The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword

Gitch

Looks like after a few months tweaking this will be fantastic. I'm enjoying the brighter graphics and the more cartoony style but in the end it's all about the gameplay and I'm hoping they've nailed it here.

Love Zelda games.

Same here, one of the best series ever, if not the best. Just hope this delivers and is as good as twilight princess, doubt it will get anywhere near ocarina of time and wind waker tho, those 2 are in a different league imo

nothing and i mean NOTHING beats "a link to the past" on the snes

sheer gaming genius :praise:

Same here, one of the best series ever, if not the best. Just hope this delivers and is as good as twilight princess, doubt it will get anywhere near ocarina of time and wind waker tho, those 2 are in a different league imo

I fully agree. I only played it a couple of months ago for the first time and absolutely loved it. There's never been or will be a Zelda game like it. It's all about the gameplay and a link to the past has that in abundance.

I fully agree. I only played it a couple of months ago for the first time and absolutely loved it. There's never been or will be a Zelda game like it. It's all about the gameplay and a link to the past has that in abundance.

i can honestly say that everytime i play that game (not often now i'll admit) there were still bits i got stuck on and couldnt remember, every dungeon seemed as hard as first time around and i loved the game as much everytime i played it

links awakening on the gameboy was another truely outstanding zelda game, (tu)

i can honestly say that everytime i play that game (not often now i'll admit) there were still bits i got stuck on and couldnt remember, every dungeon seemed as hard as first time around and i loved the game as much everytime i played it

I'm playing that right now. :wink:

Martin, the wii motion plus is pretty decent. It just makes the motion controls a lot more accurate. Can be a wee bit knackering if you're as unfit as I am though :blush:

I'm playing that right now. :wink:

Martin, the wii motion plus is pretty decent. It just makes the motion controls a lot more accurate. Can be a wee bit knackering if you're as unfit as I am though :blush:

Ah well all this talk about Zelda has made me go and play Twilight Princess again i never finished it but i have nearly now and this was one of the greatest things i have ever experienced in a game.

]

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be getting one game and one game only this christmas and it will be this without doubt.

I've been having to stop myself going to game every time I'm in the town as there're about 5 games I want just now but want to concentrate on one game only for the next few weeks.

I'll be there at opening time on Friday and will have to stop myself from taking a sickie or day off from work. This weekend's going to be fucking amazing and I won't have to drink a drop!!!

Oh, I finally sorted out the PS emulator on my laptop by the way Martin. Thanks so much for the help a while ago (tu)

I've been having to stop myself going to game every time I'm in the town as there're about 5 games I want just now but want to concentrate on one game only for the next few weeks.

I'll be there at opening time on Friday and will have to stop myself from taking a sickie or day off from work. This weekend's going to be fucking amazing and I won't have to drink a drop!!!

Oh, I finally sorted out the PS emulator on my laptop by the way Martin. Thanks so much for the help a while ago (tu)

I wish I could buy it on Friday but I'm a little low on the cash front right now and I've got Hamburg to go to in a couple of weeks so that takes priority over Zelda obviously so I'll just wait till christmas as it's only like 4/5 weeks away. Nb about the emulator. I've no played it in a while myself. The last game I was playing was Chrono Trigger on the SNES emulator but that was about 2 months ago. I've no played anything really apart from the rare game of Fifa.

Holy fuck!!!! Gamespot gave it a 7.5 that is incredibly low for a Zelda game

Read that this morning. While the guy might have some valid concerns about the control system it seems he's expected so much more from the game than he should.

He complains about it following the same formula as every other Zelda game. If it didn't it wouldn't be Zelda imo.

He also doesn't like the fact that you return to parts of the overworld later on to do something else. I love that idea. Means you can dot around looking for areas you'll have to come back to later.

After reading it I really don't know what this bloke was expecting. He seemed to be wanting some kind of groundbreaking game that was totally different from everything that's come before. It's Nintendo for fuck sake, they do what works!

Read that this morning. While the guy might have some valid concerns about the control system it seems he's expected so much more from the game than he should.

He complains about it following the same formula as every other Zelda game. If it didn't it wouldn't be Zelda imo.

He also doesn't like the fact that you return to parts of the overworld later on to do something else. I love that idea. Means you can dot around looking for areas you'll have to come back to later.

After reading it I really don't know what this bloke was expecting. He seemed to be wanting some kind of groundbreaking game that was totally different from everything that's come before. It's Nintendo for fuck sake, they do what works!

