17 Pages of Discussion of the RST Shananigans

opportunityknox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, can someone give some help to a simple Gers fan who has a hard time balancing his checkbook and is even worse with the cloak and dagger stuff.

I read the Leggat article earlier and just say what he says is true and their is a taig at the bank, what were his aims and how did he get on with them so far. Was it....

To stop us competing with his beloved tic ?

To make us go tits up ?

If it was either of these then he has failed miserably, because as far as I can see this forced tightening of our belts has so far made us better off debt wise while still allowing the mhanks to win hee haw. If this is a too simplistic view then could someone put me straight. Also if Leggat got hold of this, would'nt some of the people running our club know it also and be kicking up holy fuck one way or another ? I would like to think that the top men at Ibrox are a lot wider than me or some journalist and all I'm hearing from them lately is that we are weathering this storm no too bad, taig in the bank or no. :)

You have completely misunderstood me.

I see no wrong in what Lloyds have done as things stand.

You will be having your motives questioned with statements like that, don't you know the bank are the enemy, with a hidden agenda, no? , neither did I.

The issue will become clearer in the next day or so.

The OP was attempting to divert our angst and focus away from the RST issues on to something far more important.

I realise that the content was rather vague which would lead to the comments posted asking what the hell we are talking about.

VB has been working behind the scenes looking at the important issues concerning the club.We are nowhere near out of danger and focusing too much on the actions of a select few in the RST may make us take our eye off the ball.

Hopefully the next 48 hours will make the situation clearer to all and then you may realise our deep concerns for the welfare of the club we all love.

The issue will become clearer in the next day or so.

The OP was attempting to divert our angst and focus away from the RST issues on to something far more important.

I realise that the content was rather vague which would lead to the comments posted asking what the hell we are talking about.

VB has been working behind the scenes looking at the important issues concerning the club.We are nowhere near out of danger and focusing too much on the actions of a select few in the RST may make us take our eye off the ball.

Hopefully the next 48 hours will make the situation clearer to all and then you may realise our deep concerns for the welfare of the club we all love.

Fair enough, I await your info with interest (tu)

The RST are still useless cunts though! :D

The OP is paranoid

RFC financial figures are a vast improvement on what they have been, yet the OP see's it fit to ask for unity to fight against lloyds bcos 'he says so'. All this secret pish is nonsense and very school playground-ish, either tell us or don't bother posting.

Tell us what's wrong or give it a rap

Rant over

In the OP

What we need to do is find a banner of unity somewhere and fight the enemy of Lloyds Banking Group in Scotland.

Putting 2 + 2 together (and hopefully not getting 5) it appears clear that, whatever the detailed nature of concern, the issue is Lloyds business relations with our beloved club?

In the OP

Putting 2 + 2 together (and hopefully not getting 5) it appears clear that, whatever the detailed nature of concern, the issue is Lloyds business relations with our beloved club?

yeah i got 4 as well...just gotta wait now for the revelation and unified action that would need to be taken, as im sure VB will have a method of action to be taken

More likely - the OP cares a lot.

About what?

all he's done is scaremonger.

No facts or anything of substance has been posted to show why we should unite against lloyds.

The protest against Donald muir have been shown to have

been misdirected.

Pre muir-poor financials

Post muir-much much improved financials, even profit

Where does AGK get the time to plot our downfall with his nefarious machinations, he has more jobs than docherty has had clubs, some people need a reality check, didn't Leggats good friend say that as well.

EXECUTIVE PROFILE*

Archibald Gerard Kane

Executive Director, Deputy Chairman of Life Pensions & Investments Business Division and Chief Executive of Scottish Widows, Lloyds Banking Group plc

Age Total Annual Compensation This person is connected to 41 board members in 9 different organizations across 6 different industries.

See Board Relationships

58 1,475,000 GBp

As of Fiscal Year 2009

BACKGROUND*

Mr. Archibald Gerard Kane is the Group Executive Director of Insurance and Investments at Lloyds TSB Group. He is the Chief Executive Officer and Director at Scottish Widows Group Ltd. Mr. Kane is the Chairman at Scottish Widows Investment Partnership Limited. He is a Member of Group Executive Committee at the firm. Mr. Kane is a Director at HBOS Investment Fund Managers Limited.

