Football Manager 2007 Official Thread!

Official FM Thread

beat newcastle last night 3-0

dagoberto

prso x 2

now on a 17 game unbeaten streak

the next game cant remember the opponents (spl) i won 4-0

prso x 4

injuries have forced me to recall rodriguez who has put in 5 top performances and convinced me to take him off the transfer list

at least until i can afford Kaboul

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well wrapped up champ league and won spanish cup well on my way to becoming the most succesful manager in spain, currently 3rd in spanish hall of fame, 5th in scottish nationality,and now just scrapped into 20th in continental managers :D

Don't you love spain, i needed a new GK so searched round and sounded out frey but fiorentina said they would settle for 25M, dont know about you but thats a bit much for me, so went to look for akinfeev only to find he had moved to Valencia just a week earlier, but to my amazement Valencia had put a min fee release clause of 12.5M so signed him up :lol: , it gets better sold zambrotta to Milan for 20M as he was 32, signed eduardo ratinho from yip Valencia min fee release clause 6m hahahahaha silly barstewards they only had him for a week also :lol:

still got 71m to spend and need yet another striker so tonight im going for

a. rooney

b. villa

I've got 3 main games although one is a network game.

1) Rangers manager won 5 SPL Titles in a row as well as the Uefa Cup. 3 CIS Cup's and 1 Scottish Cup. In my 6th season 15 points ahead of Celtic turned down jobs from Liverpool, Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon.

2) Started jobless then became the manager of the Belarus team I took them up a division but then i was relegated and got sack then Cowdenbeath hired me so I took them to the SPL before resigning. (didn't want to get relegation and ruin image). Currently out of a job but hoping to get the Hearts Job which has become available.

3) Network game at work I'm Rangers 1st season 4 points behind Inverness october not signed any1 yet other teams taken are Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Real Madrid, Everton and Shandong (Chinese team. Dont Ask!)

Anyway I want to win 10 in a row with Rangers on the top 1 before I leave I'll proably buy a few world class players before I leave so they stay top when I'm gone and I'll return near the twilight of my career.

Havent tried a Network game yet .... Whats it like ?

Does it run slow compared to a normal game etc etc ?

1) Rangers manager won 5 SPL Titles in a row as well as the Uefa Cup. 3 CIS Cup's and 1 Scottish Cup. In my 6th season 15 points ahead of Celtic turned down jobs from Liverpool, Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon.

2) Started jobless then became the manager of the Belarus team I took them up a division but then i was relegated and got sack then Cowdenbeath hired me so I took them to the SPL before resigning. (didn't want to get relegation and ruin image). Currently out of a job but hoping to get the Hearts Job which has become available.

3) Network game at work I'm Rangers 1st season 4 points behind Inverness october not signed any1 yet other teams taken are Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Real Madrid, Everton and Shandong (Chinese team. Dont Ask!)

Anyway I want to win 10 in a row with Rangers on the top 1 before I leave I'll proably buy a few world class players before I leave so they stay top when I'm gone and I'll return near the twilight of my career.

It runs pretty good but thats because the guy has a really good computer but with a normal computer and about 10 people it would normally run slowly.

Anyway on the network game I'm now 3rd 2 points behind Celtic and 4 behind Inverness but I've got St Mirren at home next.

I drew 2-2 with Celtic on the network game at Ibrox. Celtic are run by a person on the game.

2whktbs.jpg

:o seem to be doing pretty well then

what season are you in OC?

i signed silva, hes turned out class and Gianpaolo Pazzini is looking like a class signing too

just finished my 3rd season with barca, i have won every trophy i have been in bar the champ league in my first season got beat in final :angry: , but i get bored very quickly i tend to play for 5 seasons max then start a new game

this is my starting 11 at the mo:

GK - Akinfeev

RB- puyol

LB- marcelo

CB- Kompany

CB-mertesacker

RM-messi

CM- cardenas

CM- Ronaldinho

LM- N'zogbia

ST- Eto

ST-Fernando torres

plus many,many good youngsters i have a guy called Omar andrade he is 19 and is now worth 14M and he has only played 15 first team games in 3 seasons :blink:

started a preston one last night and im currently second behind birmingham by a point after 12 games, was gonna go for a bigger challenge but i hate not being able to buy good players, so preston seemed fitting as they have some average players good enough for the championship so hopefully get automatic promotion in my first season

This silva is that the one from valencia? was looking at him but i don't think he is better than what i have

ive got roughly ?30 million to spend, im man utd scholes is getting on and i need a new young midfielder to take his place can you reccomend anyone?

