Walter's Big Season Finish

Stu1993

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 01 May 2010

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

WALTER SMITH wants his two in a row title heroes to stage a barnstorming end to the season and show just why they're champions.

Gers face trips to Tannadice and Celtic Park before ending the season against Motherwell at Ibrox. And boss Smith is keen to finish in style.

He said: "We have only lost two matches this season and there is a great deal of pride in that.

"You break the season into quarters and I always think you can lose a game a quarter and still be in with a chance of being crowned champions.

"The players will want to keep that run going, I'm sure."

Smith will field an unfamiliar side against Dundee United today. He said: "It's that time of year. We have three games left and we have to ensure we get the squad playing.

"We have guys like Steven Smith. His attitude in training has been exemplary.

"With Sasa Papac suspended we have to try and give Steven a few games because he deserves that.

"We will try to give opportunities to a few players in the next three games."

Defenders Madjid Bougherra (calf) and Danny Wilson (thigh) are both still out.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2955329/Walters-big-finish.html#ixzz0mcyeLEOW

Good to hear the younger lads are going to get a run out.

Andrew Liitle, John Fleck :BELM:

Agree Boab. if we were going too see the youth players have a run out then i would think most would want ones they havent seen much of e.g Wylde, Bendiksen, Perry, Ness, Campbell.

we have seen what fleck and little have done over the last two seasons ( still not much of them ) but i would rather see other people out there.

I think us overseas supporters would love to get a look at the likes of Wylde, Bendiksen, Perry, Ness or

Campbell, to see what they are capable of, but I don't think Walter will make too many changes against United.Doubt if any will be given a run at the Piggery unless it's a 5 minute job at the end if the scoreline isn't tight, but then again, Walter might surprise everybody with a bodyswerve...ie;Little at R/B against the Tims.