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS*

There is no corporate data available.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIPS*

Chairman

Scottish Widows Investment Partnership Limited

Director

HBOS Investment Fund Managers Limited

Director

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Chief Executive Officer and Director

Scottish Widows Group Ltd.

Chairman

Association of British Insurers

Deputy Chairman

Scottish Widows Plc

2000-Present

Executive Director, Deputy Chairman of Life Pensions & Investments Business Division and Chief Executive of Scottish Widows

Lloyds Banking Group plc

2009-Present

Director

Bank Of Scotland plc

2009-Present

Director

HBOS plc

EDUCATION*

There is no Education data available.

OTHER AFFILIATIONS*

Bank Of Scotland plc

HBOS plc

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Scottish Widows Plc

ANNUAL COMPENSATION*

Salary 590,000 GBp

Bonus 885,000 GBp

Total Annual Compensation 1,475,000 GBp

STOCK OPTIONS*

All Other Compensation 48,000 GBp

Exercisable Options 432,532

Unexercisable Options 6,906

Total Number of Options 439,438

TOTAL COMPENSATION*

Total Annual Cash Compensation 1,475,000 GBp

Total Short Term Compensation 1,475,000 GBp

Other Long Term Compensation 48,000 GBp

Total Calculated Compensation 1,523,000 GBp

*Data is at least as current as the most recent Definitive Proxy.

Where does AGK get the time to plot our downfall with his nefarious machinations, he has more jobs than docherty has had clubs, some people need a reality check, didn't Leggats good friend say that as well.

EXECUTIVE PROFILE*

Archibald Gerard Kane

Executive Director, Deputy Chairman of Life Pensions & Investments Business Division and Chief Executive of Scottish Widows, Lloyds Banking Group plc

Age Total Annual Compensation This person is connected to 41 board members in 9 different organizations across 6 different industries.

See Board Relationships

58 1,475,000 GBp

As of Fiscal Year 2009

BACKGROUND*

Mr. Archibald Gerard Kane is the Group Executive Director of Insurance and Investments at Lloyds TSB Group. He is the Chief Executive Officer and Director at Scottish Widows Group Ltd. Mr. Kane is the Chairman at Scottish Widows Investment Partnership Limited. He is a Member of Group Executive Committee at the firm. Mr. Kane is a Director at HBOS Investment Fund Managers Limited.

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS*

There is no corporate data available.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIPS*

Chairman

Director

Director

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Chief Executive Officer and Director

Chairman

Deputy Chairman

Scottish Widows Plc

2000-Present

Executive Director, Deputy Chairman of Life Pensions & Investments Business Division and Chief Executive of Scottish Widows

Lloyds Banking Group plc

2009-Present

Director

Bank Of Scotland plc

2009-Present

Director

HBOS plc

EDUCATION*

There is no Education data available.

OTHER AFFILIATIONS*

Bank Of Scotland plc

HBOS plc

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Scottish Widows Plc

ANNUAL COMPENSATION*

Salary 590,000 GBp

Bonus 885,000 GBp

Total Annual Compensation 1,475,000 GBp

STOCK OPTIONS*

All Other Compensation 48,000 GBp

Exercisable Options 432,532

Unexercisable Options 6,906

Total Number of Options 439,438

TOTAL COMPENSATION*

Total Annual Cash Compensation 1,475,000 GBp

Total Short Term Compensation 1,475,000 GBp

Other Long Term Compensation 48,000 GBp

Total Calculated Compensation 1,523,000 GBp

*Data is at least as current as the most recent Definitive Proxy.

Who said this had anything to do with Kane or Leggatt?

So why ask us to "find a banner of unity somewhere and fight the enemy of Lloyds Banking Group in Scotland" if you're not even remotely willing to explain why they're the enemy? I can only think of 2 reasons:

Attention seeking, i.e. (if anything does come out) "remember I told you they were the enemy 72 hours ago" or;

Nope, I can actually only think of one.

