Zinedine Zidane backs Qatar for 2022

H72

Zidane energizes Qatar's 2022 bid

DOHA, Qatar -- It was like that moment at the end of a courtroom drama when a decisive witness is unexpectedly called, dramatically turning the outcome of the case on its head. Suddenly, the mood changed completely; suddenly, the verdict did not seem quite so clear cut. As a piece of PR it was a masterstroke. As a reflection of the impact a single man can have it was hugely revealing; a case study in convincing. For all the technical, objective criteria, for all the logical thinking, personality can still persuasive. Especially if you chose the right personality.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/sid_lowe/09/25/qatar.2022/index.html?eref=sihp/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz10cuIudmz

This article is huge so I didn't post it all, just the first paragraph. Worth a read. I love reading about this bid and really think Qatar have a claim for hosting it, despite their being a more sensible host of the USA.

It's amazing how much speed this bid is taking, and its a great piece of PR to get Zidane behind it too. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, this is their World Cup bid - their first five stadium designs :

Don't they know we are going to die in 2012 :ph34r:

I remember when the Large Hadron Collider was introduced and people in my school were properly acting like mugs as if we were done for. An Indian girl took her own life because of it - why not just fucking wait?