Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

Indefensible in the eyes of a self-appointed, self-righteous, moral guardian. I very much doubt whether this dodgier, darker element gives a toss about whether they have your approval.

At what stage in your time supporting Rangers did you decide that it was time for you to cleanse us and rid us of the undesirable element in our midst?

I very much doubt it too

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where? Show me one instance of undeserved criticism I have given our support.

Earlier in this thread you stated that the multi-chinned - and yet singularly talentless - Traynor was 'spot on' in his criticism of our support.

You being in agreement with his opinions is no proof that his criticism is deserved.

He was criticising the fans that sung sectarian songs at the Blackburn game - which they did.

Whatever songs they may have been - his opinion that they were 'sectarian' is far from definitive. Yours too.

We weren't talking about the other comments by Speirs though were we? You said that Speirs had called every Rangers fan a bigot 'to a man' and he hadn't. The other comments dont matter as they are irrelevant to what we were talking about. It was you who brought that comment up but have deflected onto other things Speirs has said......exactly what the Press do with us in regards to Sectarian singing.

And the guy who posted the pic was being selective. I wasn't, I just ignored what was irrelevant to our discussion.

I was talking about Spiers comments as a whole - perhaps you should re-read my opening post. He has continued for years to lie about our club and its support, and I have cited examples throughout the thread which are not in Jaz's catalogue.

Forgive me for being one word out in reciting Speirs diatribe off the top of my head. I think you are splitting hairs on that one.

I note you have been silent on the many other lies Spiers has made regarding our club or its support.

Indefensible in the eyes of a self-appointed, self-righteous, moral guardian. I very much doubt whether this dodgier, darker element gives a toss about whether they have your approval.

At what stage in your time supporting Rangers did you decide that it was time for you to cleanse us and rid us of the undesirable element in our midst?

I very much doubt it too

.....and the second part?

We weren't talking about the other comments by Speirs though were we? You said that Speirs had called every Rangers fan a bigot 'to a man' and he hadn't. The other comments dont matter as they are irrelevant to what we were talking about. It was you who brought that comment up but have deflected onto other things Speirs has said......exactly what the Press do with us in regards to Sectarian singing.

And the guy who posted the pic was being selective. I wasn't, I just ignored what was irrelevant to our discussion.

I was talking about Spiers comments as a whole - perhaps you should re-read my opening post. He has continued for years to lie about our club and its support, and I have cited examples throughout the thread which are not in Jaz's catalogue.

Forgive me for being one word out in reciting Speirs diatribe off the top of my head. I think you are splitting hairs on that one.

I note you have been silent on the many other lies Spiers has made regarding our club or its support.

Your opening post was to call me a bigot because of that one line from Spiers, which turned out to be incorrect.

I most certainly have not been silent on any innacuracy from Speirs, maybe in this thread but not in others.

I very much doubt it too

When I grew up and realised that these songs and this element of our support is doing damage to our image - and I care about the image that Rangers has.

Your opening post was to call me a bigot because of that one line from Spiers, which turned out to be incorrect

I think if you refer back you will find I included myself and my children in that accusation.

"Almost to a man"

It is certainly couched to include the vast majority of my brethern.

I very much doubt it too

When I grew up and realised that these songs and this element of our support is doing damage to our image - and I care about the image that Rangers has.

So why did it not damage our club generations ago, its because to many earl haigs are employed in the media and papers, which allows them to spread lies about our fans.

"Whoever heard of any organisation or any institution not being allowed proudly to proclaim their roots?

Do you know who made this comment TWB ?

Yes, his name escapes me though

Bradley?

Nope you are thinking of Jospeh Bradley and his dissertation on Scottish Sport and ethnic identity.

The person who made that comment was one Graham Spiers in the Herald on Sunday several years ago.

I very much doubt it too

So why did it not damage our club generations ago, its because to many earl haigs are employed in the media and papers, which allows them to spread lies about our fans.

The World has moved on since then - it is no longer acceptable to belt out hate-filled songs and chants.

I very much doubt it too

The World has moved on since then - it is no longer acceptable to belt out hate-filled songs and chants.

What songs are you on about.

"Whoever heard of any organisation or any institution not being allowed proudly to proclaim their roots?

Do you know who made this comment TWB ?

Yes, his name escapes me though

Bradley?

Nope you are thinking of Jospeh Bradley and his dissertation on Scottish Sport and ethnic identity.

The person who made that comment was one Graham Spiers in the Herald on Sunday several years ago.

Ah ok

I'm not going to defend everything Speirs has said about us - He has printed a lot of innacurate tripe and downright lies about the Rangers support. I dont like him as a journalist, but people like him will just deflect when challenged as I mentioned before.

I very much doubt it too

The World has moved on since then - it is no longer acceptable to belt out hate-filled songs and chants if you support Rangers, okay if you support Celtic

sorted that for you 10310.gif

The World has moved on since then - it is no longer acceptable to belt out hate-filled songs and chants if you support Rangers, okay if you support Celtic

sorted that for you 10310.gif

Neither are acceptable - I have never stated anything otherwise.

In the eyes of the press it very much is the truth TWB.

To you and rfc52 - The paramilitary songs which sill get sung. And also the 'FTP' chants that have died down of late but are creeping slowly back in

TWB, i'll give you the FTP chants I have heard them on the odd occasion, however i am at a miss to know what paramilitary songs you are on about.

To you and rfc52 - The paramilitary songs which sill get sung. And also the 'FTP' chants that have died down of late but are creeping slowly back in

TWB, i'll give you the FTP chants I have heard them on the odd occasion, however i am at a miss to know what paramilitary songs you are on about.

A Fathers Advice, Daddys Uniform, Number One Platoon

Instead of arguing on here, why dont you get leaflets printed and hand them out at our next home or away game. Just explain to our fans that you are not happy with some of the songs that they sing. I am sure you will get a great response as you have stated that its only a minority that sing those songs.

Instead of arguing on here, why dont you get leaflets printed and hand them out at our next home or away game. Just explain to our fans that you are not happy with some of the songs that they sing. I am sure you will get a great response as you have stated that its only a minority that sing those songs.

Good advice, thanks for that.