He seems to be the only one having problems with the controls. Anywhere else has said the control are as perfect as it will get on the Wii. Surely they all can't be wrong and one guy is right. Maybe he just had a bad luck with it. I had a look through the forum after it and it was mayhem :lol: People wanting to kill this guy and you had the Playstation and Xbox fanboys wanting the guy knighted. There was some funny arguments going on at the time but Gamespot's reviews have been poor for the past few years. I mean 8.5 for Twilight Princess now 7.5 for Skyward Sword whilst everywhere else is giving 9 and 10's across the board plus they have had other controversial review scores. They have been pretty unreliable for the most part of this generation of consoles. Don't get me wrong I respect the opinion it's the guys job to say what he thinks but it's just the general thought of other reviewers that strongly disagree with him.

He seems to be the only one having problems with the controls. Anywhere else has said the control are as perfect as it will get on the Wii. Surely they all can't be wrong and one guy is right. Maybe he just had a bad luck with it. I had a look through the forum after it and it was mayhem :lol: People wanting to kill this guy and you had the Playstation and Xbox fanboys wanting the guy knighted. There was some funny arguments going on at the time but Gamespot's reviews have been poor for the past few years. I mean 8.5 for Twilight Princess now 7.5 for Skyward Sword whilst everywhere else is giving 9 and 10's across the board plus they have had other controversial review scores. They have been pretty unreliable for the most part of this generation of consoles. Don't get me wrong I respect the opinion it's the guys job to say what he thinks but it's just the general thought of other reviewers that strongly disagree with him.

Aye, I had read a few other reviews, including IGN who are known for their Wii bashing and gave it a 10. I've never really read Gamespot so don't know much about their reviews but this guy was really going for it. In this age of XBox 360 and PS3 if a game's not got voice acting or brilliant graphics a lot of folks will not even look at it.

I've seen a few comments (mainly from Americans) that Zelda's too linear and that in this day and age it should be an open world sandbox type game. That makes me sad :(

Aye, I had read a few other reviews, including IGN who are known for their Wii bashing and gave it a 10. I've never really read Gamespot so don't know much about their reviews but this guy was really going for it. In this age of XBox 360 and PS3 if a game's not got voice acting or brilliant graphics a lot of folks will not even look at it.

I've seen a few comments (mainly from Americans) that Zelda's too linear and that in this day and age it should be an open world sandbox type game. That makes me sad :(

They gave Infamous 2 on PS3 a 7.5 and it got 9's and 9.5's across the board aswell. They expect too much from games. It's a bit hypocritical of them saying Zelda is just the same formula as other Zelda's when they are giving MW3 an 8.5 which is COD 4 part 5 basically as every Call of Duty game has been the same since 2007. The general consensus is that Skyward Sword is one of the best 3D Zelda's if not the best. I just saw this on Gamespot I don't know whether they have been playing the game wrongly or have just made a mistake in the review. Anyway this is what it says so that may be the problem the reviewer had with the controls or it may have just been a typo.

Editor's note: This review originally stated that aiming was handled through the Wii Remote's infrared sensor, which is incorrect. The review has been amended accordingly. GameSpot regrets the error.

They gave Infamous 2 on PS3 a 7.5 and it got 9's and 9.5's across the board aswell. They expect too much from games. It's a bit hypocritical of them saying Zelda is just the same formula as other Zelda's when they are giving MW3 an 8.5 which is COD 4 part 5 basically as every Call of Duty game has been the same since 2007.

It's almost fanboyish. I really dislike the CoD games. Tried Black Ops and it wasn't for me tbh.

I think I'll wait until I've had a good couple of hours on Zelda till I make my mind up. Can't see past it being fantasic though so it'll have to be pretty shite before I'll slate it at all.

It's almost fanboyish. I really dislike the CoD games. Tried Black Ops and it wasn't for me tbh.

I think I'll wait until I've had a good couple of hours on Zelda till I make my mind up. Can't see past it being fantasic though so it'll have to be pretty shite before I'll slate it at all.

The general consensus is that it's a great game though and probably the best 3D Zelda. The controls can't get any more praise than it's already getting. Everywhere is saying this is the way motion sensing game should be like. The reviewer of Gamespot may have had a bad experience with the game these things can happen but if the general opinion is that the controls are top notch I have no fear.