ive baught Fabrice Muamba from arsenal, got him for 2 million and his stats look good.

pique from man utd, has anyone had him before? barca, real madrid and loads more huge clubs were offering me a lot of money for him i sold him for ?8.5 million and his stats were pants

This silva is that the one from valencia? was looking at him but i don't think he is better than what i have

yeah thats the one mate (tu) hes a class act, second best player in EPL average rating 7.71 was out injusred for a while, scored 11 goals and assists 16. hes looking like a great buy. and can play anywhere in midfield

ive got roughly ?30 million to spend, im man utd scholes is getting on and i need a new young midfielder to take his place can you reccomend anyone?

ive baught Fabrice Muamba from arsenal, got him for 2 million and his stats look good.

pique from man utd, has anyone had him before? barca, real madrid and loads more huge clubs were offering me a lot of money for him i sold him for ?8.5 million and his stats were pants

<nooo> shouldn't have sold pique gets great after a few years in mine he now has 40 spain caps :blink:, for midfiled go for gourcoff (starts at milan frenchman rm/cm)plays well either position or cardenas is amazin he is 16/17 and gets awesome he keeps xavi out of my barca team cost about 750k.

muamba is a good buy (tu)

but i get bored very quickly i tend to play for 5 seasons max then start a new game

You get about 10m to spend at start of season with barca, would't say loads of cash as 10m cant buy you a player that will improve the team i had to sell some first team players to finance my purchases.

That's because you've gone a team with loads of cash.

no thats not the reason i get bored with players just appearing out of nowhere with made up names i can't stand it, ive now gone preston and i bet you i don't play more than 5 seasons, and preston start with no money what so ever

<nooo> shouldn't have sold pique gets great after a few years in mine he now has 40 spain caps :blink:, for midfiled go for gourcoff (starts at milan frenchman rm/cm)plays well either position or cardenas is amazin he is 16/17 and gets awesome he keeps xavi out of my barca team cost about 750k.

cool good stuff thanks, ive got cardenas and gago and a few other young players that look good, most of them have been sent to livi for the season.

can i choose different affiliate clubs?

Can anyone reccomend any really good young players. I've struggled to find anyone bar Dean Sturridge.

Any reccomendations?

the whole of the chilean under 19's, loboa (deportivo cali), omar andrade, ryan bertrand from chelsea, naismith, liam craig gets good, pique from man utd, denilson (arsenal), bangura (watford), bedtner , dahlin(lyn), krul (newcastle). at work and can't really remember any more bar the ones mentioned in the thread

cool good stuff thanks, ive got cardenas and gago and a few other young players that look good, most of them have been sent to livi for the season.

<yes> - it seems every transfer window you can ask for a new club, i had about 13 in my arsenal one.

In my preston game ive jsut got tottenham as my parent club :D , i get all their good youngsters and don't pay a penny for them

<yes> - it seems every transfer window you can ask for a new club, i had about 13 in my arsenal one.

In my preston game ive jsut got tottenham as my parent club :D , i get all their good youngsters and don't pay a penny for them

cool, how do i ask for one?

its a pain in the arse trying to buy players eh? players valued at ?8million i cant even get a ?16 million offer accepted :angry:

New Game started. :D

In: Freddy Adu, Scott Brown, Lee McCulloch, Eddie Johnson and Steven Naismith.

out: Lionel Letizi, Jeremy Clement, Libor Sionko, Thomas Buffel, Filip Sebo. Julein Rodriguez has also gone out on loan.

First game finished 5-2 win at home to St Mirren. Need to bring in some CB's defence was a shambles.

43rzpxc.jpg

cool, how do i ask for one?

its a pain in the arse trying to buy players eh? players valued at ?8million i cant even get a ?16 million offer accepted :angry:

down the left hand side you should be able to see affiliated clubs click on that and it will bring up your clubs at bottom of that screen is the ask for affiliate button (tu)

down the left hand side you should be able to see affiliated clubs click on that and it will bring up your clubs at bottom of that screen is the ask for affiliate button (tu)

cool cheers mate i will give it a shot tonight (tu)

get Kaboul from Auxerre if you have any cash spare, that'll shore up the defence, or bring back J-rod - he's playing well for me alongside svensson

Thanks for the advice I bought him and I've played 1 game since had him in my backline alongside Svensonn and he played really well. 1-0 win over Hibs. Next up Killie.

(tu) again.