most recently on a wet and windy night they played Point FC again opening their new pitch.All I can remember about the game was trying to stay dry and warm, the horrendous mistake by the Rangers goalie to gift Point an equaliser and the size of the crowd on an absoluetly awful night.

Rangers also played against a North Uist side in the 1980s. Maybe someone on here can remember that game?

<!--quoteo(post=1057696066:date=Feb 13 2010, 06:25 PM:name=MisterC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MisterC @ Feb 13 2010, 06:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1057696066"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Team from the Western Isles I mind we played in the mid-90's for some reason. Was anyone there and if so what was the occasion and was there anything notewrthy about the game?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1991 to open their pitch - we sent a youth team - our team was

Rangers XI 1991. L-R: Shaun Rouse, John Morrow, David Bowman, Craig Flannigan, Levi Smith, David Hagen, John Walker, Rodney Paterson, Stephen Watson, Danny Donnachie, Steven Pressley

i only reccognise morrow, hagan and pressley. did none of the others go on and do anything in the game ?

Most recently on a wet and windy night they played Point FC again opening their new pitch.All I can remember about the game was trying to stay dry and warm, the horrendous mistake by the Rangers goalie to gift Point an equaliser and the size of the crowd on an absoluetly awful night.

It really was an awful night. Grant Adam was the goalie that night, letting in a 30+ yard free-kick (Point's only shot on goal, IIRC).

I remember Jamie Ness was playing in the middle that night.