It seems from this thread, unless I'm missing something, that the accusations come from the suggestion that the "Group Executive Director of Insurance and Investments at Lloyds TSB Group" - a man who will have bugger all to do with Rangers' debt - may or may not have gone to a catholic school.

If there's more, please tell us. If not, save the theatrics until there's something to pass on (tu)

I understand your frustration but I could do without the childish antics and personal attacks thanks.

Am I barking up the wrong tree asking for Rangers fans to unite? It seems so.

To be perfectly honest, regardless of who the enemy is at any particular time, this is the crucial issue for the Rangers support.

Ok, quick question if I may:

Are you looking to have our debt removed from Lloyds because they have a catholic as a director? Please tell me I've misunderstood, because I hope I have.

If I haven't, what do you propose we do with our debt? Is there a major bank with a Protestant-only recruitment policy who would like to take our debt on?

I'm fucking flummoxed by this, really I am. Hopefully one of you "in the know" guys can help me out....

That's a leading question making a huge assumption about something not mentioned.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to put words in someone's mouth.

Religion is NOT an issue for any Rangers fan or for the club.

It may be for others.

@Opportunityknox

I don't think Bluepeter's launching a personal attack etc against yourself,he was just as confused as me with the OP but Adoniram kinda cleared it up by saying all will become clear in 48 hours,we will unite if we know why and it's justified you can be assured of that (tu)

Who said this had anything to do with Kane or Leggatt?

Indeed.

Without going in to specific posts on here, the personal attacks on myself for caring about Rangers, and trying to look beyond the childish rivalry between factions of Rangers supporters really are embarrasing.

If I'm not specific enough about what is going on I make no apologies, as that's only part of the story.

The problem is that we as a support are continually getting wrapped up in trivial nonsense while paying scant attention to anything remotely serious.

I'm at the stage I couldn't care less how much Money certain Rangers fans make from their fellow supporters, how how high up the moral highground others are.

What does it matter if dark forces are shafting our football club?

Do u expect folk to follow u like a shepherd and his sheep without reason?

Give us a valid reason and then ppl will consider what you propose, until then I'm afraid ur onto plums mate

I'll make this plain.

I am not and never will ask people to follow me, and am making no proposal.

I simply ask that Rangers fans look beyond childish rivalry (for now).

I hate all this secret service pish, If all will be revealed soon enough, I don't understand the need for secrecy.

Do us a favour OKnox, next time you've got a story or an exclusive or whatever, plz don't tell half the story in riddles. Full story or nothing plz.

I understand your frustration but I could do without the childish antics and personal attacks thanks.

Am I barking up the wrong tree asking for Rangers fans to unite? It seems so.

To be perfectly honest, regardless of who the enemy is at any particular time, this is the crucial issue for the Rangers support.

If it came across as a personal attack, I'm happy to apologise. It certainly wasn't meant as one. The frustration - which you say you understand - comes from being told to unite against a common enemy with absolutely no reasons given as to why they are the enemy. What sort of reaction did you expect to this thread?

That's a leading question making a huge assumption about something not mentioned.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to put words in someone's mouth.

Religion is NOT an issue for any Rangers fan or for the club.

It may be for others.

The question was based on the only 'reason' given in this thread for being anti-Lloyds, i.e. the Leggat article. Maybe I've misread the article, if so could someone explain it to me? It seems to me that Leggat is suggesting that we shouldn't trust Lloyds because one of their directors doesn't tell us what school he went to. In that context, I thought it was clear what he was implying. Was I wrong?

Again, I'm not saying you've cited the Leggat article, the problem is you've cited nothing...

If I'm not specific enough about what is going on I make no apologies, as that's only part of the story.

The problem is that we as a support are continually getting wrapped up in trivial nonsense while paying scant attention to anything remotely serious.

So the problem is that we as a support pay scant attention to something we know nothing about and are given no detail about? <cr>