Coaching Staff

nvager

I think if PLG had to bring in ex-players to motivate the team he would see it as a sign that he cant do his job, he is very involved with the coaching side of things and has his own methods and techniques, bringing in someone who has a passion for the club doesnt always work if they dont have a scooby what they are doing.

Give PLG time to motivate and train the players his way and lets see what happens first. (tu)

I think if PLG had to bring in ex-players to motivate the team he would see it as a sign that he cant do his job, he is very involved with the coaching side of things and has his own methods and techniques, bringing in someone who has a passion for the club doesnt always work if they dont have a scooby what they are doing.

Give PLG time to motivate and train the players his way and lets see what happens first. (tu)

Agree. No way PLG will want it too look like he needs help. He'll do it his way and nothing else.

Bring in some ex gers to help PLG.

McCoist for sure

Others?

I don't care less WHO comes in - as long as they are good. I don't see the point in bringing in a Rangers man simply because he is. Just because they're bluenoses doesn't make them good coaches.

I'm not very convinced about Ally to say the least.

If PLG would go for it, id go for the English connection - Woods, Butcher, Wilkins and Drinkell.

They all know about success at this club, all have talked about what this club meant to them and all had success through hard work - Drinkell in particular could teach the young guys about doing the most with what little ability you got

Likewise, why do you assume that an because a coach is an ex-player, then he wont be a great coach?

it is just hypothetical anyway, we know that is is not going to happen, but what is the harm in speculating?

Likewise, why do you assume that an because a coach is an ex-player, then he wont be a great coach?

it is just hypothetical anyway, we know that is is not going to happen, but what is the harm in speculating?

i suppose you have a point, but it wont happen as we have no money to spend.

But the prerequisite in this thread is eliminating anyone who isn't a Rangers man. And it stands to reason there are more good coaches who are not Rangers men than there are who are.

Dont know about that, I was reading the initial post as asking of you could bring in ex-Gers players to help out, who would it be?

Thus, my answer was given

Having said that, I wanted Terry Butcher to be our manager this season and as much as I am behind PLG, I think Tel would have done a better job this season